BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is okay but if you have travelled a lot you will not be blown away. They picked me up from the airport which was very convenient and then put me up in an apartment opposite the main hotel for the first night, unfortunately had to move to another building - still across the road from the main hotel, but also at the back of the building. This was a noticeably smaller apartment and one in which the TV did not work. Bar was okay to eat or drink at, and staff in all areas very pleasant. Please be aware the hotel has no views. Personally whilst the staff were excellent if I was staying in Patong or close again would book a room with a beach view. Also the place seemed to shut up room service wise at 11pm.

Room Tip: If you are after a nice hotel that is a 10-15 min walk from say Bangalor Road or 5-10 minute walk fr...
6  Thank Gurnip
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Gurnip,

Thank you for your feedback as this is important information for us to evaluate.

We were more than happy to be at your service and are proud to have enjoyed your company.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite certain hiccups, Please be assured that we are addressing the areas that you mentioned.

In regards to the view, indeed we have city view / street view that's why we are at a very quiet area, away from the hustle and bustle of Patong Beach but within 5 minutes walking distance
to the Famous Patong Beach, Bars, restaurants and shopping area.

I'm please that your found our staff excellent and and happy ti share your thoughts with them and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

With Kind regards

Reviewed March 17, 2013

we found the BYD Lofts great, the only things that not so good:
No Gym :-((( for Apartments like this price selection, a must have is a Gym
The Pool is to small and its close at 8pm ???
and we get only one key for 3 people, thats verry bad !!!!
but the people are verry friendly....
The whole Padong its to expensive, so you pay European price for Thailand Standart....
I think 3 Years more and only Russian people are in Padong and the other Beaches around,
after the Russians, no other People come to Padong :-(((
In a few years, nobody went to Thailand, when Burma open and the other destinations are safe,
its the end for Thailands Tourismes.......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Alex,

Thank you for you kind review about our BYD lofts Hotel.

In regards to your comments we don't have a gym at our hotel but there are a few good ones within 10 minutes walking distance and there is a gym right opposite our BYD Lofts, it would be our pleasure to introduce you there on your next visit to Phuket.

In regards to your keycard I will discuss this with our front office manager, as there is no issue to give you only one card, I only noted that during you stay last week there was an issue with our card reader and this would probably the reason, therefore I would like to offer you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may caused, but for sure this was only a one of.

I'm delighted to read your header by calling us " ONE OF THE BEST APARTMENTS IN PATONG " and that our staff was very friendly, it will be my pleasure to share your thoughts with our whole team!

In regards to your comments about Phuket, i was just reading a report this morning that we surpassed the arrivals again with another 10% over the first 2 months of this year
One of the reasons that Thailand is getting a bit more expensive is for the reason that the Thai Baht for this moment is very strong against the Euro. Most of Asian counties
are doing very well against other parts of the world, but if you compare Phuket to Singapore then my idea is still that Thailand is still quiet cheap, you still can have a decent meal for 200 Baht - 5 Euro !
and are holidays not always more expensive ......

My idea about Burma is that it will still take another at least 10 - 15 years before they really can compete with Phuket and Thailand, there is still so much work that need to be done
their infrastructure is not that great and I see weekly guests that come from Burma or recently have been there but i not get any great impressions from them, nice to be once but .....it's still full of backpackers,
it's a nice country but not many luxury, 20 years ago Phuket was full with back packers too, but time have changed......
I only want to give my opinion from what I heart from other guests.

Indeed we have Russian here but the majority of them are more around in Pattya, and of course there are moments that during their holidays they will be with bigger numbers, but this is for all countries in the world when they have holidays, some times it's more Australian, some months there are more European, and some other months there are more American, we have a quiet good mix of travelers from around the world in Phuket.

Thank you for giving your opinion and I have read it with full attention.

Hopefully we may serve you again on your next trip to Patong, and we could have a nice chat together.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We chose the hotel since it was the best rated hotel within Patong. The fact that there was not a bath tub and the swimming pool was quite small (oh and we didn't get to have the opportunity to try out any restaurants or bars so really couldn't comment on that) were slightly disspapointing, but other than that, I quess you can say you couldn't wish for more. The staff were all so kind, and most importantly, it was c/l/e/a/n. And the interior was splendid, very high-end and chic, makes you feel like you're staying in a trendy apartment. Having breakfast at the balcony was lovely. Would be happy to stay there again. Happy traveling!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Tripadidooda,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write your very kind comments about our BYD lofts Boutique Hotel.

We have prided ourselves on the cleanliness and quality of the finished product throughout the BYD Lofts Hotel and I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience it.

I'm very pleased to read that you have enjoined your breakfast in your own privacy at your balcony and maybe we may suggest that on your next visit you should obtain for our Grand Deluxe room as they are even more specious and have Bathtubs and walk-in showers.

We look forward to serve you again in the near future

With kind regard,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is our third trip to fabulous Phuket, a real celebration this time as our daughter married there on March 10. I cannot stress enough how amazing our stay was at BYD. Located in very close proximity to the hub of Phuket but tucked away from the bustle. In fact had other wedding guests staying at other places and they were envious! Transport organised to and from airport, our greeting on arrival warm and friendly and just the little personal touches just made our stay unforgetable. Celebrated my birthday during my stay, arrived home to a bottle of champers and a personalised cake, so sweet. Alex also provided us with the use of two Mercedes to transport the bride and wedding party to the venue on the day gratis! Located ground level is a fabulous restaurant and a Wine bar where you can purchase some pretty good vino....have travelled reasonably extensively ( mostly Asia) and this place has left an indelible memory in our heart.....had other family stay there as well and they were also very happy. We cannot fault one aspect of this establishment, highly recommend to anyone you will not be disappointed. We booked the deluxe 100 sq metre apartment and just loved the space......nothing was too much trouble for staff we had a slight leak from aircon first day fixed within minutes of calling desk.....we much preferred the apartment scenario rather than a hotel room...will be telling my friends back home how superb BYD is....Thanks so much to all staff at BYD am missing you all we will definitely be back.....our score 11 out of 10! One very classy, professional place well done to all concerned you should be proud !

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay with us at BYD Lofts Hotel,

It certainly sounds like you and your wife had a most enjoyable visit especially on your special occasions as your Birthday but even more on your Daughter's wedding day , and we were more then a pleasure to provide you with our Mercedes Benzes to bring the bride and wedding party to the wedding venue !

You have highlighted what makes us most proud in the hotel, both the attention to detail and the impeccable customer service standards with our Craftsmanship of Care policy.

We are especially proud and pleased to have had the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your third visit to Phuket , and that we have now become your favorite hotel in Patong Beach - Phuket.

The team at BYD Lofts pride themselves on always going the extra mile and exceeding our guest’s expectations.

This week I will be meeting all the staff in one of our quarterly Full Team Meetings, this is an excellent opportunity to share your praise for the hotel with the team that help create the distinctive soul of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the very near future and thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and anyone .

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at BYD for 5 nights. There were a number of small things that were just not right or missed the mark, but the most disappointing thing was how defensive they were about the feedback.
1) no gym. A hotel of this supposed standard should have a gym or arrangements with a local gym. People paying top dollar are often health conscious. The response from manager was we have no space, which was rather lame.
2) Breakfast. Very average with limited selection of fruit, cereal and cheap canned juice. Choice of eggs, fry, boil or poached! Went for the exotic poached on 1st day but quickly switched to boiled after that. If breakfast was not included i would definitely not have gone back each day.
3) Papers. No daily paper provided. Noticed a paper in restaurant and checked the day, good it was today! Started reading then realised it was 3 weeks old (Mon 18th Feb, today was only11th Mar). Manager said she checked next day and paper was only 3 days old, as if i was lying!
4) concierge. Not helpful, could not even recommend a local Thai restaurant within walking distance of hotel.
5) Bottled Water. Only 2 33cl bottles provided per day. You cannot drink water in hotel so you have to go out and buy it. It's not expensive but why should i have to go out and lug back heavy water. We also stayed at Jw Marriott who provided 3 x 1.5lt per day.
6) Pool. We reported that there was green algae in pool, it was still there 2 days later.
7) Room. Was of high standard but again lack of attention to detail was evident. No ceiling fans, no corkscrew ,no kettle, no international plug sockets, no washing machine (if sold as an apartment).
My biggest disappointment was how my feedback was handled, manager was very defensive and did not want to acknowledge any of my points as being valid or noteworthy. Therefore would not expect any improvement to occur which is why i decided to do a review on TA for everybody to see.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony overlooking Haad Rd best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Rogontours

Dear, Guest,

Receiving informed feedback on any guest’s stay is vital in my role as G.M. and I wanted to express my thanks for the time you have taken to comment on your most recent stay .

I will be discussing this with our team as clearly we expect every guest conversation to be handled with enthusiasm and professionalism.

As you mentioned you submitted your comments to the hotel and we take customer feedback very seriously as comments like these enable us to continually strive for service excellence and improve our product.

I was concerned that you were unimpressed by the warmth of their hospitality. People have commented at some length about the genuine warm feeling displayed by everyone in the team, but obviously this did not happen when you were with us.

In regards to the newspaper, every guest that stay with us get a daily newspaper delivered to their room and this newspaper is from the same day, magazines in our restaurant we leave them for a longer period.

In regards to the washing machine the reason that we don't have them in our rooms is because there are laundry shop on every corner of the street and they charge 50 Baht per kilo washing and ironing, as this is so cheap we don't feel the need to have then in our rooms, and most of our guest are on holiday.

I was pleased to read that you felt that our rooms were high standard, however, I offer my sincere apologies that you didn’t have a perfect stay.

In closing I wanted to thank you for your comments and offer you once more our sincere apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that they help me and my team.

The overwhelming response from our guests is that we have a product, and the service to accompany, that puts us among the very best hotels in Phuket , I am only sorry that you did not leave with that impression.

I do hope you have the opportunity to return to the BYD Lofts in the near future and experience a faultless stay.

With kind Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I first came across this hotel on Trip Advisor, I was surprised by the uniform excellent reviews. Even more surprising was that I had never heard of this hotel before,
Luckily, I decided to try it out anyway and now understand why everyone raves about this place -- and so do I. The service is absolute first class -- from the moment your arrives here the staff greet you, and whisk your luggage into the lobby. while a friendly professional staff member comes to greet with a nice refreshing juice and cold towels.
We got the Deluxe Suite (most basic room offered) which was spectacular. The website photographs simply do not do the rooms justice. The level of detail and wonderful furnishings from the bathroom to the large fridge and microwave are absolutely exquisite. Someone took a lot of time and attention to detail to get this room right; This room feels like it was designed by people who really care about your comfort and ease of use and know how to do it.
The roof top swimming pool was great and not overcrowded, as was the buffet breakfast all of which we inspected but unfortunately did not have the time to partake in. Our only mistake was in choosing this hotel for a quick overnight stay on our way to Pipi Island . This place deserves a minimum 3 nite stay if not a 3 week stay. Absolute best of all: under $150 a nite for a level of luxury worth double that. If you've ever wondered what life is like staying at a world class 5 Star Luxury hotel, but felt that you could never afford it, I can tell, you I find the place and would recommend the BYD Lofts to all and anyone !
Keep up the great service and no doubt if I come back to Phuket " This will be my place to lay my head down "

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Tumaris,

Thank you for your recent impressive review of our hotel. We are honored to be considered among the best ones, especially from an experienced traveler such as yourself.

We strive to provide the attention to service that you spoke about, and believe that this is largely what sets us apart from all other hotels, i'm very pleased to share your amazing comments with all our team members.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

We were more than pleased to be at your service and are proud to have enjoyed your company.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in BYD Loft last November 2012 for 16 nights. The rooms are very spacious... we are delighted about the nice and big rooms. All rooms, the bathroom and also the balcony are tastefully furnished. The housekeeping has fulfilled all our dreams. We appreciate especially their support. For example the housekeeping service has cleaned the kitchen after a dinner (all dishes!).
Coffee machines Italian style are available in the apartment. That was for us incredible to take our first coffee in the morning on the balcony. The kitchen is very well equipped with all what you need to cook...
The restaurant in the BYD Building is extremely good, thai food as well as western food with reasonable prices and very good wines. For wine lover you can find next to the restaurant a wine shop with excellent wines from different countries with prices that you can afford.
The staffs are very kind and intelligent especially "Pom" (Thai Name from the Executive Manager Restaurant) who truly understands customers service.
On the rooftop you can find a nice pool with a great view. The location is very central, close to the beach ( a five minutes walk), but very quiet. Everywhere in the BYD buildings WI-FI fast access ...
We loved our long stay in BYD Loft and it was surely not our last.
Thanks a lot for this wonderful period of time in Thailand!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Nata,

Thank you for your kind comments which were warmly received,
and I will of course share with my team. We are delighted to read your words about our staff being very kind especially " Pom " our hotel Manager, and he will always go that few miles further for all our guests, it will be his pleasure to do so.

We appreciate your comments regarding that you found our food and service standards extremely good and with reasonable prices.

Our wine shop on the ground floor has indeed a wide range of new world and old world wines with prices starting from around 390 THB a bottle and is probably therefore very popular, as wines in Thailand can be very expensive.

We look forward to extending a warm welcome again very soon.

Alex Bressers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Navatara Phuket Resort
Patong Mansion Hotel
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 329 in Patong

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!