“Maybe the best apartment hotel”

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Venice
“Maybe the best apartment hotel”
Reviewed February 19, 2008

The Byd Lofts was a brilliant surprise, it is even more beautiful then you see it on the photos. It is super high class accommodation and everybody who will stay here will be delighted for sure. The apartment is totaly hi-tech designed. It is very spacious and extremley beautiful, we were sad when we had to leave. On the roof there is an elegant swimming pool. Also, the Jean-Pierre restaurant is something special, the food and the ambience, as well. Only, the area around the hotel is not nice, because they were building a houses. And on the reception some of the stuff was not really professional, and they wanted us to pay something what we didn't have, as they changed us with another room. A beach is withing 5 min walking as are the shops and restaurants. The Byd Lofts was a very special experience and I would recommend it to everyone, specially to businessmen and couples.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — The problems with check out
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sabinasta08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor; I always do before I travel. I selected this Hotel/Apartment because I liked the space and the minimalist style. I can’t stand the over done, colorful carpets and window furnishings so many Hotels have these days. When I come across these places I always get the feeling I am paying for their bad taste. I like white, modern, spacious rooms and this is what BYD Lofts is about. I found the best rate for this place on the web and stayed 5 nights in December 2007. The first things you’ll notice, others reviewers have mention this, is they aren’t Lofts. Someone should tell them this but I’m sure they already have. I noticed the rack rate for the 1 bedroom apartment I stayed in is THB 17,000.(US $560) I’m not sure where they get their valuations from but that valuation is just plain stupid. No one in their right mind would pay more than US$150 to stay in Patong Beach Thailand. Patong is a nice place to visit for a few days but it is just full of massage parlors and bars. The whole place is about sex and booze ;-) seriously. BYD Lofts is a 15 minute walk from the beach on the Northern end of Patong Beach and there are many, many other places that offer better value for less. There is a lot of development around BYD and while the noise is minimal every time I walked out onto the street I couldn’t help notice that all the new competition they are about to get from the new Hotels and Apartments will shock them into reality. They will need to step up in all areas if they want to stand out because right now, they are bearly 2 star with their service.

The restaurant service was slow, the 8 or so times I was there and the housekeeping was terrible. I had to call reception on a number of occasions as housekeeping had forgotten to replace things or they had simply forgotten to vacuum the mat under the coffee table. They left things like pens in the bathroom and lids off coffee containers. While these might seem like small issues, and they are, they all add to the overall experience and for THB5,000 per night, I expected much, much, more. Overall the apartment was clean and comfortable. I do like the space, the rooms are big but that’s where it ends. There are much better places in Patong to stay.

If you read my other reviews you will see I don’t mind paying money for good rooms but I am all about value. I think most people are.

I spoke with the Manager about a late checkout and was told Noon checkout was free then up to 7pm was THB2,500 (half the rate) and after 7pm the full rate of THB5,000 was to be paid. My flight was at midnight and decided to stay until 7, check out and have dinner in their restaurant and kill some time before the flight. When I checked out at 7pm I was charged the full days rate of THB5,000, when I questioned this the women phoned the Manager and was told that the full rate was correct. I made her call the Manager back and spoke to the Manager who lied to me about what she said. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing as I was very clear about what she said initially and had planned my whole day around it. I won’t be staying there again. There weren’t many people staying there and I now know why. There are some beautiful places in this area to stay for much better value, best to shop around and give BYD Lofts a miss. Enjoy Thailand.

• Liked — The room size
  • Disliked — Bad service
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
13 Thank kristian_page
Shanghai, China
Reviewed November 30, 2007

We stayed at BYD for a few nights and it did not disappoint. Patong itself is the underbelly of Phuket - and after a mad day on the beach, it was nice to come "home" to BYD. The apartment has it's own kitchen (oven, hob, sink, fridge etc), separate lounge area with flat screen tv, sofa, chaise long, chair, separate bedroom and bathroom. Contemporary style with fresh and airy feel which we liked. Large balcony with table and 4 chairs. We had direct access to the small pool on the 4th floor which was great! Breakfast was included in the price - and included the usual cereal, yoghurt, breads, fruit - and you could also order a full english/asian breakfast too at no exra cost. Cleaning of room was a bit erratic throughout the stay, but nevermind. We saw the owner on a few occasions, but he didn't seem interested in mingling with the common guests even though my husband tried to converse with him. Overall, a pleasant stay - for a good hotel rate - but Patong is just the worst place and would never recommend for families with kiddies....

• Liked — Spacious apartment in contemporary design
  • Disliked — The owner
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Chinagirl
San Francisco
Reviewed October 26, 2007

I spent a week in August during the monsoon season at a brand new hotel named BYD Lofts. They are not lofts perse but grand, stylish, uber contemporary apartments on a quiet street. After a day at the beach and shopping in the heat and rain, it was a welcome site to walk into a calm and cool environment. I was immediately soothed by the minimalist decor and the comfort of my apartment. The well equipped kitchen, plasma tv, gorgeous bathroom and high tech lighting all created a refuge where I could recharge. When it poured, I just went downstairs to JeanPierre's, an open air restaurant on the property. The food was excellent and a cooling breeze wafted through the dining are. The staff are friendly and helpful, and there is also a spa that I didn't try out on the lobby level. I can't wait to return when the weather is better!

3 Thank Bucatini
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2007

We stayed at this property whilst they were having a "Soft Opening" (as they like to call it in Asia). Not too sure if I approve of this marketing approach. BUT in saying that we were blown away by the apartments. Each apartment seems to be configured differently, our friends had a different one to us. Wow, plasma television, great kitchens, wonderful bed linen and fluffy white towels. Nice balconies, they appear to have thought of everything, even down to the condoms in the mini bar.

The staff (especially the restaurant staff) are well trained and eager to take care of your needs. Breakfast was enjoyable and the restaurant is well designed as well as decorated.

Its a must.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
8 Thank Rosli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Nap Patong
#6 of 322 in Patong
Navatara Phuket Resort
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!