“Best in Patong”

Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Ranked #6 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed August 24, 2014

4th Trip to Patong & this hotel is fantastic!
Customer service is unbeatable, staff can speak great english & are always happy to help with a smile on their face, breakfast is a wide range and large enough to try something new each day!
We had a pool access room & highly recommend spending a little more to get one, people complaining about noise from the work still going on isn't as bad as it sounds, we stayed 10 nights and there was 1 day it was loud! Location is Suburb, 10 minute walk to everything

Only negative for the room was the bathroom wasn't draining the water very well, so when you had a shower the was quite a bit of water lying on the side & floor, but thats being picky!

next time we're in Phuket we'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pool Room for sure
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear DomS91,

Thank you so very much for such a review!!
We really appreciate the fact you took a few minutes of your time to share this 10-day trip experience with us.
Please note we already sent our Houseepers and Engineers to look into the drain concern and It has now been fixed :)

Many thanks once again and looking forward to your 5th visit in Patong!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

This hotel is only 4 months old, as of Aug'14. The staff enjoy their new hotel and proudly show it off to all. The hotel is situated in an excellent position, close to shopping, bars, and restaurants. Everything that Patong has to offer is on ti's doorstep.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graaayso

Dear Graaayso,

Many thanks for this short yet fantastic review!!
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back...

Reviewed August 21, 2014

First of all, I would like to congratulate the owner and staff for the opening of this tremendous new hotel. I stepped in to the hotel after 14:00.. The check in process went well and the room was available straight away.Receptionist handed us welcome drinks and snacks which was really cool. The lobby area is great and huge and there were many seats available to chill and relax. The receptionists and staff were all friendly and smiled whenever we saw them. The room was great (cosy too) and all the facilities were available. The hotel offers free shuttle service which was awesome and useful (especially the ride to Phuket centre). The location of the hotel is perfect.. I mean Patong beach is only 5 mins away and Jungceylon mall is only 10 mins away! The breakfast was good ,well organised and provided different varieties of food. Gym was great and all the equipments were available. Swimming pool area was cool and refreshing. Glad there were many sunbeds available with shades which was a positive.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone as it's really amazing. To make this hotel even better, I would like to mention some cons to work on in the future:
- Add more English TV channels.
-the elevator (touch) sensor wasn't working properly as you have to push it hard to enable it to work.
-Add more international dishes in the breakfast menu like pancakes.
-There's way too many private pool rooms in this hotel and I feel it's a waste of space as there's rarely a few who are actually swimming in the private pools ( extend the hotels pool area and make a smaller balanced private pool)
- It would be better to make part of the swimming pool more than 1.20m depth.
-Raise the volume of music in the swimming pool area as it will make the crowd more alive.
Thank you Grand Mercure for the great hospitality and I can't wait for the next visit ;)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear AbdulAziz T,

Wow, what a review!!
We can't thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with the World :)

I am personally delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us very much... The Pool access provide little privacy to guests who booked those but please rest assured the access to "their" pool is equally granted to other guests. We simply thought that lgoon-like pool, going alongside the building, would give our Hotel an evenmore resort-like feel.

We'll keep pumping-up the volume!!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Very nice new hotel . We book four rooms . Staffs are very well friendly , nice ambience very well maintained. Breakfast is very good , had more choices, swimming pool is good. Rooms are spacious very we'll maintained. Nice hotel to spend with family & friends. Overall our experience is very good....

Room Tip: Pool view room is good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vimal6162
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Vimal6162,

Thanks you so much for your great rating and review.

I am very glad to see you enjoyed your stay very much and appreciated efforts made by our culinary team when it come to breakfast quality and diversity.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon...

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had 3 great nights there and the staff were great, the food and drinks were excellent. The poolside rooms were a bit small, I wouldn't pay extra for these again, as the regular rooms are bigger. Even the beds were amazing. We would definitely recommend it for anyone who likes comfort.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tonyrhonda

Dear TonyrHonda,

Many thanks for this superb review.
Great to see you had a great time with us and would consider our hotel again.

Always a pleasure to serve...

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I visited Phuket again last month and chose to stay at Grand Mercure because I know I'll definitely enjoy my stay there.

Checking in and out was very smooth and the staff were very helpful in addressing any question that I had.

The standard room is very cosy and comfortable and its location is very accessible to the city area.

Coming back to stay at Grand Mercure is definitely a right choice.

The hospitable staff made the whole experience so enjoyable and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank VannyLee
Sebastien T, General Manager at Grand Mercure Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear VanyLee,

Was great to have back for a second time and thank you very much for such a fantastic review, yet again!
We will try on improving our standard again and again so not to disapoint you or any guests in future.
As mentioned, please do let us know if you plan a trip to Bangkok as we could recoemmend quite a few nice properties in there...

sebastien

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is my second time in Phuket, the first time (about 5 years ago) I stayed in a small guest on Nanai which was fine but very basic and quite a way from the beach. This time I wanted a nice place with a pool, close to everything and just somewhere I could totally relax and unwind for a few days. I chose Grand Mercure because of the location, good reviews and plus seemed a really good price for the days I was staying.

I must say - I was not disappointed one bit and had a really fantastic time in Phuket and loved my stay in the hotel. The staff were great - I'm not a very fussy traveller but they always went out of their way if I needed anything. The restaurant was excellent, I particularly liked their pizzas (I know... not very Thai!). The room may not have been huge but it really was nice and was a great base to come back to after a day at the beach or exploring the island. The pool was a plus and was such a nice spot to unwind on a lazy afternoon.

Negatives? There wasn't really anything I can think of. There is no seaview but it was just a short stroll to the beach. For me the location was excellent.

I'm looking forward to visiting Phuket again and would be very happy to stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank topcatsworld

Dear topcatsworld,

Thank you for such a splendid review!
Very glad to see that your second holidays in Phuket were that memorable.

PS: try on the Thai dishes next time you visit us :)

Many thanks once again and see you back soon.