“Has to be the most overpriced bar in Patong!”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to the "Yorkshire bar" to watch the Leeds United game as we thought it would have a good atmosphere - not! I fail to see what is Yorkshire about this bar. The staff were all dressed in football tops, not a Yorkshire team in sight. Fortunately we only had one beer each, at 230 bhats for two this is THE most expensive bar we have been to whilst on Phuket and Koh Samui - dont boher!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GailandDunc

Reviewed February 13, 2013

stayed here in February 2012. Overall, the place was average, to be generous. The attitude of the staff was appalling. We received a coupon booklet which had 2 for 1 pizzas at the pool restaurant. Another guest has ordered a pizza and it was what you would call a "family" pizza. We ordered 4 pizzas and when they came out (after about 30 minutes) they were 4 small pizzas. So basically we had paid for 2 big pizzas halved. We tried to ask the staff where it stated they were small pizzas and he just said "they're small pizzas" and walked away.

Do not stay here if you want a good nights sleep. The beds are rock hard and you'd have more luck sleeping on the bathroom floor.

The reception staff were average also. It seemed like we were putting them off their tasks by asking them any questions. The restaurant staff were unfriendly and even asking for the bill seemed to annoy them!

On a good note, the gym and pool here are amazing!

Location was also very good and so close to the main nightlife strip if you like to be in all the action.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although my modern and clean room wasnt big and didnt have a windows it was as advertised.

The location is perfect and the pool very good. Staff were helpfull and friendly. If I ever go back to Patong it will be to this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2013

To anyone familiar with the county of Yorkshire, England and its reputation this is a no brainer. The hotel is a solid, honest value for money establishment with no fancy friparies or pretentions. It is clean,comfortable and well run. The Thai staff are friendly, efficient and numerous.

I booked a large double. The room was indeed large. It needed to be as the bed appeared to be about half an acre. The decor was plain and simple in keeping with the general stadards of the place. There is everything you need and nothing you dont. Fittings were solid modern and in good order. Efficient airconditioning and shower, flat screen tv with all the free channels. Good natural light with a view of adjoining rooftops if you want it or an effective louvre blind if not.

Location is central, exactly as advertised There is a large light airy resaurant at the front serving good local food plus the usual western dishes and some traditional English specials.

It should be said that the place is over at least three floors with no elevator so check room allocation if you have mobility issues. It is probably not ideal for young families but very popular with couples groups and singles.

Only downside for me is that it is very popular. Cant always get in so book early

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A group of 16 stayed at the Yorkshire in November 2012. They provided quick turnaround on rooms and reservations and were very accommodating and quick in getting everyone settled in.
We requested a bbq to hold a function on one of the nights and they prepared one of the best bbq's I've had at a very reasonable cost and very well set up. The staff of the hotel and restaurants were brilliant and helpful and went out of their way to even prepare food for take-away in the mornings. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been a solo world traveler for sometime but had never been to Phuket. I was leery of picking this hotel since I knew so little about it but I'm really glad I took that chance. For starters it is in a prime location from all the action of Bangla Rd. but not too close so as to keep you awake at night. There were a couple of noisy nights.....one was with construction across the street (why anyone was working at 2:30am was beyond me) and the other was from some noisy folks in the other room (but the front desk was quick to respond to that). Perhaps the single greatest asset about the hotel itself is the phenomenal broadband wifi it has. I was able to download and stream media with speeds well exceeding my expectations. The staff were very friendly and always acknowledged my presense with a friendly Sawadee Kaa whenever I walked by. I never used the spa so I only gave it an average rating since there is no N/A rating. As for the average breakfast rating that also applies to lunch and dinner. The food fell a bit short of my expectations.....too bland for the price I paid. Luckily there are dozens of other eateries within 50 yards in either direction with better food for your bhat. The dining room and bar were both very comfortable and the multiple TVs were a nice plus. My only real complaint is that they only allow you to have one key for your room, which of course you also have to insert in a slot to turn the power on. I like my room nice and cool when I walk in after a day of fun but to do that I was forced to leave my key in the slot, lock myself out and ask the staff to open my door when I returned. I even offered to pay extra for an extra key but they said no.

Overall I would definitely book this hotel again when (not if) I return to Phuket. The location alone is worth the price especially since it is also right around the corner from a muy thai kickboxing stadium!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top floor so as to avoid the party noise at night.