“Bad Experience”

Ranked #27 of 322 Hotels in Patong
sydney
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a week with wife and 2 kids. What a shame because this is a new hotel in a good central location.
However would not suggest this place to families or anyone looking for a romatic quiet time.

Pool area and bar are noisy. Music blares from 8am to 10pm. It is the same CD over and over and over. Like some type of torture. Then there are people yahooing around pool area until all hours of the morning. If you are in a pool access room they just make themselves at home on you patio.
Bangla Rd nearby can be noisy at night but NOT as noisy as the pool area.

Breakfast is served in an open area. Not air conditioned. You share your breakfast with flies and insects not to mention the smokers. There is no segregated area. So enjoy your cereal with a puff of smoke.

This hotel allows "overnight guests" I am no prude but do they have to fondle, kiss and maul these girls in view of everyone else in the pool area.

Service staff need to be trained in customer service. Not a day went by when there was someone at the front desk complaining about service or their bill.

Would I stay here again? If I was single and wanted to be close to the nightlife maybe yes.
With a family definately NO. There are many nicer resorts that cater for this in Patong.
Honeymooners I suggest you find somewhere more romantic that caters to your needs.

It's a shame cause it is a new hotel. Kee Resort if you want to be up in the 4 or 5 star rating. May I suggest to you a review of the way this hotel is run.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank 2travellingbugs
Kee M, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2015
Dear 2travelingbugs

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your stay with the Kee Resort & Spa Patong. We apologize for the delayed response.

I am sorry to hear that our resort was not able to fulfill all of your expectations and I am sorry that you didn't experience the same wonderful time other travelers have written about.

But all of the constructive feedback you've pointed out we can surely use them to improved and maintain high standard of quality. We appreciate the feedback very much. Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review. We hope that we would get a chance to make it up to you on your next stay in Phuket.

The Kee Resort Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 7, 2011

First time abroad. Mr Bon organized tours...both paid and free. Friendly helpful staff.could not fAult. Merchandise for sale as we loved the coffee cups! Kee resort was everything we hoped for and more..ps..try eating at jasmine...next door

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Faeree
Kee M, Public Relations Manager at The KEE Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
Dear Faeree

We apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to rank us highly and for providing your feedback while still enjoying your holiday. We are so happy to know you had a great stay. We really appreciate your vote of confidence in our Resort and in the team of talent who make everything happen the way it does. We will use all of the positive and improvement points to continuously enhance our service standards.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you back.

Sydney Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My wife and i recently stayed at "The Kee Resort"., in a pool acess room.
the length of stay was 9 nights. Although it was only a newly renovated resort there are some issues that need to be sorted out. Mainly.
1. Smoking at breakfast, although it is not a western custom to smoke at a restaurant. We understand that some countries allow this. we had to change tables at breakfast many times to avoid other patrons cigarette smoke. A designated smoking area could eliviate this problem.
2. flies on bread, many times at breakfast we had to close the bread cover, as the patrons before us left the cover open thus allowing flies into the container. And fruit flies all over fruit.
3.The same CD being played from 0730hrs until 2100hrs at night, which may not be a problem , but after 10 days of continiously playing the same Cd it became tiresome.
4. Restocking of rooms- or lack there of. Constantly reminding the maids to rerstock the tea , sugar, soap. and toilet paper.
This is not a whinge about trivial issues, there are many other issues that could be mentioned ie - staff losing laundry. However, if your single, looking for a Resort close to the action this Resort is for you. If you are a couple or family i would look elsewhere. Better value for money to be had in other Resorts. Prior to checkout on a daily basis, recheck your room account to make sure there are no extras added. On our checkout there were 2 patrons disputing there account.

We have been to Phuket many times, and will be back. However not at this particular Resort. Overall staff friendly, Resort clean.But disapointing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ashnmar
Dear ashnmar

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Myself and a couple of friends stayed at The Kee Resort & Spa from Tues 24th May to Sun 29th May 2011. Greeted with a welcome drink and escorted around the place and the room by a very helpful staff member named Thony who set up the free wifi in the room and told us we had 2xbeers and 2xcans of coca cola complimentary everyday which we found very good. The room itself was modern with a nice plasma tv free wifi and keyboard with a nice balcony over looking the pool. The shower was a little grimey looking but very thing else is up to scratch for the price, the other bad thing is when they clean the room they leave doors open and when you arrive back into your room you will find mosquitoes. The location is amazing couldn't ask for anything better as we are a bunch of lads, bangla road a minute walk as well as market stalls for shopping patong beach is a 3min walk. For food Jasmine which is part of the kee is amazing and value for money traditional thai food and you will also find your western food joints there to such as McDonald's, Burger King and Subway all close by. For night life the bars and clubs are all raw-ring from the music and atmosphere but you will hardly hear this in your hotel which is amazing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Singh15king

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I booked 2 rooms through HotelClub.com from 16 to 19 May 2011 for my family. Upon reaching the hotel around 8+ at night, the front desk staff on duty did the check-in procedure for us and told me that HotelClub.com only managed to book 1 room with them though my confirmation slip showed 2 rooms.

I asked the staff to check with the Reservation Department hotel again and the staff insisted that the mistake is made by HotelClub.com. They wanted me to pay for an additional room at 3,000 baht per night when I already made full payment for my booking previously! I was rather angry and wanted to cancel my 1 room so I can check into another hotel but I was told that I will not be refunded if I cancel the 1 room that I have booked. After that, the staff asked me to call up HotelClub.com to clarify this matter but it was not my mistake to begin with so I told him to make the call using the hotel's phone.

When the phone got through and I was put on hold by HotelClub.com as they were checking with the Reservation Department of the hotel, the staff actually told me that I was supposed to pay for the long-distance call made to HotelClub.com and it was 90 baht per minute! I was already 15 minutes into the call when the staff informed me about this! Imagine how appalled I was while waiting in the hotel lobby with my tired parents and we were not even offered any drinks while we see the hotel staff offering other guests with drinks upon their check-ins! I am not asking for any fancy drinks but just a few cups of iced water would definitely be a gesture of goodwill from the hotel and save them further from the negative impression being formed about them.

When I finally put down the phone with HotelClub.com, the messed-up reservation was rectified and we were given two rooms on different levels (HotelClub.com and I emailed the hotel 1 week before my arrival date to request for connecting rooms and we understand that it will be subject to availability but there was no reply from the hotel at all) The phone call costs 1,710 baht but I refused to pay as I wanted to speak to the hotel manager.

The next day when I went to look for the manager, I was told that the manager was away for a big meeting and I repeated my story to a different front desk staff who was the supervisor. She assured me that she would check with her colleagues on the entire issue and would leave a message in my room when I return the same night. However, when I returned to the hotel room that night, there was no message left for me. It was only on the third day did I manage to speak to the manager and waived the charges for the long-distance call.

Though the location of the hotel is extremely good, I would not patronize this hotel again for my next trip to Phuket. It left an extremely bad experience for my family especially when everything happened on the first night of our family trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gagey25
Dear gagey25

AUSTRALIA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Some travelers are so hard to please &/or Accomadate, so be aware of some of these musings!?!?
I contemplated different styles of holiday accommodation until I found The KEE Resort, and in hindsight I lucked very fatuously on this Great Hotel and Location.
The Hotel facilities are of a high standard and more than meet the Guests needs.
I am a Straight Male and Jaeb (The KEE SPA CENTRE) on Numerous occasions had me trying treatments that were out of my comfort zones,and I'm Blissfully Thankful for my
(Facials-Manicures/Pedicures-Luxuriant Body Lotion Treatments-Scrubs). BRILLIANT......

I stay at a few Hotels every year and my Room was always impeccable, and the person looking after my room was always obliging/attentive without being intrusive (Very Very Important) Always had a smile staff can learn this simple body language. My room was-2414 to verify my statements. Clyde-Australia.

Room Tip: Ground Level Pool Frontage -If this is your thing?
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ClydeAustralia
Dear ClydeAustralia

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Let me first start by saying the staff at this resort are the most unprofessional group of people I have run across at a resort. The reservation department has no clue of the property layout. I booked a honeymoon suite and asked specifically for a sea view, I received an email from a person named Mike confirming this particular request. After check inn, I was taken to a room on the first floor. The view was facing a brick wall. Upon requesting to move to a room with a sea view I was told that there is no such view for the package I booked. When I explained to her the reservation department (Mike) confirmed a sea view for the package I booked, she tells me that there is no such person working there. After arguing with her for 10 minutes I realize it’s not helping so we decided to take the room. This front desk staff is the worst. NO hello, Wai, or good morning!! When you want to ask something you have to interrupt them, because I never got a “can I help you”. When I asked for a cab upon checking out, I was directed to their hotel cab service. Since their service was tremendous for the time we stayed, I asked for a local cab service. I was told NO, they would not call a cab for me, I had to walk to the main street and flag a cab down!! I have no clue how this so called resort have four and half stars!!

To anybody who is looking to be pampered or wanted to be felt in a resort atmosphere, you will be disappointed at this Hotel. We seen lot of hookers during our time, I’m guessing it’s a hot spot in Patong to get laid.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple