“BAD - Unprofessional and dishonest staff, room was lousy”
Review of Tony Resort

Tony Resort
Ranked #68 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in Tony Resort from 28/2/2013 until 3/3/2013. I was given a small room, the furniture was old and the air conditioning was not working. It was hot and humid in Phuket and I was suffering in the blistering heat. The photos are completely different from the actual room. I had an accident and my hand was in a cast- the staff showed NO concern at all, intact they acted as though they did not understand English. However when it came to asking for tips and $$ they understood English very well. What annoyed me was when i tried to get a room change, the staff pretended they did not under stand English, and when i asked for the Manager the reply was " Manager in Phuket town" and " Manager don't know how to speak English". Is this professionalism? Is this Honest?
Next when i was to check out, I was charged TH Bhat 1500 for my taxi, I later found out the taxi fare was only TH Bhat 800, the staff must have pocketed the extra fees. I was also charged TH Bhat 350 for drinking ater, despite the fact the hotel supplies complimentary drinking water.
I feel Trip Advisor should look into this matter and if possible NOT advertise this hotel on its website. I am happy to talk to the Manager of this hotel, since he was in Phuket town at the time i went through my ordeal in this hotel. I dare the Manager to contact me, i will provide the name of the staff in question to him so something can be done.
I would advise all travelers and tourists NOT to stay in this hotel. Look around for other places.

Room Tip: Sorry i have no tips
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank SuChee_13

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here after having been on 2 remote Islands and we wanted a bit more luxury from the backpacking style of travel to end our third trip to Thailand.

We stayed in one of the dearest rooms at 3150 bahts. This is the most expensive we have ever paid but it was to take benefit of being ground floor and right on the poolside. The room was fine although at night the lights kept flickering on occasionaly until one night I found an upturned cockroach in the bathroom that had fallen from the fan vent opening. He appeared very stunned and I assume he had eletrocuted himself on something above the ceiling as we didn't have flickering lights after that.
Pool was good and the rooms were cleaned to a high standard. Breakfast was very basic and the WIFI which only exists in the reception is very hit and miss and drove me nuts trying to connect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We found this hotel by luck as we walked around Phuket. It is situated on the main road but you could not hear any of the hustle and bussle that was going on outside. The room we had was large with fridge,kettle,tv,twin beds and a large balcony over looking the large swimming pool. We ate in the hotel a couple of times and it was very nice and plenty of it.I have read a few of the other reviews and must say that i am shocked by a few of the comments as my stay at tonys was great. The location is great and you could not wish for better rooms for the price (2000 baht). I would have no problem returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: The new food court just off Banla Road is fab for all your street food
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ELLIS-LINDA
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Really bad! Old room and no hot weather. For this facility Tony Resort really expensive. No WiFi on 5-floor if want to use internet must down on loby with terible connection.
I ordering the hotel room on internet and they give me a good picture room. But truth to be honest, the room really different and look like the cheapest room one. I feel misguided about the room facility.

Room Tip: TONY Resort located near local market in Patong. Really easy to find but if you wanna go to Patong w...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank unamaruna29
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel was a miserable experience. Not only were the staff rude and unhelpful, but the hotel does not look anything like it does on the internet. The breakfast is sub par and I wouldn't ever think about eating any other meal there. The room service consists of the maids pulling up the blankets and throwing the pillows on the bed. Additionally, the wifi rarely connects in the lobby or your room and the staff are either too rude to help or don't understand english so cannot help. All in all I would have rather stayed in a hostel than at this poor excuse of a "resort and spa".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gmoropall
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a good area close to everything you might wan`t. Rooms are a good size and clean as are the bathrooms. The air con was the best Iv`e ever had. Its well staffed and friendly. Only down side is no room safe so you have to share a key with reception for your lobby safe( both keys required to open it} and you cannot get staff key between 10pm and 7.30am.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good as recently built and 2 lifts
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

While Phuket (patong) itself is far from a place I would recommend (had a flight stop-over), Tony Resort was a bit of a surprise. A nice pool, deep enough for a shallow dive and far far better than the overcrowded beach- Room was clean, quiet and had all the bits and pieces needed. Could not get the hot water - but in 35C - who needs it?. Wireless network worked fine in the reception area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends