The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Amari.com
$151
$124
MGallery
The KEE Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$122
$75
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$70
$41
$102
$99
Agoda.com
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$94
$72
  • Breakfast included
$64
$58
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$159
$115
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$85
$81
  • Pool
All reviewslarge double deluxebangla roadsteam room and saunahotel gymgreat gymtuk tukstandard roompool barperfect locationpatong beachnight lifecleaning staffair conminute walk to the beachthai foodenjoyed my staywalking street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at the yorkshire for 4 days in august, booked a double delux room which was large, clean and well kept, but the beds are very firm. We chose to stay here due to the reviews about the amazing breakfast, and after 3 weeks traveling thailand i needed a good full english but i was dissapointed, for what we paid for it i would have expected abit more, but the yorkshire tea was amazing. We also had dinner one night in the restraunt and again paid alot of money for an average meal, dont get me wrong it looked amazing and the chef obviously put alot of effort into making it but the chips wer not all fully cooked and the fish i had tasted off in placed, however this was only mine as my partners was perfect and would have been worth the money. We chose to eat at fiddys guesthouse over the road for breakfast and found it very cheap and amazing food, would recomend here to those money watchers!.
We also found the Wifi very unpredicatable, on a number of occasions we wanted to research our next point of travel or skype our relatives and found the wifi would not work, we took this up with reception who were very nice but said there was nothing they could do, which we understand but at the time was highly irritating.
Also on our last day we decided to have a relax by the pool, only to find repair work going on and the pool drained and only a small sign at reception. we understand there was damage due to a flood however in a 4 star hotel, we expected to be better informed and it would have been nice to offer even maybe a complementary drink for the inconvenience.
The hotel is very well located 2 minuates from the large shopping centre, bangla road and about a 10 minuate walk to the beach. Overall it was a reasonable stay for us. But we would not come back only due to the fact that patong is not for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheYorkshireHotel, General Manager at The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

We are happy your enjoyed your English Breakfast, but it’s a shame you didn’t feel that it was value for money.
With two eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, toast, and grilled tomatoes with tea of coffee and juice, at only 199 THB, many guests feel this is great value.

If you are looking for a cheaper Breakfast, then Fiddys is the place, however you get what you pay for.

We apologize that the WI-FI wasn’t great, and that our swimming pool was out of use, due to the recent tropical storms, but that really was out of ours hands.
The Yorkshire Management did put a notice and both our main reception and Leisure Centre reception explaining about the closure of the swimming pool.

All in all we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have just completed my fourth stay in four years at the Yorkshire so that says something in itself.

This year my stay was for about three weeks in a large double deluxe room on the second floor and it was perfect. Due to the central and conveniant location of the hotel, I have found noise to sometimes be an issue but I have to say this room was great, no outside noise whatsoever, marvellous for the odd quiet night in.

The standout positives for me for the Yorkshire are simple. 1. Staff 2. Location 3. Facilities

All my experiences with staff were positive, in particular reception staff and housekeeping staff. Always provided great service with a smile, nothing was ever too much and always happy to chat or provide great insights!

Location is perfect as it is close to nightlife, shopping, restaurants etc.

Great pool area with ample sunbeds (this has been an issue for me at other hotels) although I would agree with a previous reviewer in that they could mix up the music a little more, but only a small gripe. Sadly towards the end of my stay the pool was damaged due to flooding but this was beyond control and was to be repaired within 10 days or so.

All in all another great holiday helped hugely by the team at the Yorkshire. Keep up the good work and I hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review and supporting The Yorkshire.

We really enjoyed reading your charming review, which we show to all the staff, just so they know their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.

The Pool is just having some final repairs and will be open in a couple of days.
We take notice, regarding the poolside music, and will get some new tracks in time for your next stay.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here from Aug-19 to Aug22, 2012. My experience with this hotel was so good, that I can't think of any other Hotel, if I go Phuket next time.
Starting with staff- Always welcoming and the smile on their face make the day more beautiful. From the bellboy to Paul, the owner, everyone was helpful in all the ways they can. Check-in and Check-out was unbelievably fast.
Food - I don't know why, but I didn't even tried food anywhere else. be it the Thai food or the English, it was all wonderful. Taste was mouthwatering. Open kitchen, hence hygienic condition confirmed.
Bar- Sports bar design was very good, just as the way I think a sports bar should be. Good drinks, Nice choice of cocktails.
Room- I loved the theme, a kind of dark ambiance, which I loved very much specially during the drinks time. Digital locker was of great use for me. Minibar with good choice of cans in there.
Location- Seconds away from the most happening Nightlife and Jungceylon mall.

A hotel stay or rather a home stay in Phuket can't get better than this.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review.

We are pleased you enjoyed all expects of The Yorkshire including the staff, hotel and restaurant.

We strive to make our guests feel like the Yorkshire is there home away from home.

We hope to see you again.

Thank you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed here for eight nights and was generally impressed. Everyone was very friendly except a moody staff member who demanded my key when i used the gym.
Rooms were clean and tidy and well sound proofed from the noise outside. I was frustrated though with late night noise of the doors slamming automatically shut from my neighbours rooms. The corridors are noise traps in this respect so bring earplugs!
They have a good but expensive food and drink menu, the food is excellent though. They need to invest in new music for restaraunt though as if i here adelle one more time i may do myself a mischief. Also Whitney Houston "i will always love you" is not appropriate music for half time in a soccer match.
I would most likely stay again despite these nuances.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

We are glad that you found most of our staff friendly, and we rarely receive a bad word about them.
If you would kindly send us an email to info@theyorkshirehotel.com concerning the moody staff member, we would like to take this matter up.

It’s a real shame that you had a noisy neighbor during your stay, however if you would have informed our reception, we could have moved your room.

The Yorkshire restaurant, is indeed a bit more expensive than other restaurants and street food, but paying 500 THB (10 English Pounds) for a decent Steak, really isn’t allot.

Adele and Whitney Houston are indeed over played in the restaurant, but our Thai Staff just love some good old fashioned love music !
We will try to introduce some new music.

We thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Yorkshire Inn Hotel represents excellent value for money to the many, different types of tourists visiting Patong. It is located right next to and opposite dive shops (One even has a dive training pool), has easy access to different forms of local transport and tours, and presents numerous quality eateries within a short walk. AND that is before you even get to the main bar area of Patong, Bangla, which is literally a two minute walk away.

Families, backpackers and the nightlife adventurers from different countries all mix quite readily in the reception area, the gym, swimming pool and restaurant. The staff promotes a friendly and cordial atmosphere which permeates through to the guests to enhance an efficient service and hygienic room cleanliness.

Let's be clear, The Yorkshire is not The Ritz but it offers a value-for money-experience in the heart of Patong. A number of different room types are on offer to suit the budget of many a traveller but elsewhere they won't get the added value of a swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam rooms, as well as the choice of dining in a modern restaurant or by the pool-side. Oh and don't forget the location, location and location!

Having stayed in many hotels around the world that have ranged from the over-priced for luxury to the over-priced for nothing, The Yorkshire Inn Hotel Patong is not only a tremendous value-for-money option but also one of quality. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Although the number of rooms are not that high, there is a range of room types (including apartments) to suit all. A standard room would be considered small by some but it is perfectly good for those who don't intend to be entertaining any ballroom dancing sessions. Some rooms are quieter than others and some guests should request ground floor accommodation if an extra two floors of stairs are too much. Rooms can be requested with a 'view' or without. Some third floor standard rooms have a window that looks on to the adjacent building only a few feet away. But, hey, it keeps the room dark for sleeping in the early morning sun ....... and the afternoon sun as well come to that! However, there are plenty of other options for the non-vampire-related guests who would like to see more of the day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo