“Smelly room and rude staff!”

Royal Phawadee Village
Ranked #75 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I don´t normally write reviews because we have been always very lucky with the hotels we have stayed in but .....this time we want to share our experience.

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Royal Phawadee Village last September. The hotel location was good however the room was very smelly (musky smell) and the staff in the reception was appalling! I am really surprised about the good reviews.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Royal Phawadee Village

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The location of the hotel is very near to the town and beach. We spent 4nights from 18 sept. Very friendly staff at front desk. Breakfast is nice but not much choice on foods esp the cheese is malty everyday when we go for breakfast. The outside Spa is better than the Hotel Spa. I went for pedicure and the lady charged me Thai bhat 170 but is really no good. I think she don't know what she doing so I just paid. We stay 4nights and our phone in the room is not working and we reported 3 times at reception but nobody seems to repaired and I need to go down twice to coffee house to order the food from room service. Hopefully now the room 127 the phone is repaired. In future we might choose other hotel for better service and I hope the spa need more privacy as the Spa don't have even a changing room is just an open area,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacky v
Reviewed September 19, 2012

If you wanna have a feel of Thai Village experience can consider to stay here. Breakfast was okay. Staffs are very friendly. The spa n swimming pool have no privacy at all. 5 minutes walk to the Beach and seven eleven next door very convenient place to stay。For sure we will come back to this hotel。

Hotel room are bright & clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adelchia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed 3 nights it was really good Thai Traditional Experience。 breakfast was good (but we prefer Thai breakfast)Staffs are very friendly and there are little omelets Counter at the corner they cooked really good omelets。There are little Spa facing to Swimming Pool (no privacy at all) so we had our treatment in the Room it was ok。5 minutes walk to the Beach and seven eleven next door very convenient place to stay。For sure we will come back to this hotel。

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yu_asi
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have made many trips to Phuket, and (on recommendation from Trip Advisor) tried the Royal Phawadee on our most recent trip there last month when we needed to make the $$$$ stretch a little further over a 4 week stay in Thailand. . The hotel is wonderfully located on SawatdirakRd only about a 2 minute walk to the beach straight up to the centre of the main beach. Right in the centre of everything. As others have stated in their reviews, the term that comes to mind is "oasis"....and its just the perfect haven to walk in off the bustling Patong streets into your own hotel's private garden and pool. We stayed there twice last month, first for 4 nights (in a superior room) and then again a fortnight later for 5 nights in a deluxe pavilion room. The prices were a ridiculously low approx US $45-$55 per night when we stayed there.

Its always a big decision about where to stay - particularly if you dont know the area, but if we are to make any recommendation for newcomers to Patong and Phuket, it would be 'go with this place" We have stayed at the Holiday Inn, the Merlin, The Horizon Beach and other hotels in Patong, but really guys, for value for money (it may not have the glitz of the others) but for being in the centre of the action, giving everythign you need at a high quality of service and at a negligible cost, this hotel is at the top of the pile.

The free Wifi is pretty poor, but we spoke to the staff at Reception ad the nice IT guru gave us his own WIFI password to use. Breakfasts are very relaxing and a highlight of the day.

Would we stay there again? Well we did! And we would, again and again :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dorogaya_3112
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Patong can be a very busy area so it was a bit of a relief every time I came back to the hotel and it's rich wood structures and lush gardens. I had one of the cabins right by the pool and it was very nice. The bed was a bit hard but that seemed to be the norm throughout Thailand in all the places I stayed. The bathroom had both a shower stall, with decent water pressure, and a jacuzzi. Just a warning though, this was one of the hotels I stayed at where you couldn't flush the toilet paper, you had to throw it out. This seems to be a pretty common thing so it was nice that the toilet was in it's own separate room with a door. My only complaint about the room was the fact that the wifi internet was very spotty. I could get e-mails but if I tried to upload a picture or skype home it wasn't powerful enough to do that, it would just stall out every time.

The hotel is only two short blocks from the beach and only a block in the other direction of the main road and shopping. It is a great location and relatively easy to get to. I did have some issues with my first taxi driver having no idea where it was (it's across from the Thara Patong hotel) but he was the only one I had who didn't know it. The staff was always very helpful and would set up tours for me each day. When I would come back they would ask me all about it, which was really nice since I was there alone so it made me feel less alone. The restaurant they had upstairs always had great food with lots of affordable options. I enjoyed my time there and had no real issues outside the internet connectivity problems.

Room Tip: Right now (2012) there is construction going on at the property behind the hotel. I suggest requesti...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TaraF8
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've stayed one week in this beautiful hotel. We were freely upgraded to a lovely pavilion room. However, we wanted to be transferred back to our originally booked suite room because that one has more (much more) space both inside and outside. Suite rooms are in the 3rd floor and have a nice view on the pool and the rest of the property. Our suite room was very big. The rooms were very clean. Staff was really friendly.

Massage service in the hotel has a comparable price level to the salons in the street. We chose to use the hotel massage which is very good and so convenient. There is also cocktail happy hour from 5 to 7. Selection of cocktails for 90 baht only. And also served in the pool area.

Breakfast was good. Not a lot of variation but enough for us.

Room Tip: Room 301 hardly has a covered outside space which is really needed in the wet season.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family