“Great location and Pool but thats where it stops”

The KEE Resort & Spa
Ranked #27 of 322 Hotels in Patong
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Great location and Pool but thats where it stops”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My recent stay for 3 nights at the Kee Resort left me quiet unimpressed. The pool was nice and its a good location but for 6,000 THB a night I expected a lot more.

I originally booked a pool view room. The room itself was OK and the view nice however the sheets weren't dry and you can hear loud music from the restaurant. Additionally there is no light switch in the bathroom(or near the door), if you have to get up in the middle of the night you have to find it among a dozen other buttons near the bed.

I complained about the wet sheets and loud music and was transferred to a "honeymoon suite" at no additional charge (they originally wanted 500 THB more per night for me to be able to sleep in peace). The new room was OK but the view was terrible (see attached photo) and the Jacuzzi water was nasty (see attached photo). It was acceptable for me but if this were a romantic get away and I paid for the upgrade to the suite, I would be furious.

Pros:
-Pool: its huge and has a swim up bar
-Location: Steps away from Bangala Road (the main entertainment street) and the beach yet far away enough to be quiet.
-Breakfast was good with made to order eggs

Cons:
-Pool view room has loud music (from the hotel restaurant) echoing in the room until 10:30 pm
-Light Switch for the bathroom is no where near the actual bathroom or door
-Honeymoon suite was lackluster, Jacuzzi awful with a horrible view.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joseph B
Kee M, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
Dear Joshep B

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your stay with the Kee Resort & Spa Patong. We apologize for the delayed response.

I am sorry to hear that our resort was not able to fulfill all of your expectations. All of the constructive feedback you've pointed out we can surely use them to improved and maintain high standard of quality. We appreciate the feedback very much. Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review. We hope that we would get a chance to make it up to you on your next stay in Phuket.

The Kee Resort Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Consider staying this hotel if you are planning to stay at patong.
However a tip for you, bring your own toothbrush. The hotel does not provide any.
Add on to it, the carpark is not easy accessible. No lift to the lobby and you will need to walk one big round.
An enjoyable stay in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank bennyfok
Kanyapoj C, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
Dear bennyfok,

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a good overall stay with us. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you back.

Robina
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed with my partner there just recently and regardless of the hotel (which is very good) the location alone sets this hotel apart, If you want to party get this hotel. The service was amazing, breakfast was great, Happy hour gets very busy so get there early to get a nice seat in the water. the free internet and executive cafe is a great bonus, the staff also promoted their own 'phi phi island' tour which was alot more then you could buy on the street, it was 3,200 baht, but it was an amazing experience and highly recommend going through the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room looking onto the pool!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Max A
Dear Max A,

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to rank us highly and for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a great stay. We really appreciate your vote of confidence in our Resort and in the team of talent who make everything happen the way it does. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I bought a Groupon voucher for this hotel. I stayed in a "pool view room" & prior to purchasing the accommodation I read the reviews thinking something must be wrong to get a decent priced, well located hotel in high season with a Groupon voucher. Well the "pool" view room was actually the Bangla Road side & at night you could hear the noise but it wasn't to bad once the sliding doors were shut. I could see a glimpse of the cruise ships in the ocean.

The "free" wifi in the room, I didn't have access to from these side of rooms which was a bummer. I had to go to the lobby each night to access my emails. Although I spoke with somebody who's room was closer to the lobby & pool bar & they could get wifi access from their rooms.

I didn't click 5 stars for cleanliness only because of the FILTHY white stains on the day bed. I was grossed out & if the day bed/lounge wasn't there I would have rated it a 5. Room was very spacious & clean though.

I found the bed a bit hard & although I got a great deal with Groupon, I wouldn't pay the $230 a night pool view room for this side of the hotel.

Breakfast was fantastic. Had buffet everything.

Staff were very friendly & attentive. They even surprised me one night when I got back to my room with a mini bday cake for my bday. Thank you, that was lovely.

I think this resort is more for younger generation or couples.

This hotel is smack bang in the middle of everything. The beach is close by as well.

Overall if it was just my husband & I travelling to Patong on our own again, for the right price, I would stay again. But I don't thing I would take my children to this resort only because the close proximity of the Bangla Ping Pong shows. Lol

Room Tip: When you read "pool view room" & are thinking of staying in one, ask for the "poo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LyndalKrystal
Dear LyndalKrystal,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 1, 2012

To start with positive:
+Excellent location, very central
+Rooms and the rest of the premises are what is to be expected of you typical 4 star hotel

...and then there is the service level at the reception.

The worst I have ever experienced at any 3-5 star hotel in my life.
Mainly due to one employee who was plain rude on more than one occasion.
A couple of other employees were just plain incompetent but at least not rude.

First of all, would it not make sense to have personnel fluent in English at the reception at a location like this? Still, that part I guess we can accept if they at least are service minded and try to accommodate your needs + make up for shortcomings. Fail again.

Both myself and a friend of mine had multiple problems with the staff at the reception when asking for the most BASIC things (like access to our room on time or internet that works).

Fortunately not all employees were rude and/or terrible at English so problems eventually got solved if we made enough of a scene and/or asked to speak to somebody else. Still, not what you would normally expect from a 4 star hotel with a 4 star Tripadvisor rating.

To sum up: As long as you don't need anything from the reception, you will be fine and this place does the job. Also, some employees were excellent to deal so if management just sees the problems and cuts the bad apples, this place could be worth another visit. Until then I will not take my chances.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kee M, Management Team at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear John L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor. We deeply apologize regarding the service provided by our front desk staff. Please rest assured that this issue is being taken into account and now we are taking some action on this in order to improve the overall service.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comment.
Kind Regards,
KEE Management Team
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We are still here at the Kee Resort and it is awesome. So close to everything, Bangla Road about 20 steps away to all the bars that Phuket have to offer... breakfast great, pool and swim up bar excellent!!! Go and see Jae at the pool bar, great fella!! We have a pool view deluxe, quite big, big bath, big balcony and the resort offers free WIFI!!!! also close to Patong Beach.... the location of this hotel is excellent!! Sky bar a great place for a relaxing drink or a meal. Go and stay here, highly recommended!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shaun B,

Seletar, null, Singapore
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Kee resort is well located to shopping & transport. Most of the resort in Phuket have beach bag but kee resort dun have...so if want to stay in the resort remember to bring ur own beach bag....breakfast is not that wonderful and the area is so hot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family