“Perfect Location for Nightlife”
Review of Safari Beach Hotel

Safari Beach Hotel
Ranked #168 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Travelled to Phuket with Family and stayed at this lovely and a very conveniently located hotel. Had booked 2 rooms and put in a request through mail for adjacent or closer placement of the two rooms. We were given nice rooms, one over the other with a nice view. The rooms were spacious with a balcony.
The hotel is very close to Patong beach and is also very close to Bangla street. It was hence very convenient for us to move around with children first and then leave them in the room and again go back to the bangla street to enjoy the nightlife.
There are many eating joints and convenience stores nearby. Local tours can be easily booked through table counters at every corner of the street while walking around. It is also convenient to book a cab through these operators for airport drop. The prices for tours should be compared first and then bargained for to get a good deal.
Hotel had a small but good buffet breakfast. The restaurant of this hotel is also very popular for seafood among tourists.

Room Tip: Request for checking the room first. We had a sewage smell in our toilet and room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shubha24

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very well located hotel for Patong's nightlife and beach. Whilst the hotel hosts potential for a higher evaluation, it stands in a poor condition. The staff deals adequately with english and provides a good service (cleaning, breakfast, tourism services)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pedro T
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed there 3 weeks in july.This was my second stay at this hotel [last time november 2012] Great little hotel with the rooms kept extremely clean.Most of the staff did'nt speak any english but always had a smile on their faces!Only minor issue was the shower temperature varied from very hot to cold by just a touch of the water control. Took me a couple of days to get it right!.Also as previous reviewers have mentioned it gets VERY noisy [hollywood nightclub is the culprit!] at night till 6am.Not a great concern for me as i was usually in one of the clubs till quite late! But if you are a light sleeper probably choose an alternative hotel or buy some earplugs.Also if you are a solo traveller like myself the hotel is very guest friendly.Finally enjoy the many delights of the famous bangla road only 2 minutes walk from hotel!

Room Tip: Try booking a room on the ground floor as it is less noisy at night!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Derek K
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you like to be near to where the action is but still have lovely surroundings and tranquility, this s the place to stay. If you are a light sleeper some of the upstairs rooms at the back you will hear the noise of Bangla Road. The rooms are very spacious and the garden and pool area is lovely and clean. Breakfast is very good. Buffet when a big crowd in the hotel or just ask for what you want when the hotel is not crowded. Staff are exceptionally friendly.

Room Tip: Bottom floor room 119 and 118 are the best rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aussie97
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and speedy about anything you would need. I don't remember what room I had but it had a big bathroom with hot water and a air conditioner that worked very well. Bangla road and the beach are both 2 minutes away which was very nice. They have Savoy resteraunt and bar attached to the hotel. The resteruant has some of the best seafood you can find in Patong and the bar has some good priced drinks to get your night started. The only down side is if your staying in for the night the music from Bangla road can be very loud all night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bob E
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Check out tomorrow but I have nothing but praise for the property and the staff. I'm also in the room closest to reception and not bothered by the noise - although I suspect not many people are here at the moment. Everyone at reception is helpful and happy, the staff at the restaurant are also good. It is mainly a seafood restaurant where they sell crayfish etc by weight, so is going to be pricey, however their standard menu is reasonably priced given it is a hotel restaurant. There is a food alley about 100 metres to the right [away from Bangla Road] that is cheap and cheerful with a live act [of the musical variety], a little bit of fun. Heaps of places to eat and I'm going to a seafood number 1 [or something] place tonight that is in an alley at the end of Bangla Road and cuts through to the main road into town.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank waynejameswright
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Safari, where I stayed years before, though located OK, was never the place for benchmark friendliness and service. This time, we had several reasons to be unhappy there and check out as soon as we could. Now in the age of internet booking the Safari has taken its memorable un-user-friendly let's-get-what-we-can attitude to the internet.
Booked a Superior room thru Trip Advisor/Booking.com. When we arrived, were shown the room I booked that was older and not particularly anything. And at the price of $72/nite. When I said I preferred a room on the ground floor because they have no elevator, and we have a baby, they said they could show me a Deluxe room, but I would need to pay an add'l $10/nite. We saw the room they were offering for this upcharge, (one I had stayed in 5 years ago) and preferred it for newer construction and lower floor. But I HAD booked a Deluxe room on Booking...."No sir, booking.com says Deluxe room, but you look on your voucher, it say 'Supelior Room', and Supelior Room is our lowest level Standard Room. If you want Deluxe room you need to pay us extra 300 Baht/nite ($10)". What a shell game, Booking offers Deluxe, but writes Superior on the confirm, and Superior to Safari is actually Standard, their lowest level. And they know this has been happening on Booking.com, but don't do anything about it. I enter the internet to check prices on booking.com and see that the "deluxe" they are offering me is only $5.00 upcharge from what I had paid, and their tune changes downward from $10.
But after this shell game (under what shell IS the deluxe room?) I was ready to leave asap. The better ground level Deluxe room we’re shown and stay at finally at Safari, has a small veranda with chairs and table we would never use. Why? So shaded and dark you wouldn't wish to sit there. Like their small pool which gets sunlight for limited hours, it's so shaded. And your room that for the same reason lacks natural light. The corridor to this $77 room is the dumping area for an old generator and for cleaning supplies. Sort of dumpy, you might say.
We lunched the first day at the Safari's own big restaurant, that years back was one of the better ones although at beach-front pricey. Had the worst meal EVER in all Thailand this time. One waiter who could give no effective service to all the tables. Watched him chase some patrons out who paid and he never had the time pick up their check and money, so he chased them out! He brought us a milkshake that was the wateriest most undrinkable ever seen or drawn thru a straw. Trying to explain how to improve and remedy it, hit the no-understand, speak only Thai barrier. So unable to fix it, we returned it, but when he finally could bring us our check, the milkshake was still on the bill, and he had to run to get another bill without it. The BBQ pork which was once a great moist and savory dish there, just dry and tasteless. The shrimp dish without any flavor at all. When I tried to ask the waiter for condiments, he was too busy to respond as the food cooled, so I strolled across the restaurant to get them myself, saying I would work there today. The restaurant, like its hotel, all promise, dicey delivery. Go find, like we did, a better hotel at 1/2 the price, with space, sun light, a good pool with sunshine, and value (Amata Resort did the trick). It was even worth Safari dinging me for an add’l $77 (1 nite’s rent) penalty for our ‘Deluxe’ Deluxe room, even after Booking.com asked them to just let us leave and pay for only the 2 $77 nites we stayed. Advice: let Safari rest in peace.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family