“Simply Stunning” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Simply Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Firstly thanks Alex for organizing my airport pick up even though we were not staying there until the last part of our holiday.

We booked the pool access room and another 1 bedroom apartment on the same floor for our stay. Before we were due to stay I dropped in to see Alex about putting a friend into the pool access room for a night as his girlfriend was flying in and he hadn’t organized anywhere to stay yet, this was taken care of in minutes with a quick name change on the booking.

What I didn’t tell you Alex was that my guest has managed 5 star resorts all over Asia as I wanted him to see without fuss how good BYD is. I will tell you where in an email.
On the day my guest booked in I got back from Nai Yang in the afternoon and dropped in to see them and check everything was ok. When he opened the door to the pool access room I could see he was impressed by the big grin on his face. I asked him what he thought and his first words were “Simply Stunning” he then went on to say the level of cleanliness you just don’t find in Thailand. I had a bit of a laugh to myself imagining him running around wiping his finger over the surface of everything in the room. He also mentioned to me the next day he was very impressed with check in and the reception staff also the in room dining service from the restaurant

My stay as usual was fantastic we had the pool room and the kids had the one bedroom apartment. It was good to see the changes made to the pool access doors that I had suggested earlier in the year. The restaurant was excellent we had one of the best meals we have had in Thailand for a long time. Can’t say much more that hasn’t already been said in other rave reviews except. If you want to stay somewhere that offers more than just a hotel room BYD is for you.

Thanks again Alex and Staff you truly deserve the number 1 rating in Patong for accommodation.
Regards,
David

• 5 of 5 bubbles
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an AMAZING review
on your recent visit to our BYD Lofts.

Firstly I would like to add that it was my pleasure for getting you sorted
with transfers and here at BYD Lofts our main aim is to satisfy every
individual guest in any way possible and make their stay as enjoyable as we
can, and having wonderful guests like yourself makes me and all our team
want to go the extra mile.

It is always wonderful hearing great comments but it is a huge compliment to
my staff and I that you recommended and wanted your friend to see how good
we are here at BYD and it is great to hear that your friend agreed and
thought every aspect of BYD was "simply stunning" after staying in many
other 5 star resorts over Asia. It is also great to hear that you had one of
your best meals in Thailand in our restaurant.

Here at BYD we take all our reviews and comments seriously and when you
mentioned the pool side apartment doors previously we had made amendments to
them straight away as we find it important to listen to our guest needs. It
is very much appreciated you taking the time to write such a great review
and finally for saying that we truly deserve the number 1 rating in Patong
for accommodation.

Once again thank-you for being a wonderful guest and we are all looking
forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Patong.

Best Regards,

Alex Bressers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed at the BYD lofts for two nights at the end of September, in the 2-bedroom suite. It was awesome! My favorite hotel in the world is the Hotel-G in Beijing, and I honestly didn't think I would ever find a hotel that I liked as much as that one. I was pleasantly surprised to find an equivalent experience at the BYD lofts. The room (or rather apartment) was pristine - it looks just like the 360 degree tour you can find on their website. I've been let down by so many hotels in the past when I arrive and find out that the pictures were taken at good angles and photoshopped a little. But in this case, that was not the case! The room is shiny and bright.

We were greeted with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice to drink while we were checking in. It's small touches like this that really make for a great experience when staying in a hotel.

The beds were comfortable, and the showers both had rainforest showers, which I really like. The room also came with a huge deck, and a nice stereo with an ipod dock.

And for a last touch, we met Hans, the owner, and he was a really nice, friendly guy. Lots of smiling, interesting to talk to, and good with the customers.

The rooms are expensive, but only by Thailand standards. By world standards, it's ridiculous to get a room of this quality in a hotel with this level of service at this price. Next time I am in Patong, I won't even bother searching for other hotels, I already know where I will be staying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a kind, excellent and AMAZING review on your recent visit to our BYD Lofts.

I was so happy and proud of my team when I seen your excellent review as I know that they are always doing their best to make our guest happy as much as we can as it is our main mission to satisfy each individual guest with our special touches, this makes me and all our team to go miles further for our guests !

I would also like to thank-you for your many wonderful comments about BYD Lofts especially your comment regarding BYD Lofts being your favorite hotel in the world and remarking on how the apartment is exactly as we show you on our virtual tours on our website !!

Once again thank-you for being a wonderful guest and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Patong.

Best Regards,

Alex Bressers
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at BYD Lofts for 6 nights in September and our one regret was that our stay wasn't longer. It is by far the nicest place that we have stayed in at Phuket. We were very impressed on arrival with the friendly staff and the warm welcome that they gave. The check in was effortless and there was a welcome drink to enjoy.

We were then taken to our apartment and all we can say was "Wow". The apartment was simply stunning with beautiful furniture and fittings. The lounge suite was extremely comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. There was amazing mood lighting and a great sound system with docking station and large flat screen TV. The place was so comfortable that we enjoyed staying in just as much as going out. The apartments have a great restaurant and also a bar wine shop called the Wine Connection both with a wonderful atmosphere. The apartments are a short walk from many restaurants, nightlife and shopping. The beach is about a 3 to 4 minute walk away and Jung Ceylon Shopping Centre is about a 10 minutes walk. We can't wait to come back for another stay and won't hesitate to tell our friends all about BYD Lofts.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stan-and-Moira
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing an amazing review on Tripadvisor, this is very appreciated by my staff and I.

It's really great to hear that you loved our apartments and your stay here and that your only regret was not staying longer.

I love to hear that we have satisfied our guests and my staff and I really appreciate your comments saying that we are always friendly and your check-in was effortless.

It is also very nice to hear your comments regarding the apartments, that you thought they were simply stunning and that you will recommend us to your friends.

Once again thank-you for your kind comments and we hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Alex
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at BYD lofts with a friend in July and had an amazing time. So much so that we’re heading back in November. We just loved the ambience of the place, especially after staying in a hostel the week before. To find such luxury in the heart of Patong is rare. The rooms are very clean and the hallways are decorated with beautiful artworks. It truly does feel like you’re living in a modern art gallery.
The rooftop pool was spectacular, overlooking the city. The only con is that it closes in the evening so try to make use of it during the day.
Despite the feeling of seclusion you have in your apartment, the streets of Patong are just a short walk away as is the beach.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering us plenty of advice. The restaurant is also very nice, beautiful food and atmosphere. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is great to hear that you loved staying with us so much that you will be returning in November.

It is so nice to hear your wonderful comments complimenting our luxurious rooms, and I am happy to hear your comments regarding our staff, that they were very helpful, friendly and gave you plenty of advice.

It is great to know that our restaurant also met your expectations and it provided you with an excellent atmosphere and beautiful food.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Alex Bressers.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is a very beautiful property,it is a very well mantained property which I went back after three years,The staff is very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank RAJIV K R
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is great to hear that you thought our BYD Lofts was a beautiful well maintained property and our staff were friendly and helpful.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you as a guest in the near future.

Alex.
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

My wife and family stayed at BYd over our holiday period in October and from our arrival, the staff and hotel could not be faulted. We enjoyed our time at BYD more than any apartment that we have ever stayed in. Thank you BYd staff.

Room Tip: Having stayed in the 2 room apartment I can only say that My family was very comfortable with space...
1 Thank ArmyCustoms
Hua Hin, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

All,

I am a long term resident of Thailand living in Hua Hin. As such I travel widely to many of the provinces for holidays, with varying degrees of hospitality received.

BYD Loft was a last minute booking made over the phone driving down from Ranong. The phone booking an directions were quick and precise.

Arrival and check in was painless, and the one bedroom apartment was a welcome sight after 10 hours of driving in the rain. A small touch gratefully noted was the staff had turned on the air conditioning and lights prior to arrival, making us feel most welcome.

We originally booked in for 3 nights but then extended an extra 3, followed by another 2 days. This is the highest praise I can give accommodation: I have left a 5 day booking after 2 days elsewhere (Koh Chang) as I was dissatisfied.

The Restuaraunt deserves especial mention. The food is of the highest quality, as is the service.

I am a jaded traveller, and rarely are my expectations exceeded. BYD Lofts managed to exceed my expectations in the best possible manner.

Regards,

James Fox

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful
review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your comments about your arrival and that
you felt most welcome and that you felt the food and service was of the
highest quality.

It is very satisfying to hear your many great comments and
it is good to know that as you are a jaded traveler we at BYD Lofts exceeded
your expectations.

Also that fact that you extend your stay with us 2 times says a lot !!!

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you as
a guest again in the near future.

Alex.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Chava Resort
#3 of 319 in Patong
Navatara Phuket Resort
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!