“Not very clean”
Review of Baumanburi Hotel

Baumanburi Hotel
Ranked #130 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here in April 2013 for 7 nights with my partner. We had paid for our room in full before we arrived and had selected it because it was pretty cheap and still had some good reviews. We had confirmed a room with a double bed... upon arrival we were given a room which had 2 single beds... had a lot of cockroaches and the bathroom was covered in mould. We went down and complained and showed them our receipt and that we had confirmed a double room... they told us they had none available but tomorrow we could come back and try and get one. The next day we were moved to a double room which was in a seperate building. Our new room was better than the one before but not great. Would definitely not go back.
The only positive was that it was in a central location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chaiwat P, Manager at Baumanburi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Khun l_bunga,
Good day from Patong Beach, Thailand,

We appreciate your feedback about your stay with us last April, 2013. I apologize if you found the room not as clean enough as it should be by our standard. This is an unusual occurrence, We take your comments very seriously and will ensure your complaints are fed back to the relevant department heads so we can uphold the high standard on which we pride ourselves.

Once again thank you for your recent stay with us and we would love to welcome you again to prove that we can do better and we wish you and your family are all the best.

BaumanBuri, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Would not stay here again. There's better places for same price.
Pro's- awesome pool. Great location, no need to taxi it anywhere, all day trips include shuttles.
Con's- WiFi is NOT throughout the hotel (as advertised on website, this was important to me as I was traveling on my own and one of the reason I chose to book here), only free in lobby and cafe area, you have to pay to use it in your rooms. (I notice this is a common complaint with other travelers from a year ago and management responds to look into it..nothing has changed a year later..). I don't like room service in my room daily and when I said 'do not disturb' I would come back and my room had been accessed, not cool. Restaurant has 10% service charge AND 7% government tax. (Haven't experienced that much at other Patong hotels)- You do receive a voucher for 15% off for each meal but have to ask for it back after using it. Heaps cheaper to eat on the street. After I checked out I had some time to wait until my pickup arrived (shuttle doing the rounds with other travelers) and I felt like I wasn't welcome to stay, kept being asked when I'm getting picked up, even though I was still spending money on drinks.
This was just my experience, I wouldn't be returning or telling my friends to stay here, I hope others had a more enjoyable stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Go_for_it_traveler
Chaiwat P, Manager at Baumanburi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Go_For-It_Traveler,
Good day from Patong Beach, Phuket,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us, it is very much appreciated and important to us.

I am sorry we did not live up to the expectations in terms the WI-FI service and room cleaning service. These items are definitely for our serious considerations in our future upgrading plans and improving the service.

Please also note that regarding your mentioned the price for our Food & Beverage, Kindly note that our main course menu starting from THB.120 it is very reasonable price and most of the hotel where located in Patong beach subject to 10% service and 7% government vat as well.

At the same time, I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed in our swimming pool and hotel’s location. These have always been our unique selling points; things that valued guests like yourself have come to appreciate.

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

In pictures it all looks like the perfect location in reality its just one of those things that look nice but doesnt work as good as it could. Now I was just there for a day to visit a friend and family who stayed. So these remarks are not about the rooms but entirely on the facilities, service and value.

Like said before the pools are out of the sun and so just to cold to really enjoy. However nicely laid out and with many features for adults and children. Like the bubble baths built-in or the bar with seats in the water. Cute and Ibiza like but cold and in the shade.

Prices are not worth it. You are not allowed to bring drinks or food from outside to the pool. So be prepared to pay up and the food just isnt something worth 2-300 bath. Neither are the 60-90 baht soft drinks.

If you are gonna pay this kind of money then might as well do better and get more out of your spending.

Room Tip: Did not stay in room so no comments on that...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RonniAbergel
Chaiwat P, Manager at Baumanburi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Khun RonniAbergel,
Good day from Patong Beach, Phuket,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking out your precious time in reviewing our Hotel and providing your comments in Trip Advisor. Furthermore then in response to our comment, I would like to clarify our stand as per the review you've sent in but before I do so then I must say that It is unfortunate that you have felt that we have not lived up to your service expectations as well was not up to the expectations.

Moving on then, Please note that "As with most hotels it is not our general policy to allow non-register guests to use our facilities, it is done as a courtesy to guests if friends visit. It is not unreasonable to not allow food and drinks from outside, which could cause smell and rubbish and offence to guests - again this is a general policy for most deluxe hotels and is not about costs, but about maintaining the pool area. We would have many complaints if the pool area became a picnic site or people sat around drinking cans of larger - it would be difficult to regulate. However, we do not press pool users to buy refreshments. Like most Asian hotels we do not heat our pool and most guests enjoy the cool environment our pool provides."

For your kind information and have a nice day ahead.

Baumanburi, Patong, Phuket

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice hotel well situated in patong center area...
They have a beautiful swiming pool, unfortunately very cold cause no sun light due to buildings and trees shadows....
Too expensive for such raison.
Other thing, hotel personnal at desk not friendly at all!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chaiwat P, Manager at Baumanburi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Grand V.,

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay.

At the same time, I am very happy to read that you found our hotel location and swimming pool that you were satisfied during your stayed with us.

I also well noted regarding your comments about our unfriendly staff at the Front Desk, the investigate will be arrange as well as more training to ensure the standard service be given to our customers.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

We do hope you will visit us again and please do let us know and we will make sure you have a better stay this time around

With the kindest regards,

Chaiwat Piriyapada / Resident Manager

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights....3 in building 4, which was a superior room...great location, quiet, overlooking the pool. The next 3 nights were in building 2 (no availability in superior rooms), facing the street. It was extremely noisy, rooms were quite old/outdated. Good service at reception. Restaurant staff could use a little service training...
Didn't pick up used dishes from tables, in general not very friendly. The only real complaint I have is that they offer a taxi service at reception, but when I requested a taxi for the morning to the airport, they made a phone call and told me none were available. I went across the street to the Merlin, and they happily arranged one for me.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank F M
Chaiwat P, Manager at Baumanburi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear F M, ,

Thank you for posting on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at BaumanBuri, Patong Beach, However we do apologize if the standards of services in our Food & Beverage not meet with your expectation. Please rest assure that we will take continuous effort to ensure that rectification is done to ensure higher standards are achieved.

Thank you also for all your comments about the Superior room and surrounding areas. We do have an ongoing maintenance program of all our Superior guestrooms during the Green Season this year .

We thank you again for the constructive comments and we look forward to your return.

Best Regards,

BaumanBuri, Patong, Phuket

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at Baumanburi on March 2013 for two weeks. We really enjoyed our time. Hotel has perfect location, nice pool area and breakfast which takes care of your stomach untill late afternoon... so no need for snacks before 3 pm...
Hotel staff we found very nice and helpful and they were always smiling.
If you are looking for a design or luxus this might not be for you.
We are not too picky ( I was travelling with my fiance) and we got many new friends thanks to Baumanburi :)
We'll be back in March 2014 again and our choice is Baumanburi again.

Cheers from Finland,

Pipsa @ Tommi

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pipsa L

Dear Khun Pipsa L.,
Good day from Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand,

Thank you for your sharing your kind compliments on Tripadvisor regarding our wonderful team and the great service during your latest stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to welcome back returning guests and friends to our warm and friendly hideaway.

We look forward to have you with us again in March, 2014 and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

stayed here with 2 other couples, 3 of us have stayed here before. got upgraded. the rooms were perfect overlooking the pool and behind was the OTop markets with awesome bars. if anyone goes there. visit the wombat bar.
rooms were very clean, they have a safe for your valubles. the buffet breakfasts were amazing. everything you could think of.
the baumanburi is in the perfect location. walking distance to jungceloyn shopping centre, banglar road & patong beach. you must try the maccas and burgerking 24hr delivery... awesome.
definitely coming back... phuket is beautiful.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chaiwat P, Manager at Baumanburi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Bria S,

We are very fortunate to have you with us recently. At the same time Thank you for sharing your good experience of your wonderful holiday. We appreciate your support and patronage. Our mentioned associates are very grateful to hear your lovely comment.

We look forward to welcome you again at BaumanBuri, Patong Beach, Phuket where you can continue to create lifetime memories.

Till we see you again.