“Excellent friendly service with a thousand smiles”

Club One Seven Phuket
Ranked #11 of 401 Patong B&B and Inns
Bangkok
“Excellent friendly service with a thousand smiles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

A very big thank you to all the team at Club One Seven for making our recent Phuket holiday (30Dec’09-17Jan’10 ) so relaxing and enjoyable.
Our new Grand Deluxe room at the pool side was fantastic with every possible luxury included.
Club One Seven is definitely a home away from home as the staff took every opportunity to make us welcome and look after our every need. The restaurant & pool side proved to be great places to socialise and meet new international friends . The hotel is ideally situated on the southern end of Patong Beach central to the growing Arts district and within easy walking distance to the beach, Jung Ceylon shopping complex and the Paradise entertainment precinct.
Once again special thanks to Daniel for being such a great host and for his local knowledge and guidance. We will definitely be coming back to stay at Club One Seven real soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
No California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

Club One Seven – Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

I am going to try to write a more detailed review as I know that it is difficult to choose a place when you don’t have direct reference or friends who have stayed at a place of interest before. I hope you find this helpful.

Location: The actual location is N7 53.031 E98 17.576 for those of you with a GPS. The hotel (B&B) is located on a busy road with lots of traffic. That being said, every road in Patong Beach is very busy and hectic with shops, motor bikes, motor-bike-trucks, cars and trucks. There are also many street vendors. However Club One Seven is less busy than many streets. You can find their actual address on the web site.

Staff: The club prides itself in saying that it is your home away from home. And indeed they meet this goal. The staff is very friendly and any request is never too much to ask. It is so nice to always be greeted with a warm smile and friendly greeting as you leave or return. You are always made to feel that you belong. So many hotel are simply sterile and you seem to just be another “item,” but that is not true at Club One Seven.

Building/complex: I certainly have stayed in fancier hotels during my travels around the world, but Club One Seven met every need I had during this visit. The room was plenty big with a nice bed and good sized bedroom. I had read in previous review that room on the front could be noisy, so I requested a quiet room. I was given room 101 which is in the back and very quiet. I simply could not hear any noise from the road. My room also included a nice sized refrigerator stocked with standard items for a mini-bar. However there was lots of space to store my personal items that I wanted to keep chilled. Far too often hotels provide such a small refrigerator that you really have no space for your own things. In the warm climate of Phuket, it is nice to have your own beverages of choice chilled. In the bathroom, they provided combs, tooth brushes, tooth paste, bar soap, gel soap, shampoo, and a razor. Above the refrigerator is an electric kettle to use the provided tea or coffee with coffee cups. Of course there is a television, but they also provide a DVD player. One thing that is very important to me in this warm climate is good air conditioning. I must say that it was more than adequate. Fortunately the controls for it were in the room so I could set it to the temperature that suited me, but it could be kept much colder for those that wish to freeze. The room has a master power switch controlled by the card on the room key. Hence the power goes off when you leave the room along with the air conditioning. However I found that the room cooled very quickly when I returned even after being out most of the day. There is a small garden and pool with Jacuzzi in the back of the complex. I did not use this area much during my stay, but I did not that they provide beach towels at not extra chage. There is also a gym with a variety of equipment off of the pool area.

Maid Service: My room is cleaned and organized very well each day. They change the towels each day and change the sheets at your option. I simply could not ask for better service and a cleaner room.

Room: The bed is firm and comfortable. If you like a soft bed, you might not find it so comfortable, but it certainly was to my liking. There are 4 nice pillows on the bed, so it is easy to be comfortable. Along with the bed, is a desk and chair and table with the television and DVD playser. It has a couple of drawers to store your things. In the hanging closet, you will find adequate hangers and storage shelves for your things so that you do not have to live out of your suit case. There is also a storage place at the top of the closet to place your suit case out of the way. I was a little concerned because somebody claimed that their were “toxic” smells in the room. I must say that I didn’t find any objectionable smell. There are also two large mirrors in the main room along with a small mirror in the bathroom. The shower has a curtain that separates it from the rest of the bathroom. I always like a nice shower with plenty of warm water and a strong stream. I must stay that this shower met every expectation – very nice! Several people commented about the nice design work of the towels on the bed each day. I must agree that it is fun to come back to the room at the end of the day and see what they have come up with as it changes each day. I think that the towel design is only a sign of what they have tried to do in the overall appearance of the room. The room is simply but very nicely decorated with nice extras. There are light darkening drapes, so you can more easily sleep in if light bothers you in the morning. There is also a digital safe in the room available at no extra charge. You simply put in your own code. It is not large enough to store your lap top computer, but certainly large enough for a variety of other things that you want to keep safe.

Balcony: There is a small balcony off of room 101 over looking the pool. It has two chairs and a drying rack. There are sliding glass doors that open to the balcony.

Internet: I was pleased to find that they have good high-speed internet access at the hotel with strong signal either in the room, café, or patio. Since I like to travel with my laptop, I really appreciated this service which was free of charge. It is a wireless (WIFI) service, so your notebook must have a wireless card to use it. I did not see an Ethernet connection in the room. I never found a time during my 8 day visit that it was not working perfectly.

Café: There is a nice café at Club One Seven. Of course breakfast is included with the room. You have a variety of choices for your breakfast including 1) Eggs: fried, scrambled, or omelet with cheese; bacon and sausage, toast with butter and jam, baked beans, coffee or tea, and orange juice; 2) A cold breakfast consisting of yogurt, cereal and milk, toast with butter and jam, fresh fruit, coffee or tea and orange juice; 3) A continental breakfast of toast with butter & jam, fresh fruit, coffee or tea, and orange juice; or 4) A pancake breakfast of 2 pancakes with honey or syrup, bacon, coffee or tea and orange juice, or finally 5) an oriental breakfast of porridge with pork or chicken, coffee or tea and orange juice. Their menu also indicates they provide room service which I did not use. I might add that it was warm enough that I did not experience anything other than one of the cold breakfasts.

The café also includes numerous choices of food for lunch or dinner at reasonable prices. I will not try to include details other than the fact that various beverages (both alcoholic and non alcoholic) are available. Also the menu includes Appetizers, soups, rice plates, Thai dishes, vegetarian food, noodle dishes, and western food. I did have a few meals at this café and found them to be very nice.

Travel Services: Although I have been to Thailand before, this was my first trip to Phuket, I found it very convenient that the front desk at Cub One Seven provides many local travel options with good suggestions. I used them exclusively for planning activities each day during my holiday. I found their recommendations to be very good and enjoyable. Two days they provided a private car with driver so that I could tour the island without a large group of people. This was very satisfactory as we could stop as I wanted and tour where I wanted. The cost was very reasonable. One day I did a 4 hour tour of the northern part of Phuket and the cost was TB1000. Another day I did a 6 hour car trip of southern Phuket and the cost was TB 1500. Their recommendation for boat tours were good too and the guides were very friendly and helpful,

Masseurs: Club One Seven does not have their own groups of masseurs. However they have an outside call-in service available for their guests. You can expect to pay about 1100 TB for a 2 hour massage, but also expect to pay about a 1000 TB tip. At the desk they have photos the the masseurs available, you then choose the one you wish to hire. Again they do NOT work at Club One Seven, but come from a massage studio that is near.

Airport Transport: The hotel staff arranged to have a private car meet me at the airport and return me at the end of my visit. I found this service to be wonderful. As I left the customs area, somebody was there waiting holding a sign with my name. There simply was no worry with all the people trying to get your transportation business as you exit the airport.

Walking Distance: I rather enjoyed the walks to various parts of Patong Beach. The beach itself is about a 5-10 minute walk from Club One Seven. Once you get to the beach you will find thousands of beach chairs with umbreallas. I simply was not interested in using the Tuk-tuks and found them annoying. I don’t enjoy having to bargain every time you want a ride and was happy that I did not need to take advantage of their “service.” There are a few taxis, but they are not easy to find. So I was very happy that I could walk without difficulty to the beach, shops, shopping center, or Paradise Center without problem.

Construction: I read that there was construction next door and indeed there is as of February 2010. However there has never been any noise at night and the noise from it during the day has not been objectionable to me. I presume that it will probably continue for a while, but it is a temporary thing.

Will I return? I probably will not return to Club One Seven. However let my reasons be clear. I simply will probably not return to Phuket because I have too many other places in the world that I would like to visit. I certainly was pleased with my visit to Phuket this time and absolutely pleased with my stay at Club One Seven. As a gay person, it is so nice to feel that you are so welcome and among friends. I give it a very high recommendation for those wanting to stay at Patong Beach.

I hope you enjoy - Roger (California)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank HawaiiMen
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

I felt i had to write this review after reading the previous review by maitairesort of port douglas,i know that everyone is entitled to an opinion,but his review is so far from the truth it is not funny,Club One Seven is only 200 metres from the Holiday Inn,and 300 metres from the beach,so i do not class thaty as the outskirts of Patong,secondly the 2 new poolside rooms which are sensational and opened on the 1st of December 2009 are not at all toxic as suggested by the previous reviewer,i have spent 40 nights in one of them since they opened,and sure like with anything new there was a slight smell,but to suggest they were toxic is a joke,perhaps the reviewer who had trouble breathing should see a Doctor as they may have a medical problem,also the beds are brand new and covered with a thick overlay,so they are very comfortable to sleep on,not at all like concrete,the garden and poolside area are under renovation,with all new outdoor furniture,grass,trees and shrubs,and sure with the heavy rain the grassed area was a bit muddy,but anyone with half a brain in that situation would have used the concrete pathways,sure this is only a small bed and breakfast hotel with 17 rooms,and a fourth floor with shared accomodation,but that is part of the charm of Club One Seven,you get to know the staff personally,whereas in a bigger hotel you are just a room number,the management and staff at Club One Seven go out of thier way to make your stay an enjoyable one,the house keeping staff spend well over 30 minutes a day cleaniung each room,which are kept very clean,overall i have noticed that almost 85% of reviewers feel as i do about Club One Seven,i do hope the previous reviewer gets medical assistance for thier breating problem.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank seahuntsydney
Port Douglas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

I recently stayed at Club One Seven in Phuket and unfortunetly had to check out at 2.30am in the morning. First of all Club One Seven is located on the outskirts of Patong and is quite a distance to anything. On entering the reception at about 6pm I was told my room was quite ready for me as it was a newly built room and they were still doing final set up. After a short while I was escorted from the reception thru a messy storage room to the back of the complex to my pool room. Club One Seven have just built two new pool rooms one of which i booked. In full credit the room was nicely decorated and all very modern, however, they had painted the floor and used a very toxic sealer. By 2.30am in the morning I was having trouble breathing and felt like I had toxic poisoning. I packed my bags and explained to the night reception that I was unable to stay here. My friend had booked a room in the older part of the club. His room was very dated and extremely basic. The beds in the rooms were like sleeping on concrete and not at all comfortable. The pool area / courtyard was an absolute disaster with a bird avary in one corner and a small pool. It was pouring with rain on my arrival and the whole place was in a mess and dirt and mud everywhere. The whole complex is very small and I’m not quite sure why they call it a club. Overall this place was extremely disappointing and a bad start to my holidays. I believe the website is very misleading.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank maitairesort
Club17Phuket, Manager at Club One Seven Phuket, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Thanks for your feedback.
We know we aren't the world's most luxurious hotel - nor are we trying to be. Our goal is to offer you a simple paradise.
Cheers,
Daniel
Aussie Single traveller
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

The Hotel location is good and quiet it is in the Art Galleries area it's a 5-10 min walk to the Major Shopping centre and Nightlife.
The Beach is just done the road.
There a 7 Evelen and a Money Exchange next door which is great for late night snack.
The Rooms are good size and the attention to detail is great.
Small staff means great service to each of there guest in the 15 room hotle.
There doing some upgrade which will make this a better place.
The pool and garden is nice to have a drink after a long day sight seeing.
Can't wait to return

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

My second stay at Club One Seven was in March, 2009. As usual, spotlessly clean rooms, fun towel art, and friendly staff. To have a quiet visit, ask for a room at the back away from the road. There is construction next door, but it didn't start until after 8 am, and ended by about 6 in the evening. Check out their special combination packages offered on their website until the Fall. The combination of included transportation, spa packages, day trips to nearby islands, and Phuket Fantasy are great if you don't want to spend all day at the beach. I found Fantasy Beach didn't live up to its billing but would recommend Karon Beach as being cleaner and less crowded than Patong Beach. Be sure to eat at the Seahag - Kenya is a great host and the food is very good and resonably priced. Find it along the Patong Beach Road and turn in the street by Zen.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank donmcq
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

This was my fourth two month stay at Club One Seven... Their motto is Your Home Away from Home and that's true. While One Seven is well known as a Gay Hotel it is not unusual to see straight couples who love it. The Staff are what make it special. The kitchen has a great new cook... I felt like I was stealing the food it was so cheap. The garden was a bit down this year due to construction next door but as soon as that is finished there will be new Garden Room for One Seven. They are also about to rip out the entire ground floor and put in a fabulous to lobby...Bar...restaurant. It will be so great and know that you have friends the minute you check in. Travellers are from all over the world and every year I add to my internation stable of great friends to keep in touch with and to meet up the next year. One Seven also has an Inn - a sort of budget dorm on the top floor so you can save money and share....the mind boggles.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo