“Good Hotel in Phuket.”
Review of Baumanburi Hotel

Baumanburi Hotel
Ranked #139 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Baumanburi is a 4star property in Phuket. Patong Beach is only 200mtrs from the hotel. The patong beach area is very good. Lots of indian restaurants are nearby this hotel and are good. There is a lot to see in Patong/Phuket and it is a good destination.

Room Tip: rooms near pool are good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baumanburi Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for a week with my brother and friend and we managed to get a great deal on our room rates as it was not peak season. The location of the hotel is great, as is the pool, breakfast, cocktails & staff. Generally we were pretty easy do deal with clients, however on the two occasions that we misplaced our keys late at night after going out partying, the hotel staff were extremely helpful in ensuring we were able to quickly get back into our rooms.

The stand out for me was that after en error with their dry cleaning where a pair of my expensive jeans were lost the day before I had to leave the manager placed a note on file that if the jeans should show up that he would mail them to me back in Australia. I left there thinking that I had lost my jeans and that was the last I would ever see of them, with no real expectation that they would actually show up. To my surpirse a month later my jeans showed up n a parcel from Thailand to Australia at no cost to me. In my book, this puts the hotel in the category of going above and beyond which is great to see.

Room Tip: It's worth paying for the better rooms, as the difference is substancial. Although for the price...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After reading a few bad reviews I was turned off this hotel - though when I arrived it all changed. I believe the people writing the bad reviews are snobby rich people who are used to more than a 5* service. The hotel is close to the beach and shopping centres. We stayed in a deluxe pool view room which had comfy beds and the room was very spacious. The pool is good, and the swim up bar has moderate priced drinks. 100 - 200Baht per cocktail. The buffet breakfast changed a few items everyday and was always nice. Oz one of the guys who worked there was more than helpful and you could tell he was a good asset to the hotel and the company in itself! I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jessica Z
Reviewed November 24, 2012

After reading previous reviews from Ezystays voucher customers, I became very worried about staying here. I went on a family vacation with my sister-in-law and her family, my in-laws and my husband and I. Leading up to our trip I became very worried after reading the reviews that it was all going to be horrible! I am very pleased to say that we had a fantastic time, and could not be happier with the hotel and the service that we received. For what we paid for the Ezystay vouchers, we were very pleased with the hotel, it was clean and tidy, the pool was HUGE which the kids loved! There is a swim up bar, and breakfast offered a wide variety and was open for a couple of hours which was very convenient. The hotel is also in a fantastic spot, with everything located conveniently around. Jungceylon shopping centre is a ten minute walk down the road, and Otop shopping is just next door. If you walk out of the hotel and go left (opposite way of Otop), first you have the Mercure which does a fabulous smorgasboard, but past that there are a number of excellent massage places, which were very cheap! As part of our Ezystays voucher we also received a trip to Phi Phi Island. We were there for a week, and we happened to pick the worst day to go to Phi Phi Island, it was raining and the boat was very rocky, many people got sick, but what you gonna do? Luck of the draw! Overall, we were all very happy with this hotel, and if you have an Ezystays voucher, please do not be discouraged! After the reviews, we had such a fantastic experience that I felt I had to write a review. Hopefully this can put other Ezystay voucher customers at ease!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Mrs_LM13
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is located on a cross road near Patong Beach. Almost walking distance from the beach. Absolutely fabulous the service, ambiance, rooms, pool.

However during the stay I happened to break one cup accidently and was ok to pay small fine. The hotel charged me 250 Bath for 1 cup, and was bit upset, however as the trip progressed I understood that entire Thailand follows the practice on such charges on small little things.

Read the instructions pasted in the rooms in the hotels.

Room Tip: Ground floor Rooms next to Pool are excellent, you can get in the pool from the room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ShashankPradhan
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The rooms were spaciuos and clean. The staffs were friendly and very obliging. The breakfast is normal but as for muslims we enjoyed it the have the Halal corner. It good for family group. It is just a walk away to other shopping arcades and other halal food centres....Our group consist of 20 golfers and all expressed their satisfaction during the stay.....zain

Room Tip: rooms on the south side quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank muhd zain m
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel was nowhere near the description we recieved from Eszystays/Dealme Direct the people who sold us this deal.The room was at best adequate and noisy (you could hear the Hard Rock Hotel blaring away most nights)The breakfast was not international fare and lacking variety.We were let down by Ezystays with airport transfers and left stranded at the airport in the wee hours until doing a deal with a local "Taxi Driver"We have never recieved an apology from Ezsystays Australia let alone our costs refunded.I would give this hotel a2.5 star rating only and only just and do not rate Ezystays at all if you recieve an offer from them via deal me direct or similar delete it and look else where there are better operators than these guys.Thailand is a beautiful place and the people are fantastic and I personally would visit again (not so my wife)If I were to go again I would not stay at this hotel nor use Ezystays or Dealme direct as conduit better to use Flight Centre or some one else reputeable.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Main Roead would be quieter but this place needs a good makeover root and branch...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family