“Just for food”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been working out in Patong for a few months as a diving instructor & have found this restaurant to be the best in the area for a good English Breakfast. I have also eaten on an evening & food the food to be just as good. I would recommend this restaurant to any visiting people for the food selection & service. If your English & would like a traditional English breakfast you wont find better.
The staff are always happy & willing to help you with your selection & are very polite.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Phuketgolfer, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your continued patronage.
At the Yorkshire, we constantly strive to create a feeling of "being at home away from your home".
We are very fortunate to have the support of many Expats, and the English theme projected in our Menu is appreciated by all who dine with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed here many times and have never done a review and thought I should

Reception staff are fabulous as are the chamber maids - the restaurant and pool staff aren't so helpful or friendly though

Pool area is wonderful and if the service around the pool was better - this would be the best pool area in Patong

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Phuketgolfer, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Yorkshire, it is always gratifying when our returning guests provide feedback on the hotel.
Since your stay with us in November, we have embarked on enhanced training for our restaurant staff, and I look forward to your next visit where the results of this training will be evident.
The issue of service, as can be seen from many reviews, is a priority for us at the Yorkshire, and we strive to continually improve the level of service afforded to our guests.
Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back to the Yorkshire.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Yorkshire was a beautiful resort with a great pool. The rooms are very nice and the staff are also great, especially the lovely Rachael who without i would not have had the amazing time that i did while in Thailand.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ConsensualDave

Thank you for your review and kind comments about both the Yorkshire and our Staff.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you in finding alternative accomodation when we were full.
We hope to see you back at the Yorkshire in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Good location if you like night life, and shopping.
Girls on reception are very helpful and friendly.
It's a shame the bloke looking after the gym is so useless,unhelpful and unfriendly ( he is not Thai) .

• Stayed: January 2014
Phuketgolfer, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your review, which I note is your first contribution to Trip Advisor.
Your comments about the staff are much appreciated.
As you can appreciate, your comments about the Personal Trainer are of great concern to me.
I would appreciate some more details regarding your comments about the gym, and would ask you to send an e-mail to info@yorkshireinn.com so that I might take the matter up with the Staff member in question.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have to say up front that this hotel wasn't really for me. It sits directly on Bangla, 1/2 block up from the "pedestrian" block. It's a health and fitness oriented place with a bunch of buff Aussies and Englishmen walking about. I don't do much of the fitness thing so I felt a bit out of place. The smoker's hang out in front was small and nondescript, with a few stools behind a narrow counter. The entertainment consisted of watching the boys park the motorbikes and watching the girls come get them.
A word about the English breakfast. If you haven't had one before and you have always wanted to try it, don't do it here. If you don't need an English breakfast don't have it here. The bacon was not burned. The sausages were Thai and didn't stand up well to English style preparation. The beans were beans. The desk staff WAS wonderful. Thanks to them I was able to accomplish all I needed to while there, and then sped me on my way.
My deluxe room was through the auxiliary entrance, all the way up the stairs, all the way at the end. The room was in Modern Thai style and very large. Quite a contrast to the rest of the hotel. This is my third review of hotels in Patong and I almost feel I don't have to mention the ubiquitous, but; spotless, beautiful bed, thoughtfully stocked mini bar. All were present. The bathroom was freshly renovated and ultra modern. Glass basin and counter. Glass paneled shower with frosted glass facing the bedroom.
The best feature of this hotel is the LARGE pool area out back. The pool has a deep end with a bridge separating it from the shallow end. Plenty of beach chairs, but also shaded tables around the perimeter (with ashtrays). You can order food and drinks at the pool bar, and see the lady around back for a towel.
I won't be back, but I am sure there are plenty of travelers who would love this place. Ladies looking for buff guys I think would like it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank marko5039

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Yorkshire.
As with any hotel, we have very little control over the profile of customer who patronises our establishment, however, due to the popularity of the gymnasium, we do have a high proportion of finess conscious people as guests. The gym is well known in Phuket, and is very popular with residents and guests alike.
The swimming pool and leisure centre are integral parts of the Yorkshire, and I am glad that you enjoyed the facility and related services.
I do hope that you will reconsider staying at the Yorkshire in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful pool, nice clean and new gym and the staff are really attentive and courteous.
I love this hotel for so many reasons. Being in the front bar 8-10pm watching all the people is a cool experience, unique to the yorkshire's prime location.

• Stayed: January 2014

Our Staff are one of the cornerstones of the Yorkshire, and as can be seen from many reviews, their efforts do not go unnoticed. We constantly strive to improve our service levels, and it is most satisfying when a guests takes the time to reinforce this aspect of the Hotel.
Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Yorkshire.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed at the Yorkshire for 5 nights and booked through agoda.
Positives- The food is amazing.
It has the best gym in Patong( I actually met 2 guys who lived in Patong who told me that)
Big pool with sauna and steam room beside it and poolside bar.
The location is amazing its a 1 minute walk to Bangla road.
Breakfast is really good.
Staff are really friendly and a good laugh.
The english owner is always around so if you need info or have a problem i'd go to him.

Negatives- If I'm being picky the only problem i had with this hotel was that our electric safe kept malfunctioning so we'd have to go to reception and get a member of staff to come and open with a key. It wasn't a major issue and they were helpful and did try and fix it but with no joy.

Our room was at the back of the hotel so didn't hear any noise at night. If i were to go back to Patong i would definitely be staying at the Yorkshire.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenny A

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Yorkshire.
The food at the Hotel is well renowned, and I am heartened by your most positive comments regarding the restaurant and staff.
The gymnasium is very popular amongst both guests and local residents, and we are constantly striving to improve the "work out" experience of our patrons.
We look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.