“Great Location”

Poppa Palace Hotel Phuket
Ranked #72 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A good stay again at Poppa Palace, it's a nice hotel with friendly staff and nice pools. We have stayed here 3 times now and it's always a decent experience. Good value too, we were paying 1500baht a night which is a great price for the facilities and location.

Room Tip: Watch out if you are offered a 'family room' and only need one room. You might find yourself...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Poppa Palace Hotel Phuket

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights til 14/10/2013 with my 2 sons 16 & 18 and was more than happy with our family room. It only came with 1 bed in each room but as we were early they put another bed in for us before we got up there.
The staff were friendly & helpful and as others have commented they can be a bit fussy about the pool towels but hey, just buy 1 from the dozens of places nearby for about $5.
There is a little bar across from the hotel that does laundry for 50baht/kg & they will drop it at reception for you folded & wrapped.
The restaurant is only open for breakfast but the Orange Restaurant next door has a great range of Thai & western food at very reasonable prices ($20 for the 3 of us with a couple of drinks each) & they have fast free wi-fi which makes up for the patchy wi-fi at the hotel.
The rooms were clean & the cleaning staff were flexible & would come back after lunch when the boys woke up so we never felt we were in their way. I would however check the dates on anything from the minibar as I think some things were a bit dated.
Not a 5star hotel but they don't say they are & if you are looking for a value for money stay in the heart of Patong Beach then I recommend Poppa Palace.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank IamBrooksy
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

What an awful place to stay! We expected a cheap hotel and were happy enough for that, but they think they are much better than they are. They stuffed up our room on arrival which was apparently our fault because we were not specific enough when booking a family room for 2 adults and 3 children, and had to specify ages so they could charge accordingly, that we would need more than 2 twin beds.
You can't relax at all in your room because if you dirty the sheets or towels they charge you for it.
After reading reviews on here we told them immediately when they changed our sheets that there was a cigarette burn and a huge brown stain on the sheet. The manager came up to inspect it and tried to blame us, despite the fact that it was clearly a faded, washed out stain and burn, we are non smokers and hadn't even slept in it yet.
If you stay here, bring your own towel or buy one. Its not worth the hassle of having them bash your door down to retrieve their threadbare, ripped pool towels at 7pm every night.
Absolutely no leeway from 6pm pool close for a family to shower and change the children, to the 7pm return time.

When I read other reviews about the hotel smelling, I thought it couldn't be that bad.... I was wrong. Its terrible!
The smells come up from the drains in the floor so your entire room smells like sewerage. And its every room as we have family staying on other floors.

Breakfast is OK for the price. In stark contrast from the rude, arrogant front desk staff, the buffet staff are lovely.
There is enough variety for something different every day, but half is stirfrys and stuff that westerners aren't used to.

Lots of fat old men bring their 'lady for the night' down to breakfast as well. Thats fun to explain to the older kids.

Also see many coming and going from the hotel. Not really ideal at all.

I would advise families to avoid this place.

Adults OK if all you need is a place to sleep.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 79birds
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by someone. I am so over the moon happy that I followed through with the recommendation. It was affordable, clean and very welcoming. We will never forget Phusit at the bar. He was fantastic and very very funny and cheeky as they come. He picked on his fellow colleague Daw who put up with him. I think they had a great bond to entertain guests. The breakfast was good, nothing to rave about however but was good for breakfast I suppose. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, overall they could do a few fix ups that would take 5 minutes to fix just to keep the room to a 100% standard. Beds are very comfortable as well.

The hotel also offers towels to take to the very busy Patong Beach. If I were to ever go back to Patong, I would stay here absolutely. However Patong is not my favorite place of Thailand but I can comfortably say that if I do return to Patong that Poppa Palace will be the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hayden T
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed oct 2013 it was the best hotel we have stayed in phuket .The staff are very friendly .rooms are clean and big.great location.Kid friendly .have stayed in 5 other hotels in phuket and this was the best time .Will be back there next year

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

As we were the first guest to check out,we thought that we would be cleared first.We arrived 15 minutes before all the guest started to check out at the counter.However slowly a few Caucasians
family came out later than us and they were cleared of the checking out.We went to the counter and ask why we are not cleared yet and the front desk lady keep telling us to wait.As my patience runs thin I went over to the counter and ask again.This time she told us unhappily that we did not give the her deposit receipt and that is why it was delayed.It was so ridiculous as when we surrender our key she should have ask for it which is she is not attending to any guest at all at that point of time!
So is the service there is only for white people and looking down on us ASIAN'S??

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the reason why I keep coming back is because the rooms and hotel are value for money.

Pros: Nice staff, prompt service, location is close to the action and food, massage spa opposite the hotel, rooms are decent, airconditioned breakfast area

Cons: rooms can get a little musty at times, pools are narrow and crowded, jacuzzis are not clean, bathroom gets completely wet as they only use shower curtains

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family