“Best in Thailand”

BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #1 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 8, 2011

All,

I am a long term resident of Thailand living in Hua Hin. As such I travel widely to many of the provinces for holidays, with varying degrees of hospitality received.

BYD Loft was a last minute booking made over the phone driving down from Ranong. The phone booking an directions were quick and precise.

Arrival and check in was painless, and the one bedroom apartment was a welcome sight after 10 hours of driving in the rain. A small touch gratefully noted was the staff had turned on the air conditioning and lights prior to arrival, making us feel most welcome.

We originally booked in for 3 nights but then extended an extra 3, followed by another 2 days. This is the highest praise I can give accommodation: I have left a 5 day booking after 2 days elsewhere (Koh Chang) as I was dissatisfied.

The Restuaraunt deserves especial mention. The food is of the highest quality, as is the service.

I am a jaded traveller, and rarely are my expectations exceeded. BYD Lofts managed to exceed my expectations in the best possible manner.

Regards,

James Fox

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful
review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are happy to hear your comments about your arrival and that
you felt most welcome and that you felt the food and service was of the
highest quality.

It is very satisfying to hear your many great comments and
it is good to know that as you are a jaded traveler we at BYD Lofts exceeded
your expectations.

Also that fact that you extend your stay with us 2 times says a lot !!!

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you as
a guest again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Once again we stayed at BYD for our month long holiday and nothing has changed. Still the ever so friendly reception staff. The resturant food was excellent wheather we were having breakfast or dinner. The room cleaners did a great job nothing was to hard, a extra towel or any request was met with a smile. Alex, Haans and Jay do a great job running the hotel but as usual they are never to busy to stop and have a chat or a drink at the bar. Roll on next year, cant wait to return to our favorite hotel in Patong.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on your month long stay again at our BYD Lofts!

It is always wonderful to have returning guests and it is great to know that we are still your favorite hotel in Patong.

My staff and I are very happy to hear that we still can please you completely with our friendly reception and housekeeping team, and that you thought the food was still as excellent as ever in our restaurant.

It was very nice of you to mention, Hans, Jay and I personally for doing a great job of running our hotel. I really appreciate comments like this.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and for being a wonderful guest and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Patong.

Best Regards,

Alex

Reviewed September 29, 2011

On arrival staff were very welcoming and pleasant. Overall the staff were very friendly, fun and service was exceptional. They were happy to offer advice, were very helpful and equipped us with some local knowledge. The hotel was clean, comfortable and spacious. The rooms were well air - conditioned and well designed. The balcony was spacious and the pool had an amazing view. The lasting impression from our BYD stay were the lovely staff. From the cleaners to the restaurant staff, everyone was really friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

My staff and I are delighted to hear all your wonderful compliments on the staff here at BYD Lofts and I am pleased to hear that you thought the staff were friendly, fun and the service was exceptional.
It is also great to hear that you thought the hotel was clean, comfortable and spacious and that you have a lasting impression and would highly recommend us.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Hello Travellers,

My family and I stay at BYD loft in mid September and we had a great time.Very Quite and only 300 Baht to the action or 10 minute walk. We will go back there again forsure great place to relax.

Room Tip: If you have a family request room with bath not an issue at all. Also cots were real not a porta co...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is great to hear that you and your family had a great time and thought our BYD Lofts was a great place to relax and will come to stay in the future.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

When we checked in, we were given a very pleasant surprise ie we were upgraded to a 1000 sq ft apartment instead of the 800 sq ft that we have booked. We were warmly welcome by the front-desk staff with a nice tall juice drink. The staff then accompanied us to the beautifully decorated room that was clean and spacious and explained to us on how to make use of the modern facilities in the room. There was a modern and well equipped kitchen, good size living hall, clean balcony & a lovely bedroom. The hotel staff and their services made us very welcome. The Thai food at their Bistro was very nice and authentic. They gave us a booklet of discount vouchers which we used for food, drinks, massage, local tours and the best is a discount voucher for room rates for our next visit. The location is excellent ie 5mins walk to the clean beach and another 7 mins walk to the big JungCeylon Shopping Mall. Nite life is also within walking distance but far enough so that we are not bothered by the noise of the nite activities.

Room Tip: Get a 800 Sq feet room for a enjoyable stay.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is great to hear that you loved staying with us and plan to return for Lunar New Year. Here at BYD Lofts we love to satisfy all our guests and it is always so nice to hear all your wonderful comments complimenting our modern, spacious rooms, and I am also happy to hear your comments regarding our staff, that they always make you feel welcome.

Once again it is great to know you loved your stay and thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just completed a short stay at this property and left quite impressed with it.
Pros:
1)The rooms, or rather apartments, are very big and well-appointed with contemporary decor. They’re exactly as shown in the on their website (which is rare). There is a fully-equipped kitchen and living room. Internet (WIFI) is free. House-keeping does an excellent job at keeping the place spotless. Most if not all of the rooms have balconies if you like to sit or smoke outside. Room amenities are plentiful although I didn’t seem to find bedroom slippers.
2) I stayed in a pool access room which gives you private access to the pool after 8pm which is when the pool is closed off to all other guests. However, being low season, there weren’t many guests so most of the time we had the pool to ourselves anyway. The pool is nice and although small, I doubt you’ll ever find it crowded.
3) The hotel is in a small soi away from the main roads so is tucked away from the hustle and bustle. However it is still very conveniently located such that one can walk to the beach easily and stroll along the rows of shops facing the beach till you hit Bang La Road which is like Phuket’s version of Bangkok’s Patpong in Silom. Nearby also is a row of seafood stalls where you can get cheaper food than at the more famous Savoey Seafood near the beach. Depending on which stall you try, you’ll probably get similar quality at cheaper prices.
4) The staff! They are extremely friendly and helpful. English is not a problem as well so don’t worry about being misunderstood. My aircon unit happened to go kaput just before my arrival and they were in the midst of repairing it when I checked in. The repair staff were very apologetic and polite as they did their work while I was in the room for a bit. After repairs were finished, housekeeping was there to clean up after them immediately. They also helped me arrange for tics to Simon cabaret as well as boat trips to the islands. Yes, they may be more expensive than going to an outside travel agency (I didn’t check). However, I prefer the convenience of a concierge handling everything for me and I pay for everything at check-out. Having them do it also meant it was convenient if any changes needed to be made. When I made a few changes with mine they did it with a smile and no fuss. FYI airport transfer services are provided. 950Bh for a ‘limo’ (Camry) or 800Bh for normal (Honda). The Honda is perfectly adequate.
Cons:
1)The building immediately opposite is under construction for another 2-3 months so your balcony view will be of construction workers toiling. Noise will also be a problem if you are indoors during the day (why would you??)
2)The exterior-facing walls (including the bedroom) are all full-length glass so privacy may be affected a bit. Remember to close the curtains if needed especially at night.
3)Private pool access doors should have locks on the apartment side to prevent other people from the pool coming directly onto your balcony.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I would recommend this place for your stay in Phuket.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would hereby like to thank you for your amazing review about our BYD Lofts on Tripadvisor !

It is wonderful to hear that we could give you a really enjoyable stay with us here at BYD and that you left impressed!

I really appreciate your wonderful comments complimenting the staff and the rooms and that you would recommend us.

We are very happy here at BYD that we could meet and exceed your expectations and in regards to your comment about the building opposite being under construction, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but as it is low season, this is the time of year many hotels renovate. However the main part of the construction is over and the building will be ready to open in the next 3 weeks and the only work to be done now is mainly painting therefore there will be not to much further noise.

Also the private pool access doors do have locks, but reception are always happy to help and assist you.

Once again thank you so much for being our guest and taking the time to write a review and we hope to serve you again in a not to far distance future.

Alex Bressers.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

My family n I just came back from Phuket after spending 7 wonderful days staying at our 2nd home - a 2 bedroom apt at BYD Lofts . Our 4th stay with them .

My older daughter is 7 n she's been to Phuket 8 times n my 16 mth old girl - twice !

We have stayed in many 5 stars resort with beauitful pools n kids club on our previous trips to Phuket.
Trying in vain to find better place
to stay then BYD Lofts.
But after our most recent stay we have concluded that this the Only place to stay in Phuket for our future trips to Phuket .
Who needs a kids club when u have nature's biggest playground ....the beach n sea just 5 mins walk away?

The apt looks exactly like the photos on their Internet website.
We love every single bit of this white ,modern , spacious 2bedroom 160 sqm , well designed apt . It has all the modern comforts ,hi-tec convenience like iPod dock , dvd players, surround sound system , free wifi Internet access!
The kitchen is amazingly beautiful n funtional .
We were able to cook for our little girl her favourite food each day .
The apt was spacious enough for my girls to run around play safely .

The balcony was a little dusty n noisy due to the on going construction across the street but once the the balcony doors were closed u can't hear a any noise at all ! Not a big deal really .
Housekeeping staffs were efficient ! Rooms r cleaned daily.
Requests were always met swiftly.

Rooms service were equally good . Both Thai n western food was great .On one occasion the service staff cldnt understand my request so she came up to my room within mins to take my orders instead !

I do wish they provide baby high chair at their restaurant .

Other than that it was a fantastic stay . Most relaxing vacation ever with my kids !

Special thanks to Alex who was ever so helpful with securing a 2bedroom apt for my family n answering all my queries including the weather in Phuket !

Letting us have his apt although he was there during the same period .

Kudos to all the service staffs at Byd Lofts . U were great n so welcoming !

We'll be back again soon !

• Stayed: September 2011
bydlofts, Manager at BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you and your family loved staying with us and that you had the most relaxing vacation ever with your kids. Here at BYD Lofts we love to satisfy all our guests and it is so nice to hear all your wonderful comments complimenting our modern, spacious rooms, and I am also pleased to hear your many wonderful comments regarding all our staff, that they always make you feel welcome, the housekeeping are efficient and room service could meet all your requests this a reason for to go miles further for our guests ! .

Once again it is great to know you loved your stay and that we are the only place to stay now in Phuket for your future trips, thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Alex.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!