“Ok just OK”
Review of Safari Beach Hotel

Safari Beach Hotel
Ranked #168 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After reading some of glowing reviews on TA we decided on the Safari Beach Hotel for our stay in Phuket

The hotel is located just across the road from the beach so in that respect is brilliantly positioned, however it is also just by Bangla road and is therefore subject to a lot of Doof Doof Doof noise until the early hours in the morning, if that sort of thing does not bother you or you own a pair of ear plugs then this is good value for money property

The hotel is connected to Savouy seafood and as a guest of the hotel get a healthy 10% off the bill, breakfast which is served in the aircon part of the Savouy was disappointing, we noticed a “A” board outside the restaurant that was charging bht400 (free for guests) if I had been charged that I would be looking for a refund

They say you get what you pay for and in the respect of the free Wi-Fi they are telling the truth as no matter where you positioned yourself the service kept dropping in and out

The rooms and hotel grounds are kept clan by the staff and in that respect we had not complaints, the question would we go back? Sadly not only because of the noise

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cletus_10

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Safari Beach Hotel is perfectly located at the end of Bang La road, right across the Beach Road from the beach. If you rent a chair directly outside of the "Beachway" passage, it was a quick hop back to your room any time during the day you might need or want to go back.

The staff at Safari Beach went above and beyond for me. I had lost my credit card and was unable to get the collect call number the credit card company provides to work. One of the night employees used his personal skype account to allow me to contact my card company.

For me, the noise of Bang La Road didn't keep me up at night, but I did find the beds to be hard-as-a-rock and very uncomfortable.

Breakfast had a lot of variety and was very good.

Overall, for the price, I would recommend Safari Beach. Though not luxurious, the hotel was adequate (I had an opportunity to see a room at the Holiday Inn, and if you want luxury, go there!), and I felt it was a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Although not silent at night, room 120 was quiet enough to sleep
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bagette
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

At $90 a night I would've expected much more from this place. There was no chance of sleep due to the noise and the room was average! Do yourself a favour and stay clear of Bangla road and don't pay over $50 for anything!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I think the pictures on the internet of this hotel paint a great story! the corridors and communal areas are all looking very tired with damp/condensation on some of the corridor ceilings.

My room was fine, but again felt quite tired and old. The balcony was particularly tatty, I stayed here just before christmas, and whilst i knew the exact location (i.e bottom of bangla road) i found that my room seemed to back directly onto a nightclub. Im not an old prude (im early 30's) but the noise was so loud at times (up til 6.30 am!) that the room literally shaked!

I probably should have said something at the time, but figured most rooms would have been the same.

Room Tip: ask for one that doesnt back on to the night clubs!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank matty-b-asia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First of all I have to mention that in order to get some sleep in this hotel you need ear-plugs AND I'M NOT KIDDING! The hotel is very well placed, very close to the beach and also to the night life! The problem is that is the back of the large DISCO CLUB and until 06 am...no chance geeting some decent sleep. If you are planing to party all night anyway, than here is the place to stay! The hotel by itself is quite nice, nice garden, pool, restaurant, room is big enough and the breakfast is great.

Room Tip: go for the garden view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

After having 6 rooms at another hotel to celebrate my 40th birthday, I was forced to move due to no hot water for 5 days on my actual birthday. I had a terrible chest infection (caused no doubt by freezing cold showers). I checked in at the Safari Beach and the staff were lovely. After having the bell boy take our bags to the room, my husband and I asked to see a couple of the other rooms for and upgrade (which we were happy to pay for). The kind staff showed us around but given we were not in our room that much (and we had a HOT shower) we decided to stay in our garden room.

After two nights, we asked to be moved to another room as the noise of Bangala Road was thumping until 6am. (Certainly NOT the hotels fault. The sailors were in town and the disco's were breaking the sound barrier!). The kind reception lady moved us to an upgraded room across the road (at no charge). How truly wonderful are these people. The bell boy carried our bags over to the new room. They were lovely.

Everyone from the reception staff, bell boy, restaurant staff at breakfast and the Savoey restaurant were just delightful. Lovely pool and service that you just cannot fault. The hotel is made so much better with the lovely lovely staff at the Safari Beach.

Believe it or not the previous hotel had the audacity to phone me at the Safari Beach and ask me to remove my review about their poor hot water and service! You must be kidding me!!!
My review was not rude, nor was it untruthful so it stays.

So thank you to the lovely people at Safari Beach. You made my 40th birthday so much better with wonderful service, a clean room and a lovely hot shower!

Would I stay again?
Absolutely!

Room Tip: Try to keep away from the ones that back onto Bangala. The staff know which ones these are :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The_Zahras
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We planned to spend there for 7 nights. It is just beside the Bangla road and opposite to the main beach. All the things you need in Phuket to make your trip pleasure are very close from the hotel. The hotel room service was mind-blowing. Before going there I found some review like as it is in very crowed place so that some times it was so tough to sleep at night. But honestly speaking we did not face any situation like that. Regarding breakfast it was moderate. We preferred American breakfast rather than trying some thing new.

I will suggest that the hotel is perfect for any holiday tour or family tour. But I think it will not a perfect place for honeymoon

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple