“A Garden Haven in the City”

Royal Phawadee Village
Ranked #75 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Patong can be a very busy area so it was a bit of a relief every time I came back to the hotel and it's rich wood structures and lush gardens. I had one of the cabins right by the pool and it was very nice. The bed was a bit hard but that seemed to be the norm throughout Thailand in all the places I stayed. The bathroom had both a shower stall, with decent water pressure, and a jacuzzi. Just a warning though, this was one of the hotels I stayed at where you couldn't flush the toilet paper, you had to throw it out. This seems to be a pretty common thing so it was nice that the toilet was in it's own separate room with a door. My only complaint about the room was the fact that the wifi internet was very spotty. I could get e-mails but if I tried to upload a picture or skype home it wasn't powerful enough to do that, it would just stall out every time.

The hotel is only two short blocks from the beach and only a block in the other direction of the main road and shopping. It is a great location and relatively easy to get to. I did have some issues with my first taxi driver having no idea where it was (it's across from the Thara Patong hotel) but he was the only one I had who didn't know it. The staff was always very helpful and would set up tours for me each day. When I would come back they would ask me all about it, which was really nice since I was there alone so it made me feel less alone. The restaurant they had upstairs always had great food with lots of affordable options. I enjoyed my time there and had no real issues outside the internet connectivity problems.

Room Tip: Right now (2012) there is construction going on at the property behind the hotel. I suggest requesti...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TaraF8

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've stayed one week in this beautiful hotel. We were freely upgraded to a lovely pavilion room. However, we wanted to be transferred back to our originally booked suite room because that one has more (much more) space both inside and outside. Suite rooms are in the 3rd floor and have a nice view on the pool and the rest of the property. Our suite room was very big. The rooms were very clean. Staff was really friendly.

Massage service in the hotel has a comparable price level to the salons in the street. We chose to use the hotel massage which is very good and so convenient. There is also cocktail happy hour from 5 to 7. Selection of cocktails for 90 baht only. And also served in the pool area.

Breakfast was good. Not a lot of variation but enough for us.

Room Tip: Room 301 hardly has a covered outside space which is really needed in the wet season.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our trip to Patong. Location wise was perfect for us. It was a very short 5 minute walk to Bangla Road where the nightlife and the shopping mall is located. Close enough to easily access the nightlife while far enough to not have to hear or be in the middle of the ruckus while trying to sleep. The music is really loud and the partying goes straight into the morning so you don't want to be too close to Bangla. It felt pretty safe walking back to the hotel as long as you werent alone. While it wasn't beachfront the beach is literally a 2 minute (half block) walk from the hotel. We stayed in a little hut in the back of the grounds. The room was nice and clean. The A/C unit could have been a bit stronger but it was comfortable. The lobby is nice and the hotel grounds feels like your entering another world when you walk through. It actually does feel like you are entering a jungle village when you get there. Definitely would stay again if returning to Patong.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason V
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Royal Phawadee for 2 nights and thought it was a lovely hotel. Nice rooms, free wifi, stunning pool area. We also had breakfast included which was yum. The staff were very helpful and nice. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank amymacca23
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 6 nights in July. It is a quiet oasis in Patong with beautiful gardens. You feel like you could be anywhere in Thailand. Breakfast was good and the staff were great. The down side of our stay was the national French day on the 14th July. We were not warned about this event until we arrived for our stay. We invited to the party at a cost of 1000 baht per person but decided not to go. The pool was off limits for 1 day and night and we had the largest fireworks I have ever seen set up outside our rooms which were set off around 11pm that night, they we're so loud that they shook the room. The party was very loud and finished at midnight. We had kids with us so it wasn't a great night for us. Rooms were small but comfortable, the shower was broken in our room but we got by. The kids room smelt a musty too. Overall this hotel was good for the price but if you don't speak French and aren't into fireworks don't stay here on the 14 July.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheSutties
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just returned from a week holiday in Patong. Truly surprised by the quality of the hotel, and surrounding gardens. Staff were great, and nothing was too much trouble. Loved the French influence, and for a change, what you see on the internet, is what you get. No hesitation recommending this hotel, and we,ll definately be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frager17
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place was fantastic. gorgeous and spacious rooms, fantastic gardens, stunning open tradional buildings. The staff in the resturant, cleaners, gardens etc were great and very helpful and accomadating, however the receptionist was a bit rude.
The value for money was amazing, very good prices on food, room service,and the bar even the mini bars prices were the same as 7/11. The rooms are large comfortable and well appointed with balconies and out door settings.
We enjoyed a few meals and drinks in the bar/resturant, and realy enjoyed the realaxed nature of the palace and the staff working in the bar/restuarant.
We will stay at this place again, we just loved everybit of it, however the receptionist was a pain, but you just cant go past this stunning hotel for value, comfort, and great freindly staff

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple