“Perfect place to spend your holiday in Patong Beach”

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 321 Hotels in Patong
San Luis Obispo, California
“Perfect place to spend your holiday in Patong Beach”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I would like to start off by saying I was on a two week holiday. I have traveled a lot but  never been to an Asian country.

From the moment I stepped  in the front lobby at the BYD Lofts, I was greeted with lots of smiles. All of the staff were very well dressed and manicured. I could tell they were trained well. When I made the reservation,  and reviewed the photos of the hotel on their website, I wasn't expecting to get what I saw. I was wrong, the rooms are very beautiful and clean. A lot of thought went into the layout as it all flowed very well.

From the quality furnishings to the comfortable bed and the air conditioning was fantastic. I felt pampered.

You learn a lot about a hotel when you talk with the staff. Every person I talked to loved their job and said they were taken care of. They treated me with respect, and I thus treated them back equally. Anywhere you go and see a staff member, they are always busy, and that I probably why the hotel is so well maintained.

I also had the pleasure of talking with Hans (the owner) and he seems to be a success story in himself, and successful business creates a pleasant environment.

The location was perfect, in a quiet neighborhood, 5 minutes walk to the beach or downtown.

I have nothing bad to say about my stay and I highly recommend BYD Lofts.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write such an excellent review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

it is very satisfying to read that you highly recommend our BYD Lofts and that you have nothing bad to say about our establishment. It is also great to read that you thought of our rooms as exactly as we show on our website.

We hope to have you back as a guest again soon.

Alex Bressers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The place has gorgous rooms, a wine bar, a fine restaurant -- but the staff are cheeky and rude. The rooms were a good value for what we paid, but the concierge spoke poor English and were not very helpful to us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Monica16_12
, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

i am happy to read that you thought of BYD as a gorgeous, but there must of been a misunderstanding as we employ the most efficient and friendly staff as all of our reviews reflect. i am sorry that you thought of them as rude but we have not had a problem with this before.

Sincere apologies

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2012

First time in Phuket and we couldn't believe our luck to come across BYD Lofts!! Fantastic service, immaculate apartments and never ending smiles from all the staff made our experience at Patong, Phuket unforgettable! I guess the only 'minus' and that's of course, if it can be called minus are couple extra kilos gained from delicious food made by professional European chef in BYD Lofts Restaurant downstairs. What we miss the most is that extra mile always provided to make our experience at BYD Lofts the Best ever! We are extremely proud and confident to say - not 4 to 5 or 5 service but DIAMOND Service!! It doesn't get better than this!! Rest assured, we will be coming back to Phuket for many more times but one thing we know for sure - it will always start with BYD Lofts!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adnan B
Dear Adnan, Thank You for taking the time to write such a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

i am very happy to see that you thought of yourselves as very lucky to stumble across our BYD and that our staff has made your experience and unforgettable one. it is very staisfying to know that you think of our service as a 'Diamond' service and that you will be returning. Thank You for the great comments.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed with our family in two rooms for 3-4 weeks in Grand Deluxe Apartment with Pool Access and Deluxe Apartment. We hardly stayed in our deluxe apartment, because the grand deluxe with pool access was more convenient and bigger!
Service was excellent, as well as the facilities. Very helpful and nice staff. Great experience.
Especially liked the pool on the top floor.
Restaurant on the first floor looked nice but the food was bit overpriced for the quality: very mild.
Definitely good place to stay.

Room Tip: Quiet street. Rooftop pool. Close to main street - 10-15 min walk. Close to beach - 5-10 min walk...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Smiths0n
Dear Guest,

i am happy to read that you and your family had an enjoyable experience and that you loved our service, staff and facilities, and that your stay with us was a great experience !

I am happy that you think of us as a good place to stay and i hope to see you back in the near future.

Doha
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed here twice for a total of 6 nights in the last two weeks. Great spacious rooms with nice bathrooms, good very comfortable big beds, nice lounge with large leather modular sofas, decent kitchen and large balcony.

Small but more than adequate roof top pool, friendly and accommodating staff. I was here on business so needed a bit of extra space to get some work done. I will certainly be staying here again next time I visit this part of the world, business of leisure. The rooms are contemporary in a light and airy environment with very good A/C that keeps them nice and cool.

There had been a mistake in the booking (all my fault, and had been booked through a third party web site), and I turned up after the booking date as I had got he dates wrong, as I had been there the previous week, the manager amended the booking and there was no charge which was very good of them as the two nights booking had already passed and I had not shown up as I had got my dates wrong.

I should have rightfully, and would have been willing to pay again for my stay. Thanks for that Alex.

All in all a very good place to stay if you want 100m sq of good quality space for the price of a normal decent quality hotel room. Both rooms were also nice and quiet.

Thanks to all the staff at BYD. I will defiantly be back.

Room Tip: In two visits I had two slightly different rooms, they were almost identical the fourth floor room h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was no problem at all to help with your booking situation as we like to keep all our customers 100% satisfied and happy.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and that you think we are a great place to stay.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The room was great, the service not so good.
Don't get me wrong, they cared about their visitors but they just didn't provide quality 4 or 5 star service. It was more like 2-3 star.

Eg. They give you a discount booklet that you can use on various things such as 20% off breakfast, 10% off tours etc.

I booked a tour and had not paid yet until the end of my stay which is what they suggested. What they forgot to suggest was that I had a 10% voucher for the tour I booked (they should know this), they should have applied the discount or at least ask me for the voucher.
Anyway at the end of my stay I tried to use the voucher and they wouldn't allow it, saying the invoice has been through to accounting department already.

This left me with a poor taste in BYD only because i had to pay an extra 590 baht than I needed to.
Yes I will remember to use my voucher at the time of booking but usually if you charge things to the room you haven't physically handed the money over yet and to me, discounts should be applicable right to the end. If they do not accept it, they should say so at time of booking to avoid any mishaps such as this.

I am an accountant myself and I've never met an accountant who could not adjust invoices. Seems like they just didn't want to take the extra step whether it is at the beginning at time of booking or end where they can apply the discount.

Another thing about service, the cleaners did not replace our orange towels? They were on the floor and never to be seen again for the rest of our stay.

The room service for breakfast was incorrectly fulfilled on 3 occasions even though on 2 occasions it was written down on the card they provided!! Now they can't read or just forgetful.

If they polished their service BYD has the potential to be 5 star, but right now I feel they have let me down.

The food at the bistro was fantastic, the lasagne, pizza were my favorites. Very home style lasagna.

Overall everybody was nice and friendly.

One last thing about the room design, here is another suggestion.
Please do not put the huge bamboo plant on the living room coffee table. It blocked 80% of viewing to the 50inch tv!
It was too big to move and made of mirror glass so not a good idea for a visitor to move it.
The bedside table is badly positioned! It is blocking the opening of the wardrobe which needs to be open for the inner drawers to be pulled out, this is not possible because the wardrobe door cannot be opened fully with the bedside table there. Not just this but for those who aren't careful and just open it as they do, it could easily break the bedside table or mirror on the door as they collide.

Thank you for a successful holiday, despite all of the above.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Tohey
Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for some of the mishaps you may have occured with discounts and that certain aspects of our design did not suit you. However i am pleased that despite this you had a successful holiday.

Thanks for being our guest here at BYD Lofts.

Kind Regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My girl friends and I had been planning for our girls trip and I was in charge of arranging for our accomodation and transportation. Not only we received discount for the room but as soon as we got to BYD Lofts, we were upgraded from 120 sqm Penthouse to 160 sqm Penthouse. I got so much compliments from my girl friends for making a very good choice. And the moment we posted pictures on Facebook, a lot of my friends and girl friends' friends asked and complimented about the room we stayed in.

The reservation was smooth, the location was excellent, the staff were all helpful and smiling, and the room was superb. I will definitely recommend this place to all of my friends who are planning to visit Phuket. And will definitely book myself in the same place if I ever go to Phuket again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rohdora, Thank You for taking the time to write a great review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you and your friends had a smooth arrival and thought our service and rooms were superb and that you will definitely recommend us to all your friends.
and great to hear that you've got so much compliments from your girl friends for making a very good choice !!

We hope to have you all as guests again soon.

Alex Bressers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Chava Resort
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 321 in Patong
Navatara Phuket Resort
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!