“The only place to stay...”

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Orange County, CA
“The only place to stay...”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Reading the many reviews, what can I really say. My friend and I rented a two bedroom suite...couple of crazy guys from California...not many of our kind that far away for sure. We were on a four country asian tour so stopping in Thailand was a must see. Depending on what you are there four, 5 days seemed like plenty...not sure we could have survived much more.

Everything at BYD was modern, clean, Mini bar prices are very reasonable, staff was great, bar and resturant are great. I got to sit and talk with one of the owners Hans a few mornings after some long nights, great guy and knows how to run an operation. As others have said, this really is an ideal location in that the beach is to the left and the crowded bars to the right. This puts you in a nice quiet location that is kept clean and free of distractions. If you have not been to Phuket, this is the place to stay so you can relax from all the action. I really liked a cute girl named Amy in the bar...great smile and On at the front desk...but really, everyone was as cool as could be and always nice and polite. Chi is the hotel driver and this guy took us all over the place at very reasonable prices...always there, good guy, and helped make it a good trip.

Writing about Phuket is a whole other blog for sure. Interesting place to party, hit the beach, and more women than you could ever imagine...could not imagine high season! We went and watched some Thai boxing and also went a place called Fantasea...I would say the Fantasea show is a must, book the VIP dinner and get there a little earlier than they say as this is like a small theme park. Nice show with magic and animals...you will not believe how big the place is.

If you go, BYD is an excellent choice and you won't be disappointed. Thanks again to Hans for being a cool guy to talk with every morning and his great staff.

2 Thank travelerOrangeCounty
, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write an amazing review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

This is so much apprecaited by the staff and i and it is great to know that you thought of our BYD Lofts as 'modern, clean, that our staff was great, and also that our bar and restaurant is great place'.
it was nice of you to personally mention our management, Hans and a few of the staff, like Amy and others, it's a great to read that you complimenting us on running such a great operation ! and we all do this with a great pleasure
for our guests as guests satisfaction is our nr. 1 goal ! thank you very much for this and for your appreciation, this makes us to go that extra mile further.

Thank You for recommending us and suggesting that no-one will be disappointed.

Thanks for being great guests, it was a pleasure having you stay and we hope to see you again in the not to far distance again.

Alex Bressers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed with a mate at BYD Lofts late June 2012. I have to say that these serviced apartments really exceeded my expectations. The rooms are clean, the pool is a little oasis on the roof, the food is great and most of all the bill was not too high.

BYD were very accommodating setting up a second bed in the apartment for my mate for an additional fee. The walk to the beach is not too far (also near the Gay/Lesbian beach) and there are some excellent places to eat nearby too.

If you are looking for a clean & tidy apartment in the hustle of Patong but far enough away not to be noisy you cannot get better than BYD.

Apartments are so much better than big hotel chains and BYD really proves this correct.

I normally stay at another great serviced apartment in Kamala although I now believe BYD is the place for me in Phuket.

A big thank-you to the staff at BYD, thank-you for making our stay so easy and enjoyable.

Cheers

Room Tip: We only saw our room but believe all rooms in all blocks would be just as nice and clean.
1 Thank Matthew D
Dear Matthew, Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

All of your wonderful comments is so much appreciated by the staff and I and it is great to know that we exceeded your expectations also. i am happy to see you thought of our rooms as clean and the food great and inexpensive for what you get. It was all no problem that we could help you and your friend out with a spare bed.

I'm very happy to read your comments that our hotel serviced apartments being so much better then big hotels chains and that the BYD Lofts really proves this !

I am pleased to see that BYD is now the only place for you in Phuket and it was our pleasure making your stay an easy and enjoyable one.

Thank You for being a great guest and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2012

BYD Lofts was the perfect place to stay! The staff were incredibly helpful and friendy, and the room was spacious and impeccably clean. It is located in patong town a 2 minute walk from the beach and right next to shopping and a ton of food options. The hotel restaurant was amazing and inexpensive, though its western fare is a bit pricier. The suite we stayed in had thick curtains that blocked light and most of the noise, and the showers were great. Not to mention is is a bargain! I had one of the best travel experiences here and it was also one of the cheapest. I cannot emphasize enough how great the service was! They helped me with everything - lent me a converter, held my bags 8 hours after I checked out (and they let me check out late), gave directions, extra towels, etc. Stay there if you get the chance!

Room Tip: My mom and I got the smallest suite they offer and it was HUGE - plenty of space to relax. There was...
1 Thank rachelelizabeth24
Dear Guest,

This is much appreciated by the staff and I. i am very happy to see that you thought of our BYD as the perfect place to stay and that you thought our staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. i am also pleased to read that you thought our room was spacious and very clean and that you thought the room you received was a bargain. We aim to satisfy all off our customers and also by your review it shows once again we are doing our job properly and it's such a great pleasure for all of us to do so when we have great guests like yourself saying that you had one of the best travel experiences and that you cannot emphasize how great the service was.

Thanks for your recommendations and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in may 2012 and would have been quiet happy to move in permanently. Im not a fan of Phuket but should you find yourself here then this is a great place to stay. We paid roughly $110 per night inc. breakfast for 2 people in the smallest apartment. However we were upgraded to a larger apartment which was extremely modern and like the best ever inner city apartment you could dream of. Very clean and very vogue. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was just fantastic and very few 5 star restaurants offer such great meals.
The hotel is about 2 blocks back from the water so if you want beach views then this probably isnt the place for you. There is a great night market in the alley/street behind BYD which has some great cheap eats and Patong shopping centre and all the attractions are only a 15 minute walk.
Great hotel/apartments.

Room Tip: I think any of the apartments regardless of size are that well set out that they are all perfect!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy and makes me very satisfied to read that in your short break you loved it so much that you could have moved in permanently.

It was our pleasure being able to upgrade you and i am happy that you were pleased with our city like apartments and our decor, " one that you could dream of " and that you thought it was very clean and very vogue . i am also very pleased to hear that our staff were really helpful and that our restaurant offers such a great meals as a very few 5 star.

Thank You for your lovely comments and for being our guest.

We hope to welcome you again in the very near future.

Singapore
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a get away trip with my daughter who will soon grow up and vacation with her friends. It was a great vacation! One to remember with bike rides, para sailing, snorkeling, island hopping, great food, shopping, etc.

BYD lofts is a great place to relax and right location for excitement in Patong beach, largest and most happening beach. It is in a quite road to avoid all the noise but still in a central location, only 5 minutes from the beach for para sailing, 15 minutes from the busy streets night life and 20 minutes from the walk till you drop malls (Ya, Patong has a Robinson mall but really a lot of interesting small shops).

I think the best things about BYD lofts are the little things they do. We got an upgrade to Deluxe, thanks Alex! A welcome drink and note with your name on it. A full kitchen with cooking utilities and plates. We cooked breakfast and the house keepers were kind enough to clean up :) OK on most vacation you don't want to cook, but it is nice to have the facilities in the room. We watched DVD on a nice TV in comfortable chairs after 2 days of snorkeling and listened to our iPod music to sleep. The tub was relaxing with a big shower if needed. Nice aroma oil is available, remote lighting for different mood and contemporary paintings everywhere.

On our last day, we took the mercedes to the airport, leaving Phuket in style. Thanks for a great trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gan88
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor! This is very much appreciated by the staff and i.

I am very pleased to read that you and your daughter had a great vacation with us and it will be one that you will remember for your entire life and i am glad to know that we could be a part of your memories.

I am also happy to read that you could relax with us and you loved the area of Patong Beach.

Thank You for being great guests and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Greeted and welcome by Milo(driver) and he drives us to hotel in a luxury new Mercedes S class. Check in was fast and efficient. Escorted by Nate and she explained all in room facilities in details. Room was spacious and clean. With the rate that you paying, you won't be able to get this type of room elsewhere. Trust me. the manager Harry and all the staffs were very attentive and always smile whenever they see us, jokes and provide us good tips about Patong. Food In the hotel was delicious and cheap. Room service was fast and we always dine in as there's to much selection. Distance to beach is about 5 minutes away and it took you 15 to 20 minutes to jungceylon shopping mall and famous night life Bangla road. Be careful if you wanna go for shopping as there's lots of people marked up the prices as they knew you were not locals. Go look for Jinda shop at thaweewong road or you may check on cathyandgarystravelpages.com for shopping guide. If you want to purchase souvenirs, I suggest you try to shop at jungceyloon mall basement instead. We went for few tours, recommended by hotel staffs and it really worth it, cheap and safe.. Upon check in the reception will provide you with a discount coupon which you can use for in room dining and tours. If you decidEd not to dine in the hotel, there's street stall nearby just around the corner which is cheap and clean. (try stall no 8 and friendly seafood). massage servicealso available nearby the hotel. Wished that our vacation will no end so soon as we love the place and the people so much, we definitely will choose BYD again as our preferred accommodation if we travel to Phuket. Thanks for the great memories (Harry, Milo, Nate and kek) love and miss you guys so much!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Pr3DaToR
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoined your airport transfer on your arrival by our brand new Mercedes Benz - CLS Class !

I am very satisfied to read wonderful comments from wonderful guests like yourself , that our check-in was fast and efficient and it makes me know that our staff and i am doing my job right by just going just the few miles further for our guests.
I am very happy to know that all my staff from our driver, to receptionist Nate and our restaurant manger Harry were very attentive and friendly
and that you thought our hotel food was delicious and inexpensive.

i am also pleased that you enjoyed the shopping and facilities near by. It is very lovely to see that you did not want your vacation to end as you loved the people and place so much!

Thank You for recommending us and it is great to know that you will choose us here at BYD again as your preferred accommodation in Phuket.

Hope to see you back soon.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I mulled over trip advisor and the various phuket hotels for weeks, upon stumbling on the BYD lofts i thought "great! this looks like the perfect styled boutique hotel i've been looking for."

I wish i could say that whole heartedly.

I'll give merit to the hotel, from a far and up close (from the outside), it's a nice looking hotel, it has a modern, city styled design that stands out from the rest of the street. The location isn't bad, nestled away in a side street you don't get the encroaching hasslers trying to sell you their wares or over charge you on a tuk tuk ride. It's all within walking distance from the popular streets and night markets that don the avenues of phuket, so not to labouring after a long day.

Admittedly, i was expecting better and was a little dissapointed.

We arrived to a warm welcome and an upgrade, i was happy to see such attentitive staff initially, but that was the bulk of it, comparatively, their new head chef was geniunely nicer and more receptitive to our needs then the management and staff (he really is a nice person and deserves the credit, also the restaruant staff also deserve a warm mention too).

The receptionist/ front desk weren't too great or helpful, one of the thai managers seemed geniune, but otherwise, the rest were quite plain.

A moment that did bother me was when we were leaving, whilst fixing up the breakfast bill my partner had to drag our bags to the waiting taxi outside.
A group of staff, including the morning manager watched her, none offered to help, nor offered the notion of assistance, i'm sure that could of been a one off, however, that geniunely pissed me off and i felt it quite rude and unprofessional for such a "hotel."

The room itself was average, i mean that geniunely, the size is impressive, however, the quality is wanning, the tiled floors weren't stuck down properly and would creak and clack as you walked over them.
The walls were showing their age with cracks, and the mirrors which adone the bathroom seemed intrusive.
There's not much solace in going to the toilet and having a full sized reflection of yourself staring back at you, it's quite disturbing.
Another gripe i had was dirty sheets, after a couple of nights, both my partner and i came up with small, red bite marks. I had the sheets changed afterwards, but still, it didn't bring much comfort in the cleaning staff.

The other issue that did occur was a power outage. Out of control by the hotel, however, it could of been handled better, there was no consolation except a shower in one of their rooms across the street, after a long day out, it seemed like a poor response, considering the hotel knew in advance of what was to occur.

Overall, it was an average stay. You may read other reviews suggesting it's a grand place and granted those people have their merits in saying so.
Unfortunately i'm not one of those people, if you take these reviews seriously, consider reading the bad ones first, people don't make slanderous comments on a whim, even if it seems over-the-top, their reviews will have a grounding somewhere, and if this place is everything people say it is, then they'd be no bad ones.

Room Tip: Choose a basic room, they're better, after having a shower in one, we realised the upgrade atcua...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review for our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate all of your comments and i am happy for both great comments and critical comments as these make us strive to improve our customer satisfaction. Here at BYD we strive on giving 100% effort to make all our guests feel completely satisfied so that they feel home in our BYD Lofts and I would like to make our sincere apologies if you feel that your stay was average.

However our BYD Lofts has earned their top ranking on Tripadvisor and has been there for quite a while and the vast majority of our reviews are all excellent, maybe it wasn't complete your personal taste that did not like our fully equipped, modern rooms.

As for our staff, we hire the most friendly and professional staff and they are efficient at all times, so i do want to apologise that the ladies on reception did not carry your bags to your car and will discuss this with them ! perhaps they were checking in or out other guests. I am positive they would have helped you when they were available. I also would like to offer my sincerely apologies that the electric was off for a part of the day, but this was completely behind our control as Patong Municipal was upgrading their electricity network and we handle these situations to the best of our abilities.

Feel free to get in contact to discuss any matters further and we really hope to see you back to BYD so we can show you that we are always want to go that few miles further for our Guests !

Alex Bressers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Chava Resort
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!