“Nice hotel in the heart of Patong Beach”
Review of Tony Resort

Tony Resort
Ranked #74 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Ninove, Belgium
“Nice hotel in the heart of Patong Beach”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed at the Tony resort for one week after we went on a beautiful dive cruise on the Similan Islands around Christmas time.
Thailand is literally almost the "other site of the world" for me (Belgium) , but Patong doubles the surprise! I have never seen a city like Patong in my life! The traffic (people there drive like crazy!), the warmth, beautiful beach, elephants on the street, ... Unbelievable!
This hotel is situated in the middel of the city, 500m from the beach and restaurants boulevard, so locating was perfect. We had a room with view on the inner court. The room wase spacious, clean, with a good airco and ... quite! In contrary of the constant noice outsite (city center!), we didin't have any problems sleeping at night. The pool on the inner court was also nice and clean.

The rooms are fine, breakfast also OK, so I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to check out the sparkling city center of Patong.
But if you are looking for a more calm place to stay or for a family holiday, I'm convinced that Phuket has other hotels to offer!

• Stayed December 2007
2 Thank Gerdi082

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Shanghai
Reviewed December 18, 2007

This is a nice place. It is basic and the rooms are big and airy, you get what you pay for. If you pay more than THB2,200 a night for this place then you are paying too much (as of Dec 2007) The breakfast is very basic so don't think you are getting a great buffet, it is small and there is basic cereal. The towels and sheets are old but clean and the pools are nice. They could do with some more maintenance but overall the staff is good and friendly. Ask for Mr. A, he is the front desk Manager and a very good operator. He speaks a few languages which helps too.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Old Towels
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kristian_page
Ballina, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2007

Tony Resort was my fifth choice and I should have kept looking. On check in I was shown to my room - they advertise all rooms overlook pool but my old, tired looking room was overlooking a small, green, slimy pool in middle of carpark! I complained to the manager and had luckily taken a printout of their website photos showing rooms in other wing overlooking nice pool with swimup bar. He agreed to move me the following day. Always take a print out of their website photos!

The second room I was given the next day was on the second from top floor in the other wing - above was storage space which had wind blowing things around all night preventing a decent night's sleep. However, outlook was much nicer; over the pool and room was satisfactory.

Pool OK but there was a terrible sewerage smell near the swimup bar and chairs on that side, which was the only side that got the sun in the morning. So I only spent one morning by the pool and the rest of my stay at the beach.

Location OK but I prefer other hotels I have stayed in on the beach road.

Breakfast Ok but no lime with Paypaya?! and only one regular toaster. Staff pleasant but limited English except for managers. One bellboy broke the pulling handle of my suitcase but when I complained to manager he agreed to have it repaired. This was achieved satisfactorily.

I would never stay at Tony resort again. After first day I was only there to sleep (or try to). Luckily I had friends staying in another resort otherwise I would have missed relaxing by the pool as I have done in other resorts in Phuket.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Smell and slimy second pool
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank LMT_001traveller

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Sydney
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We stayed here on a necessary stopover to Lanta. In the context of it being in Phuket (which I think is a dump) it's not a bad place, but then there's nothing that really makes you think it's that good either. Breakfast is better than expected, the rooms are ok (don't book a suite, basically a slightly larger than normal double), they’re clean, they've made a bit of an effort to fill them with semi authentic furniture. If you’re having a stopover or in Phuket for the nightlife and ‘culture’ then it’s fine, anything more then you’ll be need to spend a little more of your hard earned cash.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — It being in Phuket
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dan&Zoi
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2007

(this review is from the point of view of a year long budget traveller)

This is a brand new build, room only complex, owned and runned by the same people of Tonys Resort just across the road.

The rooms are spacious, modern and clean, with tv, fridge, hot water, a/c and power showers.

The small check in desk was efficienct and friendly.

There is no lift, and the accommodation starts on the first floor.
The front facing rooms have much bigger balconies, and overlook the small market.

This complex is set back from the main road, and thus we found it to be quiet. However, there is currently building works going on on both sides of this complex, that started about 8.30am until 6pm, but we never found this too obstructive.

This accommodation is opposite the road from Christins Massage (the big pink building) Walk through the market area to find the reception.

We negotiated 850 baht a night, but these prices go up in January, they ask for 1500, but i think you could barter down to 1200.

We choose this accommodation as a budget option, but my parents (who stayed at swish Tonys Resort and paid 3 times our price) saw our rooms and were very impressed, and said they would easily stay there.

Remember, room only, no pool, cafe, room service.

Stayed November 2006
Bristol
Reviewed January 26, 2007

Stayed at Tony Resort for one week from 19th Jan 2007.

Pros
Location is great - only a few minutes walk to the beach and the busy nightlife of Patong.

Rooms are large and spacious with good showers and excellent air con! The rooms overlook the pool which is nice. The rooms were generally quiet; you couldnt hear any of the noise from Patong. A mini fridge is provided.

Excellent value for money - if you are prepared to take a chance on availability you can negotiate the price of the rooms. We paid approx £30 a night for the room excluding breakfast.

Staff were lovely and very helpful - if you make an effort to be nice to the people they will be nice back!

Pool large and very welcoming after a day on the beach. The pool area never got too busy. Towels are provided.

Cons
There are only a few sunbeds by the pool but we never had a problem getting a bed when we wanted one.

The pool area only has sun partly throughout the day - again this was never a problem when you have the beach on your doorstep.

There was some noise on a couple of nights from neighbouring guests coming in late. But then again you are in Patong so what do you expect!

Summary - overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Frizzy1Bristol
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2006

I stayed there for 3 nights. The staff was rude and unhelpful. When I called the front desk for some assistance, the staff slammed down the phone on me. AVOID this place like the plague. There are many better options along the stretch to stay at. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Before, i thought that the Thais had the best hospitality in the world but now this has spoilt my holiday and my impression of phuket.

• Stayed June 2006