“Nice central hotel”
Review of Safari Beach Hotel

Safari Beach Hotel
Ranked #166 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here in may in room 119 (Thai Deluxe), the room was clean, A/C good and breakfast was very basic - yogurt / bakery / eggs / toasts & fruit, the hotel is VERY central to the beach, bangala road and the shopping centres,
The Property appears to be going thro a refurb, as the furnishing looked VERY new (and differed from anything that we had seen in the photos) and while we were ther they were re-painting the outside / redoing the gardens

The room that we stayed in was VERY quiet and the only noise we could hear was from the internal resturant singers, The downturn of this hotel was that the hot water took a long time to come thro and only made the water slightly warmer than if you just had the cold water running!

Overall I probly wouldnt stay here for longer than a few days due to the property being basic, but was nice for the 3 days that we stayed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AsiaTraveller2012

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I paid what I think is a very high price for the Contemporary Thai Grand Deluxe room seeing as it is a very low to average standard room.

I originally booked the hotel for 2 nights but I asked about moving to a cheaper room or cancelling my room the 2nd day because I was disappointed with the dirtiness of my room considering the price I was paying. As soon as I arrived in my room I found maggots in my kettle.

I booked my room through Latestays.com and I tried to call them to ask how I should complain about the hotel. This company were not helpful whatsoever but instead seemed to side with the hotel. I was not offered any discount on my room and when I asked for a discount I was denied any despite the fact that I was not happy with the room and I had maggots in my kettle.

I was allowed to cancel my 2nd night free of charge but this is the least that the hotel could offer. They also told me that if I booked the hotel directly with them that they would give me a discount. I do not see how booking through latestays.com makes any difference to the price as it was not much more discounted than the normal price.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Very expensive, outdated and very dirty and VERY unfriendly manager......the rest of the staff were ok.

Room Tip: Do not choose any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank teddiane
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The hotel is in a great location being just down the street from the main nightlife, across the street fromt he beach, and centrally located from the mall/restaurants. What's even better is it is located right next to an excellent restaurant called "Savoey". It was tempting to have all my dinners there.

The only downside to the hotel is the rooms look a bit outdated and the first room we were in had a broken A/C. Reception was very kind to locate another room and could not move us to another room of the same size until the next day. It was a bit of a hassle but at least everything was taken care of by reception and the room was ready sooner than expected. Breakfast at the hotel is a pretty good so if you are up early enough for that, i would definitely recommend you go get some.

Room Tip: There are clubs on the back end towards Bangla Road that open till very early in the morning so if y...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Aznboi88
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The main advantage of this hotel is its location. Close to the beach and the nightlife.
Staff is excellent and friendly. Stayed in room 114 on the ground floor. Bathroom somewhat small and the shower need some update. Good service overall.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hermansworld
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The room we originally booked was full, they then bumped us up for 1 night into the family suite which was great.
After thinking that the family suite was great, we then moved into our original suite which was even better.
Every single staff member smiles and greets you, and will go out of their way for you. Wi-Fi is great, and free too. Yes its a bit noisy, but after a long day at the beach, or out and about, you put your head down and you cant hear a thing.

Room Tip: Great place to stay
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luch27
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Clean rooms, friendly staff, would stay again for sure. Its proximity to Bangla Road means that it's not a hotel for the visitor looking for quiet beach access. If you are in Patong to have fun, enjoy the night life and be central to everything, this is your place!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Have stayed here before and loved the location. The staff have always been friendly and once again this was the case.Any one who finds the staff rude must rub them up the wrong way.The location is perfect but here is the sad part.No water for shower or toilet and when we did get water it came out brown. After speaking to the manager we were told they had a problem this time of year anf were getting water carted in by truck.Not good enough for nearly 3000 baht per night.It appaers the owners have a new venture anf Safari Beach is now low on their priority. I respected the managers honesty but we moved out to another hotel. So be careful that you check on the water problem before you book.

Room Tip: Family room good value for money.Could do with a larger fridge.Has own kitchenette.Make sure they ha...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family