“Great location!”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here twice in August 2012. I was traveling on my own and the standard room was perfect for me both in price an layout. However, if there were 2 of us staying in the room I feel it would have been a bit of a squeeze. The food was very good and I had room service quite often - cant go past the big breakfast for value! The pool area was nice and although I didn't use the gym and probably should have that looked nice too. The bar/restaurant area is lovely and is air-conditioned, however there is not much atmosphere and it feels a bit closed off. But you can go out to any other bar in the area if you need this. The staff were friendly and security orientated and as a solo traveller I always felt very safe at all times in the hotel. If I was traveling solo I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Corrina V

Reviewed July 12, 2013

having stayed at the yorkshire hotel,i find that this hotel is very homely,and always felt comfortable there,the staff are very obliging ,all on reception are very helpfull ,chomdao helped me on my visit there in organising so many things .the restaurant has a very good selection on its menu,and the food is fantastic it also has a very good gym and steam rooms..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Trevor E
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is close to nightlife, but you can't make any noise whatsoever or else you get a phone call! Can't even watch tv! Can't leave your air on on bcuz there's only one key per room ! There laundry service is a joke! I had to wait three weeks for them to send it back to Australia bcu. They mucked it up! Foods terrible, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone of my friends again ! Last time I sty here! Other than that patong is a beautiful place. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will keep this as constructive as possible and of course just state the facts based on my experience, as you can see from my other reviews it is very rare I leave a bad one. I arrived late and was only in Phuket 2 nights so wanted to make the most of my time here. From checking in believe it or not I had to change my room 5 times! Room 1 - the air con kept tripping the electrics and switched itself off after 30 seconds. Room 2 - I paid for a superior room so after moving here I mentioned this as this room was smaller and without a safety deposit box (wish I had just stayed) room 3 - the front door wouldn't lock. Room 4- had 3 single beds when I had booked a double bed. Room 5- great.

In fairness the staff were very apologetic and did move me without much hesitation, but 5 rooms is a bit excessive. Especially after a long journey, plus it was late. The rooms are nice and a good size though.

Something else that really annoyed me was the hotel charged me 800bht for an airport transfer. The kiosk next door who actually rent the land of this hotel only charge 600. You would of thought when booking a hotel they would try and get the best possible deal for you. I would suggest they use the kiosk on site if their drivers can't do it cheaper. That way your customer will get a fairer deal. Also the on site bar seemed a bit expensive for drinks other than beer such as spirits and mixer.

Pool great for the price of hotel. Location spot on for night life and the staff are friendly, in fact the facilities for the price are very good. These are the reasons why from what was going to be a terrible rating at check for this establishment, finally got an average. There is so much right about this hotel but unfortunately for me so much went wrong also, maybe I just got unlucky.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Robot8
Phuketgolfer, Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Yorkshire.

Fisrtly, let me apologise for your most unfortunate experience at the hotel. Whilst there are certain mitigating circumstances, and the Staff did everything possible to help you, we as a team, are always extremely saddened when expectations are not met.

In your review, you mentioned that you may have been unlucky. On the day of your arrival, we had just undergone one of Patong's, now infamous, power cuts. These power cuts have increased in frequency, and are affecting all hotels. There is no prior warning from the local authorities, and the duration of each power cut varies.
Where this affected your arrival, was the fact that the automated access card system to two of the rooms that you were shown, had suffered electrical damage during the power cut, and this made the rooms unsuitable for occupancy. Whilst our maintenance department were quick to fix the problem, those two rooms had not been repaired by the time you arrived.
The initial problem with the airconditioner in your original room was also caused by the power cut.
Unfortunately, we have no control of the power supply in Patong, but the reception did find a solution to the problem, albeit in a time frame that may not have met your expectations.

With reference to your comments about the price of taxi's, I would make the point that we contract with one specific Company and this allows us to control the standard of service offered to our guests. We have no control over, neither do we enter into price wars with local taxi operators. We believe we do secure the best possible deal for our guests, and we also guarantee that customers will not be taken on unwanted shopping stops on the way to their destination.
Our guets are more than welcome to use street taxis, and many guests do, but when we secure a taxi service for our guests, we do so with confidence that we have a measure of control over the situation.
Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel, and we do hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I & my visited Phuket in June 2013. And the primary reason we chose to stay here was the location & the price. Hotel is situated a couple minutes walk from Bangla street, which is the most happening street at Patong beach.
The hotel is clean and the room I was in was very spacious. Hotel staff were courteous. They sent housekeeping at request, to send fresh towels, water, etc. Service was prompt. Perfect for couples, groups and most importantly for people who want to party hard all night at bangla street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Yorkshire hotel offers a excellent quality on every aspect. Their service is second to none, especially Chomdao in the reception who is always ready to take care of your every need or question. The rooms are always clean and I especially like the gym and pool that must be one of the best in Patong. You will never regret a visit to the Yorkshire hotel.

Room Tip: The most price worthy maybe the standard deluxe room is, but I have stayed in the standard room and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank vksent
Reviewed June 29, 2013

1 minute walk to Bangla street, big modern shopping mall and Starbucks. 3 minute walk to the beach. I fell this hotel is the best location to everything. very clean. staff are all friendly and helpful all hours of the night. fantastic American breakfast. nice drinks at the bar.... very low price.

noisy because the clubs are next door playing music until 5:00 AM.... but I was ok with that.
amazing rook for only $35 a night.
I have stayed at 6 different hotels in Patong beach. now I will always stay at the Yorkshire. Everything I need is only 1 or 2 minute walk away.

Room Tip: most rooms are renovated. so ask for the renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple