“Great hotel”

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The yorkshire is an excelent hotel with great staff and in an ideal locaction highly recomended place to stay when i was there the staff went out of there way to make sure my holiday was everything i was hoping for and all meal were well above of all my expections would stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Booked a delux room understood were no windows in some rooms so requested room with window not realising window looked out to corridor which had a light on all night. Room was very noisy when football game was on in the hotel bar. Most nights was woken up in the early hours of the morning. Also could hear something running around in the ceiling, either a rat or very large cock roach. Also were signs of bed bugs. Pool area was very good and so was the gym. However, was a public spa and any paying member of the public was able use it. Also you had pay extra for food and drinks to have at the pool bar. I'd advise people to stay somewhere cheaper an just pay to use the pool an spa there for your holiday. Staff were slow and I was short changed on last day then staff virtually ignored me when I tried complain but as my taxi to airport had arrived I had no time to complain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nick548
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My second time at the Yorkshire and again had a very good stay. The rooms we had booked were not available for first two nights and were were upgraded without delay. Stayed for 2 weeks, the location is very central to entertainment and shopping. No need for taxis :).
Staff are always smiling and ready to help and make you welcome every time you come back after days out. Meals are good although plenty of choices close by.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. Pool very relaxing. Will return. Recommended for solo visits and couples.
Stayed October 2012

1  Thank J0hnA13
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Booked double deluxe room but first 2 nights they werent available so got upgraded to an apartment for no extra cost. The apartment was lovely and clean and so was the double deluxe room when we got there. My only gripe was the apartment were I stayed was next door to the main hotel and corridor smelt mouldy, but once inside the apartment it was 1st class and very clean. When moved to our original booking of dbl deluxe room, it was very clean and comfortable with king size bed and ensuite. Okay not 5 star but really very nice and comfortable. I was concerned about the low price of the accommodation and what I would actually get but was pleasantly surprised on how good the rooms were. I have previously stayed in resorts in Patong 4.5 - 5 star and they were basically on par with those. Although the resorts offered more and more suitable for families.
I would not recommend this hotel for families. This hotel seems to cater for single men. Close to Bangla Rd, shopping and beach, great location.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel very well located and good quality
I stayed in this hotel several times: I tested and I was pleased with the rooms and suites: Arncliffe, luxury apartments and large de luxe room.
Very friendly and helpful staff
Sauna, steam room, gym and very nice swiming pool. The hotel is very well equipped
Very good restaurant: I love their English breakfast
I therefore strongly advice this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel has everything that you want great staff clean rooms great food. I was sorry at the end off my stay that I had to go home had early check in so had to leave at 4 in the morning and didn't get chance to thank staff for a wonderful stay but will be back in April and will get chance then.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Yorkshire Inn is like the curate's egg - good in parts. I would recommend this hotel, however stay away from the standard room; my room was very small, advertised at 17 sq metres, but this includes the bathroom and much of the space was taken up by wardrobes, desk and other storage units (which were more than adequate). I had to squeeze through a space of around 25cm in order to get into the bed. Additionally, the room had one small window which opened directly on to the wall of another building, which you could easily touch. There are better rooms available, and I would recommend one of these. While there were many TV screens in the bar showing excellent quality pictures, the TV in my room showed a very poor, noisy, image across all channels and while I did not use the TV much in was not really possible to watch it for any length of time.

Having mentioned the negative points, now for the good. The location is very central, opposite the end of Soi Bangla, but not affected by the noise. Around 10 minutes walk to the beach, with many excellent restaurants nearby. Good (English) food in the hotel, however the advertised prices do not include tax and service charge. Friendly and helpful staff, safety boxes at reception, large pool and access to an excellent gym for those who want to be energetic.

My rating for this hotel is based purely on the room that I booked, maybe I should have looked in more detail at what was said about this; a larger room would have warranted a higher rating, but I am reviewing the standard room.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard room