Lowest prices for your stay
$18
Priceline$17
Hotels.com$18
Trip.com$24
1,061 results
All reviews bangla road tuk tuk patong beach central location thai food phyu gym baht
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Booked double deluxe room but first 2 nights they werent available so got upgraded to an apartment for no extra cost. The apartment was lovely and clean and so was the double deluxe room when we got there. My only gripe was the apartment were I stayed was next door to the main hotel and corridor smelt mouldy, but once inside the apartment it was 1st class and very clean. When moved to our original booking of dbl deluxe room, it was very clean and comfortable with king size bed and ensuite. Okay not 5 star but really very nice and comfortable. I was concerned about the low price of the accommodation and what I would actually get but was pleasantly surprised on how good the rooms were. I have previously stayed in resorts in Patong 4.5 - 5 star and they were basically on par with those. Although the resorts offered more and more suitable for families.
I would not recommend this hotel for families. This hotel seems to cater for single men. Close to Bangla Rd, shopping and beach, great location.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel very well located and good quality
I stayed in this hotel several times: I tested and I was pleased with the rooms and suites: Arncliffe, luxury apartments and large de luxe room.
Very friendly and helpful staff
Sauna, steam room, gym and very nice swiming pool. The hotel is very well equipped
Very good restaurant: I love their English breakfast
I therefore strongly advice this hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel has everything that you want great staff clean rooms great food. I was sorry at the end off my stay that I had to go home had early check in so had to leave at 4 in the morning and didn't get chance to thank staff for a wonderful stay but will be back in April and will get chance then.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Yorkshire Inn is like the curate's egg - good in parts. I would recommend this hotel, however stay away from the standard room; my room was very small, advertised at 17 sq metres, but this includes the bathroom and much of the space was taken up by wardrobes, desk and other storage units (which were more than adequate). I had to squeeze through a space of around 25cm in order to get into the bed. Additionally, the room had one small window which opened directly on to the wall of another building, which you could easily touch. There are better rooms available, and I would recommend one of these. While there were many TV screens in the bar showing excellent quality pictures, the TV in my room showed a very poor, noisy, image across all channels and while I did not use the TV much in was not really possible to watch it for any length of time.

Having mentioned the negative points, now for the good. The location is very central, opposite the end of Soi Bangla, but not affected by the noise. Around 10 minutes walk to the beach, with many excellent restaurants nearby. Good (English) food in the hotel, however the advertised prices do not include tax and service charge. Friendly and helpful staff, safety boxes at reception, large pool and access to an excellent gym for those who want to be energetic.

My rating for this hotel is based purely on the room that I booked, maybe I should have looked in more detail at what was said about this; a larger room would have warranted a higher rating, but I am reviewing the standard room.

Room tip: Don't book a standard room
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asia-traveller-2
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I arrived at the Yorkshire Inn Hotel with three friends. I had booked two superior large deluxe rooms and one large double deluxe. First experience was that the hotel was located centrally next to everything you need. You walk through the restaurant to get to the reception. At the time we arrived in around 6 pm the lady there who checked us in was not very welcoming. there was 4 of us and we had booked the three rooms to be located next to one another about 1.5 months in advance. They told us that the rooms will not be next to each other because the guy in one of the rooms had not moved out. I was also promised a VIP card for the restaurant upon arrival but the receptionist was not able to provide us the coupons because the manager was already gone for the day. That put aside, I complained and the next day our rooms were put next to one another and the VIP card was provided but we were a little upset and decided not to use the restaurant. I may add that the restaurant food at Yorkshire restaurant is over priced.

We didn't really get a chance to use the pool and gym but most of us were pretty impressed by the size of the gym.

The rest of our stay we had a fairly good experience with the staff but again we were rarely in the hotel. The rooms were pretty modern. The bed was a little stiff but tolerable.
The reason this review gets a 3 star and not 4 was the noise level outside. Because of its close proximity to many bars there is loud music playing outside until 3 or 4 in the morning sometimes and I feel having double layered windows could extremely help the situation. I found it somewhat difficult to sleep and I am a very heavy sleeper.

At the end the hotel did provide a good service. One last thing, at the end of my stay the hotel wanted to charge my room for laundry that I never did and after bringing it to the attention of the receptionist she took it off the final bill. I believe that the rooms are over priced but the location is what you're mainly paying for. No need to take a tuktuk to go back to the hotel which usually costs around 200 bahts ($6).

Room tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel that there is no bars
Date of stay: November 2012