“Fantastic staff, location, food, service, price.”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been visiting the Yorkshire Hotel for over 5 years now. Simply put, you will not find a better hotel in such a central location for the price. Neale, Rachael, Ta and all the waitresses, cooks, plus the housekeeping staff will bend over backwards to make your stay a memorable one. Great Western and Thai food, decent priced drinks and a good sized pool are all top standard. If you are looking for a relaxing stay but wish to be close to the shops, bars and Jung Ceylon then you will not find a better place than The Yorkshire. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask Neale, Rachael or Ta for their advice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dunsterville

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary in Phuket, Thailand =). We planned to have busy days filled with outdoor activities and tours. So we just need a cheap but decent room just to rest, chill, change clothes and sleep for the night. If you are into this game plan, then this is the best hotel to stay. The room is nice, bed is big and cosy, and everything seems complete except that they dont have a spare adaptor for our gadgets (luckily I brought one; you better buy one before the trip). The staffs are so friendly and very helpful. You can ask them about anything and they will be glad to help you. Special thanks to Chomdao and Kyok (I hope I spelled it right. hehe) for the warm accommodation. This hotel is located in the Bangla Road; just meters away from the Junceylon mall, restos, and clubs. This hotel is commendable.

Ps. For the tours, it is much cheaper to book when you get there. Just walk around near this place, and there are lot of stalls offering same but on cheap prices.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I Stayed at this Hotel in July for a couple of nights. Nothing to complaint about.

Rooms are clean, OK size , internet was working fine.
Swimming pool was nice, we were actually quite impressed with the quality of the pool.
Restaurant was good as well. We only had lunch there once and food was good.
Location,,, perfect. Actually about 2 minutes from Bangla Road without the noise at night.

Check out process was seamless.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in the Yorkshire hotel in Phuket. We travelled from Singapore and we had heard roumers of the taxi's ripping people off, so we had booked our taxi through the hotel, and it was excellent, 700 thai baht. The first impression of the hotel was not good, it is down a side road which is very busy with motorcycles and cars, and the street is narrow. However, on entering the hotel, we found it quiet and welcoming, the staff were excellent, and our room was on the top floor (3 storey), it was large and cool with everything you would expect, toiletries, TV, Tea Coffee, shower etc. There are not too many TV stations catering for the English, and the reception was not great, but for our three night stay it was adequate. The location of the hotel could not be criticised, it is within walking distance of everything, Patong Beach, Bangla Road, all major shopping and food places. We ahd out breakfasts in the hotel and ate out at night, and all the food was excellent, and compared with Singapore, cheap.
All in all, yes, we would go back to the Yorkshire hotel.

Room Tip: The higher up the hotel, the further away you are from the noise, but at the back of the hotel is a...
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Excellent location, superb menu, well stocked bar, one of the best places in Patong to catch the big game, awesome pool, wonderful staff, great spa, fabulous gym, brilliant rooms.

Simply the best place to stay in Patong.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been to patong 5 times and stayed at 4+ star hotels and I must say that the yorkshire has been by far the best for price hands down. The customer service was excellent, rooms always cleaned to perfection and the quality of food was Exceptional. Great outdoor pool entertainment area and only a 2 minute walk to the bars and clubs. Special mention to eddy and crew at reception as they would always go out of there way to help no matter what time of day. Will defiantly stay here again. Thanks, Ryan

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here twice in August 2012. I was traveling on my own and the standard room was perfect for me both in price an layout. However, if there were 2 of us staying in the room I feel it would have been a bit of a squeeze. The food was very good and I had room service quite often - cant go past the big breakfast for value! The pool area was nice and although I didn't use the gym and probably should have that looked nice too. The bar/restaurant area is lovely and is air-conditioned, however there is not much atmosphere and it feels a bit closed off. But you can go out to any other bar in the area if you need this. The staff were friendly and security orientated and as a solo traveller I always felt very safe at all times in the hotel. If I was traveling solo I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo