While the rooms are very nice and the views unbeatable, it is not a place to stay if you want easy access to the beach.
We had a Deluxe Room ($30 USD per night) with a balcony that overlooked the infinity-like pool and had a magnificent view of patong city and the beach.
- Views are unbeatable
- Rooms are stylish and clean
- Infinity-like pool pretty nice
- Website advertises "Complimentary Shuttle Service" to the beach. This was a reason we chose this hotel. Even though its location was not close to the Patong City/Beach, we believed we would get shuttle service to/from the beach, keeping our expenses to a minimum. When we checked in, we were told that the shuttle service was not running b/c it was the "low season". Great. Those looking at this hotel should be warned that walking to the beach from this hotel is not possible with the steep hill and 2km distance. Everytime we wanted to go into town, the taxi would cost 2000 Baht ($6 USD) each way. We would've been better off getting a nicer resort on the beach.
- Staff was friendly, but strangely indifferent.
- Guestrooms have safes, but are not useable until a 2000 Baht ($60 USD) refundable deposit is provided. This was not an issue, however, it would've been nice if they mentioned this at check-in, so we wouldn't have to make our way back down to the lobby just to get the lock & key for the safe.
This is a nice hotel for the price, but for those that are thinking they will be saving money staying here, think again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilltop Hotel, PatongIf you are going to spoil yourself and have the best view over Patong and the Andaman Sea, you should try staying in one of our luxury rooms with 24/7 room service.Even on the hottest days the fresh breeze from the ocean and the mountain makes it an excellent place to relax by the pool.The Hotel is located minutes from downtown Patong, where you have easy access to all the famous and exciting nightlife, markets, shopping districts and beach. Our complimentary transfer to Patong means easy and convenient access to all of Patong.The Hotel is under Danish management, who is always available with a wide range of advice and services which will make your stay unforgettable. The hotel is also known for our restaurant with a well assorted menu card. The keyword is quality no matter if we talk Danish, International or Thai dishes and all are homemade.We are looking forward to giving you an unforgettable stay here at Phuket. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hilltop Hotel Patong, Phuket