Baumanburi Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsopposite hard rock cafedeluxe roompool access roomotop marketspool barpool sidegreat poolpatong beachbangla roadmin walkhotel is greatnight lifebangla rdhappy hourphuketaustraliamassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The rooms were spaciuos and clean. The staffs were friendly and very obliging. The breakfast is normal but as for muslims we enjoyed it the have the Halal corner. It good for family group. It is just a walk away to other shopping arcades and other halal food centres....Our group consist of 20 golfers and all expressed their satisfaction during the stay.....zain

Room Tip: rooms on the south side quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank muhd zain m
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel was nowhere near the description we recieved from Eszystays/Dealme Direct the people who sold us this deal.The room was at best adequate and noisy (you could hear the Hard Rock Hotel blaring away most nights)The breakfast was not international fare and lacking variety.We were let down by Ezystays with airport transfers and left stranded at the airport in the wee hours until doing a deal with a local "Taxi Driver"We have never recieved an apology from Ezsystays Australia let alone our costs refunded.I would give this hotel a2.5 star rating only and only just and do not rate Ezystays at all if you recieve an offer from them via deal me direct or similar delete it and look else where there are better operators than these guys.Thailand is a beautiful place and the people are fantastic and I personally would visit again (not so my wife)If I were to go again I would not stay at this hotel nor use Ezystays or Dealme direct as conduit better to use Flight Centre or some one else reputeable.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Main Roead would be quieter but this place needs a good makeover root and branch.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Meobie
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The web site says all superior rooms have a city view, well half of them face the back so all you can see is the corridor to the next part of the hotel 8ft away, the room was quite big, a bit dated, tv picture was unwatchable, Wi fi in the room was too slow to use, but round the pool it was good. the breakfast was ok many choices, don't forget to look outside at the back to find the egg station (took me two days) pool area was good nice big pool, good location, but busy road right outside, so if you stay get a pool view room, had to ask room service 3 days running for toilet paper,

Room Tip: pool view on the front of hotel will be quietest room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BigIan67
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm with you Paul from perth, we had a easystay voucher.. we were suppose to get free wifi every day you'll have it by the end of the day,,, just give me 2 hrs...lies after lies. on day 5 paul from easy stay just told us straight we were not getting it..
the breaky was average but sliced $4 sandwich ham in boiled water for bacon, never laughed so hard. by 9.50 they stopped topping everything up for breaky, breaky went until 10.30. I had to go to the salad bar to get some bits to put in my omlete as he told me several time ALL FINISHED so I thought onion capsicum ect in frying pan, he then through the egg in what a [--] they were huge slices and he never even cut them up... all the fruit and pastry's gone by about 10 and the refuse to restock...
Took 5 phone calls and a very nasty me at the counter to get my lights working in my room. 2 days... never got a masive bed as told got an over sized single and the sheets didnt fit.. OMG the towels I use on my dog are bettter than the ones you get if they remember to put them in your room...
it took pool staff 30 yes thats right 30 minutes to bring a glass of coke and sprite with 2 reminders and there was only one other couple at the pool... there is a sign as you enter the pool area not to bring your on drinks ect... I went to reception after 30minutes of waiting and told them what they could do with that sign... she said I understand LOL

the hotel is a joke, barely a 2 star the photo's make it look amazing.. about half the size and the worst lot of staff ever.. I have been to bali about 12 times, bangkok 3 times, france, germany, uk 14 times, canada, new zealand and the U.S.. and this was my worst experience without a doubt. I asked several times to speak to the manager... always in meeting

they do not care one bit, dont go there
sharon from perth

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank sharon p
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My partner and I ecently stayed here after getting a cheap 7 day internet deal from Ezystays. We got our room upgraded to the Grand Deluxe upon arrival because Ezystays had stuffed up the booking, but unfortunately that was the last of any quality service. We had vouchers for an American breakfast each morning, but never saw a piece of bacon during our entire stay. Apparently, boiled slices of ham are an adequate substitute!

Day 1 - Upon arrival at the room the safe didn't work, so reported it to management. Manager failed to get back to us that day so we had to carry our passports and several thousand dollars around with us that night.

Day 2 - Woke up to fnd we had no running hot water for a shower. Didnt report it immediately as we knew it was budget accomodation so accepted it as a novelty. Again told management we had no working safe. Was told an engineer would arrive to fix it, but no one came.

Day 3 - Still no running hot water so alerted management and reminded them that we still had no working safe. An engineer finally changed over the safe for a working one but no one got back to us about the lack of hot water.

Day 4 - The entire hotel had no running water for 6 hours. We again reminded management that we had no hot water for the last three days at 10am that morning and they promised they would get an engineer to look at it once they had water running throughout the hotel. We got back to the hotel at 7pm after being out most of the day to find we still had no hot water. We rang management again who sent up an engineer to look at it. The engineer came in, turned the taps on and said he would be back in an hour or so to check it was working. We never saw him again. We rang management again at 9pm and they promised it would be working by the morning.

Day 5 - Woke up to still no running hot water at 8am so stormed downstairs and demanded to see the head manager. He seemed apologetic and promised to look into it. His idea of a peace offering was a fruit basket (which never arrived) and a late check-out. He didnt even contemplate moving us into a room with a working shower! We angrily went off to breakfast where I had scrambled eggs with some bbq chicken breast on the side. I somehow managed to chip a molar on the supposedly "chicken breast meat" I have kept the chipped tooth as a souvenier of our nightmare.

We took off for the morning and got back to the hotel at 1pm to find we still had no hot water and no one could tell us if anything was being done about it. Still no suggestion of a room change!

Deciding enough was enough and tired of being consistently lied to by front desk and management, we went and packed our bags and walked across the road to the Patong Merlin where we booked a deluxe room for $145 a night (std was around $100). Upon telling the head manager we were checking out he didn't even apologise and simply said "ok" with a smile. We could see him counting the dollars the hotel had saved in his head.

We rang Ezystays an hour later and apparently Baumanburi hotel staff watched us walk across the road and had alerted Ezystays where we had gone. If only they had shown us the same promtness!!

Ive talked to some who said their hotel stay there was ok, although they did say the place is mouldy (especially their plastic chairs and tables used for breakfast) and the pool is dangerous as there are chipped tiles everywhere in and around the pool.

Maybe our nightmare few days was not the norm, but would you really want to risk your well earned holiday at a place where if things go wrong, management couldn't care less??? I'll leave that up to you.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple