2,193 results
All reviewswine shoppatong beachfull kitchenquiet streetliving roomone bedroom apartmentgrand deluxemain buildingcoffee machinehome away from homerooftop poolbangla roadlarge balconyairport transfervisit phuketfantastic stayminute walk to the beach
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was my second visit to BYD lofts and although its been 5yrs, absolutely nothing had deminished in service or quality of room. I stayed in a single bedroom unit (suitable for 2 adults) and it wanted for nothing. I'm a coffee lover and knew their kitchens were equiped with Nespresso machines (same as home), So I travelled with my own coffee flavour and had my fix everyday. Its the little things that make the difference from a good time to a great memory and one that will make me return again. A big thanks to all the staff as there were no outstanding ones, just everyone. From the pool man to the manager who personally returned a computor memory stick to me (that I carelessly left in the room) whilst I awaited my hire car return trip to the airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors quieter but really there is little noise as BYD is in a quiet location.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor. This is much appreciated by the staff and I.

I am very happy to read that as a returning guest you have thought that we still have kept up the standards of service and quality in BYD. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our new coffee machines for your coffee fix everyday. i as a keen coffee drinker knows what this means. Also it was no trouble at all to get you memory stick to you as we strive to do our best to 100% satisfy and help our guests in any way we can.

We hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm a avid traveler and quiet picky but being now for the 3rd time back to the BYD Lofts and as ever we are never dissapointed.
Its the perfect spot to sit back and unwind, very clean rooms, full kitchens, beautiful bathrooms and a nice swimming pool on the roof top.

The owners Hans & Alex cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble. It really is without doubt a jewel in Patong Beach and just within 5 minutes walking distance to the Famous Patong Beach. Keep up the good work Hans & Alex and all the staff, cant wait to come back soon ! and I really want to recommend the BYD Lofts to all and every one !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor!

This is very much appreciated by Hans and I.

I am very happy to read that as a third time returning guest we still can keep on satisfying you and that we never disappoint you.

I am pleased to read that you can easily sit back and unwind in our beautiful apartments. It is lovely of you to personally mention the owners and we do everything in our power to 100% satisfy each of our valued guests.

We look forward to greeting you back soon to BYD Lofts again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was the first stop of three hotels in Phuket. Arrived late Sunday night & checked out the following Friday. We had arranged to be picked up in a Mercedes from the airport, Milo (hotel driver) was waiting when we went through customs. The rooms are very modern and clean, although the bed may have been a tad too hard(no complaints here though) loved the half price cocktails @ 10pm chatting to the bar staff.
Breakfast after 5 days became repetitive.
The pool was nice to relax and read a book while taking in the rays as i didn't enjoy Patong Beach.
The location is just off a busy road, close to ATM's & about 15 mins walk to Jungceylon which is a major food & shopping centre.
This is value for money and staff are very friendly.
BYD Lofts is no 5 star hotel nor does it pretend to be. For Patong Beach, a hotel of this quality would be rare.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jpo123
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are happy to hear that you thought of our BYD as modern and very clean and that here at BYD Lofts we are value for money. i am also pleased that you enjoyed the cocktails with our friendly staff. It is also pleasing to read that in your opinion for Patong Beach, a hotel of our quality is rare.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being our guest.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had very high expectations from all the reviews i had read before coming to B.Y.D Lofts.And i was not disappointed, very fast check in and smiles all round. I had booked the 100sm apartment and it was everything i had hoped for, very modern and very clean.The prices of the restaurants were very reasonable, only ate there twice because there are so many good places near. This is my 4th trip to Phuket and i will be back to B.Y.D. Thank you for a grate holiday. See you next time.

Room Tip: Cant go wrong with the 100sm apartment....
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank trevor c

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our BYD Lofts.

It is excellent to know that we lived up to your expectations and that you were not disappointed! and i am very pleased to read that our 100sqm apartment that you stayed in was everything that you hoped for - modern and clean.

i hope to see you back at BYD Lofts in the near future.

Thank You for being a great guest.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

After an 11 hour + journey from London to Phuket airport my friend and I were relieved that transfer taxi we had booked through BYD Lofts Hotel would be picking us up. However, we were upset to find no such taxi waiting for us. A kind man from another taxi firm allowed us to borrow his phone to contact BYD. My friend who had paid the deposit on her credit card and had seen this on her credit card statement was told by the "manager" Alex that our booking was cancelled because her payment failed. We were advised that they had other available rooms in the hotel would could check into.

After a 30min journey at night from the airport to BYD we were met by Alex. He told us that these credit card deposits fail on a daily basis and that it is quite common. He then produced an "email thread" supposedly to my friend's email address where she had previously received the hotel booking confirmation to. The email thread showed 2 emails where he had contacted my friend to advise the payment was unsuccessful. These emails were NOT received. We believe this to be fake, a ploy to offer us the "only" available room which happened to be one of the most expensive suites in BYD. As 2 young girls on our first trip to Thailand and extremely tired after a long journey, we accepted the room after some discussion about price.

The Wi-fi in the hotel also does not work. We experienced a whole day without running water or electricity due to a power failure. You can understand the numerous health and safety breaches this incurred. After a day on the beach, we were offered a shower in another BYD room over the road. In one of the rooms we orginally had expected to stay in at a significantly cheaper rate. We did not want to do this due to hassle involved and on principal that we had paid for a more expensive room.

I must say, the staff in the hotel are kind and polite and the room was clean. However, I would NEVER stay here again and would definitely NOT recommend it to my friends and family who are thinking of staying on Phuket. Save your money and avoid being conned by staying else where.

I am most disappointed and frustrated with the "manager" Alex. I asked him when we arrived if he was the owner of BYD, he replied that he was the manager. However after speaking with another manager 2 days later at BYD he confirmed that Alex is in fact the owner.

To sum up, we are left feeling extremely ripped off and lied to. Absolutely ruining the start of our holiday.

Room Tip: Avoid completely.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
21  Thank Rebecca W
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Guests,

First of all I would like to keep my management response on your review in a professional manor.
Sometimes it is very hard to please some guest., with all the good intentions and commitments that we have as a hotelier to our guests.

( as you can read in 95% of the reviews that we get from our clients are raving about our BYD Lofts ) but sometimes ( as hard as it is as very committed hotelier) we have to accept that we can’t please them all, and still it’s our first intention and priority to do so.

luckily we have another 20.000 guest each year that are very happy, satisfied and well pleased for what we and our staff are doing for them and going that few miles further for those that respect and enjoy our service at the BYD lofts.

As you mentioned by yourself in your review we have send you 3 mails because by making your booking you credit card for the deposit of 10 % was declined and after we have send you 3 mails in regards of this on which e-mails we never get any reply from you.

Finally we have send you a last polite email that we will release the room as we never get any reply on any of our mails.
Sometimes it happens that a guest not want to continue with there booking and therefore not send any reply.

You say that you never received our e-mails so lets say that they disappeared some were in the “ grey circuit of the internet “ I would like to copy and paste this e-mails but my response would be to long and maybe boring for other guest to read.

You promised me to show your statement that we had taken your deposit
which you finally never wanted or couldn’t show me, and you only came up with all kind of excuses for this why you couldn’t show your credit card statement, if there was any credit card as you pay your bills only in cash.

I’m a little bit disappointed that you don’t mention any thing in your review that we have reimbursed you the balance in full for your original booking which booking again never was confirmed.
We also have offered you a free dinner at you last night to show you our good intention and commitment that we have to our guests, but also here it’s a little bit sad that you don’t mention any thing about this in your review and that you spend 4,580 baht on this dinner.
So finally you had 2 upgrades to a Grand Deluxe suite room for the 3 nights and after having a dinner where you spend another 4,580 Baht, so all together for your 3 nights stay cost you 1.873 Baht per night.

I’m very sorry to say this but I’m asking myself who are the really CON persons here.
Once again sorry that we couldn’t please you and our sincere apologizes for this.

BYD Management