“Tries to be a chic party hotel with some success”

The KEE Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Singapore
“Tries to be a chic party hotel with some success”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

A very noisy party type hotel. Lots of groups, both male and female and couples. Alcohol is clearly a central theme, in and out of the pool. Loud music playing all day and into the the evening. Noise from rooms heard most nights.

Not a good hotel for families or those wanting a quiet relaxing stay. Great location for Phuket's nightlife scene.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank WorldTraveller9699
Kanyapoj C, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
Dear WorldTraveller9699,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your stay with the Kee Resort & Spa Patong. We apologize for the delayed response.

I am sorry to hear that our resort was not able to fulfill all of your expectations and I am sorry that you didn't experience the same wonderful time other travelers have written about.

But all of the constructive feedback you've pointed out we can surely use them to improved and maintain high standard of quality. We appreciate the feedback very much. Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review. We hope that we would get a chance to make it up to you on your next stay in Phuket.

The KEE Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have spent three night and i enjoyed a lot. Recommend to other good value and have good location. Good place close to most attraction. Good location near to the bungla road and the patong beach awesome.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Abdulla92
Dear Abdulla92,

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a good overall stay with us. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you back.

Durban
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The two best things about this hotel is the location (2mins off Bangla Road, 5min walk the beach) and the pool (swim up bar and enough sun chairs).
Breakfast was average and even though they say breakfast is served until 10:30, by 10:15 one morning everything was packed up.
Great service from the guys at the pool and from the ladies at housekeeping, service everywhere else was only average.
If location is your main priority, this hotel is perfect for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leechee1
Dear Leechee1,

Perth WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really nice for a laid back night of good drinks, service and live music. The band that plays every night is good and the atmosphere in the opened air bar is really good. Close to Bangla Rd and drink prices are a little expensive for Phuket but at any rooftop bar you have to expect that. A lift takes you straight to the top and then a few stairs to rooftop.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy F
Dear Wendy F,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is literally a 100m walk to the main strip of Phuket. It's brand new, clean, modern and comfortable. The rooms are great, pool is refreshing and the rooftop bar is cool. I would stay here every time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristy17
Dear Kristy17,

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to rank us highly and for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a great stay. We really appreciate your vote of confidence in our Resort and in the team of talent who make everything happen the way it does. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Kee Resort for a few nights on the final leg of my month long trip around Thailand. I was very impressed with the hotel on my first look and loved the design of the massive pool. The hotel is very modern and visually appealing with mood lights and lovely plants all over the place. There was a huge area to lounge by the pool and a rather large dining area. I loved the idea of having lots of different sections in the pool area as well.

After checking into my nice pool view room I experienced very bad Wifi and also a broken TV. A quick call to reception told me to wait patiently and someone would eventually come and sort out the problems. An IT man was sent up and had me fixed in no time at all. I encountered a small issue with the front desk regarding the replacement of bottled water in the room as this was not being done and I was told to wait until the next day for housekeeping. I was unhappy with this solution and due to the poor English from the front desk and lack of service for other things I could not give them full marks.

My biggest disappointment was the large group of "Australians" staying here that took over the main pool bar area each day. They were very loud and intimidating and made it clear that I was not welcome to sit at the bar with them. I did decided to take a sit at the pool bar and try a cocktail only to be stared at by these people and treated like I wasn't invited. They became very loud and carried on very close to force me to relocate. During the rest of my stay I was very surprised to discover that most guest (>80%) I encountered were Australian. This seems to be the norm in Patong.

I attended the weekly Cocktail party on the sky lounge which was wonderful and I very much enjoyed the free cocktails and snack foods. The management where very approachable and ensured I was having a good time. The party lasts about and hour and I was unfortunately not told the free drinks had ended and got stung paying for my last drink along with a few other people.

The prices of the hotel services where a tad on the steep side, I wasn't impressed with the prices quoted for laundry which was well beyond ridiculous. I only ate at the restaurant once as again the prices were nonsense given the portions of the food received. There are plenty of cheaper food options less than two minutes walk away which look nicer as well.

Bangla road is extremely close, less than 2 minutes walk for those seeking the markets, scams and crazy nights outs. The main shopping centre of Patong is only 5 minutes walk away as well which was great and handy for me. The beach is even closer then Bangla, about a minute walk but I wouldn't want to swim in the water there as It was heavily polluted.

Overall a good stay was had though I would not return as I am doubtful I will return to Patong. There are much much nicer places in Thailand for a fraction of what you pay here. If I had to come back to Patong, I'd have not hesitation staying at the KEE again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank SnowSurfDive
Dear SnowSurfDive,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

we stayed as a couple at this resort.

the resort was very clean and new, i would go back again

breakfast was fantastic and not over crowded

the only down side is that the pool closes at 7pm so no one is allowed in the pool after that time and the pool bar closes too, most days we did tours and werent back until after 6pm.

the food from the restaurant was good too, must try the mango sticky rice it is to die for!

the bed was like a rock, took a bif of getting use to

Room Tip: choose a room that over looks the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple