“Has it all!”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #35 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed here with 4 girlfriends 48-55 years old. On arrival we were told our booked/requested rooms were not available, however the manager had authorised an upgrade. I was sceptical and ready to object, but when we saw the "suites" we had been upgraded to it was hard to hide our delight:)

Hotel had a good mix of singles, families, nationalities and ages. Great location, friendly staff, very clean with all ameniteies close by. Close enough to walk to the infamous Batong Road and far enough away to avoide. Rooms were well air conditioned and quiet. Beds were comforatable but very firm. The Bar & Grill was reasonably priced and a nice meal. Lots of great eateries close by.

We had a number of wet days, but this did not impact on our holiday as we picked our activities to suit the weather.

We did not use the in house tour booking service believing we could probably cut a better deal on the streets, however found we paid a high price on a couple of things anyway, despite using a recommended contact. Whilst the attractions are worth seeing first hand, don't believe the brouchers, we were there in the off season and the Phi Phi island tour was incredibly crowded at every stop.

If you are a wine buff like me, learn to live without it, sorry but even the expensive Italian/French/Australian/etc wines on offer are the bottom of the barrell, when I told one restauranter I was from the Hunter Valley, he told me to have beer!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,849)

Reviewed October 14, 2010

GREAT PLACE visited with a group of friends. The hotel is a little musty in areas but this is from the terrifying event that happened a few years ago. The staff are helpfull and pleasant. The rooms are clean. There is plenty todo shopping and night life in Bangla Road is not far take a walk or catch a tuk tuk. Plenty of restuarants on the way. Breakfast is great a big range of different foods to cater for everyone. Make sure you visit fantasea this is a must and simons caberet. The pool areas are relaxing and the bar is great . I have travelled a bit of thailand and this hotel i would return to.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bwisetraveller
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed at gracelands in September with my husband, my parents and my 2 young children. (3 and 5). We did not know what to expect after reading some negative reviews here. I did email the hotel before hand and requested a deluxe pool view room as mentioned by some readers to do that. I got an email back saying all pool view rooms booked out!
We got there and all I could think was how bad our room was going to be and that I'd have to tell them we dont like it and to please move us.But that was not the case we got 2 interconnecting rooms which was really good. We had ground floor garden view deluxe rooms in building 5. I tell you we had so much privacy it was actually better for us to have this type of room. It was quiet, nice garden setting and my kids were actually content to stay in the room whereas if they could see the pools they would want to be in there 24/7.
Our travel agent had also mentioned it was our 10 year anniversary and upon arrival we had rose petals in our jacuzzi and the bed had 2 swans made out of hand towels and petals. It was a lovely touch to the beginning of our stay. It was also my birthday during this time and they supplied us with a cake on that day (lovely thought but cake tasted horrible)
The staff adored my children everytime they saw them they would stop them and talk to them or hi five them and laugh with them my daughters loved the attention. My children also enjoyed looking at the shark in the aquarium in the lobby and the fish at the main entrance.
The pools were magnificant, and the childrens pool was very good, they played for hours, we got the sun loungers that were a foot away. They were safe and I enjoyed watching them make friends in the pools.
Had no problem with breakfast plenty of food and could always find something to feed my fussy little eaters. yes it can get crazy after 8.30am but what do you expect people sleep in because their on holidays. I went a couple of times with my little one because she woke up early and I really enjoyed the difference it was so quiet!
For Dinner they have theme nights which they should advertise better because the resturant is empty with only a few tables of people. My husband and my father stumbled there on a sunday night by accident while my mum and I were shopping and had the best seafood buffet ever for 650baht.
This was a great hotel and for what you pay I wouldnt be complaining.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sydneyfaith
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Traveled to the Graceland for 10 nights in Sep / Oct 10 with family (girls 13 & 8). Was feeling quite comfortable noting the balance of reviews from TripAdvisor. As we expected, everything was great. I'll try and note some of the key points...
Staff - were friendly and very helpful. Remember be nice to them, they are working in a very big hotel with a lot of tourists.
Room - was clean, comfortable (except the bed but hey, it's Thailand and they're all hard - besides TBH200 ($7.00) for a head, neck and shoulder massage is worth it!). We were in a Superior room that did not have a balcony. Trust me, pay the extra and get a room with a pool view. Would have been awesome to sit out there and have a cold one of an afternoon...
Location - northern "quiet" end of Patong which suited us fine. The southern end seemed so much more busier that where we were (full of ugly drunken Aussies!). This would be fine if we had traveled without the kids...
Laundry - along the lane toward the back street. Very clean and neatly folded (@ $2 per kilo)
Pools - both were awesome except for the standard rude people that 'claim' their seats first thing in the morning and then go on a towel. I hope you all get ripped off by a doggy taxi driver!!! I ended up moving a couple of peoples towels one day - I'd been there since 9am and it was now 2pm, there were no lounges left and a family needed it. When the 'claimants' came back (at 4pm) I just kept reading my book and smiled!
Food - at night, head south along the back road (Rat U Tid 200 Pee Rd) until you see a 7 Eleven. Across from it will be a heap of night cafes in a carpark. We ate there four nights in a row and for $30 each night, it was a feed and a half! Jantrathip Seafood was our vendor of choice. They were great! Don't be scared about their aggressive approach to get you to join them for dinner, it's how they work.
Tours - go for www.phuketsailtours.com They're an aussie family who will look after you all. Check out their blog on this website. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. For about $20 more, you will be on a boat with only eight tourists rather than 100! We also did the "Bukit Safari and Eco Tour". I wouldn't recommend that unless you want to do the elephant ride, feed the baby elephant, monkey show (poor), thai cooking show (poor) and snake show (poor) in half a day... Watch out for the constant requests for tips also!
Shopping - southern end of Patong (south of Jungcelon) we found was the best spot. Ask other tourists on what they are getting their stuff for. It helped when I found the shirts I liked and said "200 THB"? The shop owner simply agreed...
Avoid - Beach restaraunt (just south of the stage on Beach Rd) unless you want to pay close to $30 per head for a standard Thai meal. Retail outlets in Jungcelon unless you have money to burn. People offering "free" holidays etc... this is a cheap trick trying to get you to purchase real estate in Phuket from a company called Absolute. They will waste your day and then demand a deposit. We didn't fall for this but a few others at Graceland did. Such a shame as it will leave a very sour taste in those people's mouths when it comes to visiting Phuket again.

Overall, I would defenately stay at Graceland again however I would (1) go for Deluxe Pool View room and (2) purchase a bloody foam mattress protector from a local store (would be very cheap if you found a local thai store) to soften the bed.

Hope readers have found this review helpful.

7  Thank anttrish
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed at Graceland with my husband and children 17 and 13. When you arrive, make sure you have 100 baht to tip bellboy and he will be very happy. Hotel was very clean, staff courteous, pool delightful. it is just down the road from main area of Patong beach, easy walk or pay tuk tuk 100 baht. Only negative comment is the beds are very hard, but common problem in most hotels in patong . Nice places to eat at back of resort and we recommend Mr Sun Phuket for all your tour needs..

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Travel - 1 October - 8 October 2010

I travelled with a friend and our 4 children (ages 7,8,9,10) for 8 days. We booked deluxe pool view rooms and I am not sure if we were upgraded or not to a sea view but we were in the front block that did have sea views (room 2513 and 2515). We were also ground floor which we had requested

Room: Large rooms with queen bed and king single, yes the beds are hard but I have slept in worst. The bathroom was very spacious with a separate bath and shower. (these were not the bathrooms shown in the pictures with the glass walls so this is why I think we may have had the grand deluxe, I am not sure). Very clean with all towels replaced daily (and the correct amount of towels daily!) and plenty of shampoo etc. Room was cleaned daily to a high level. Bar fridge was standard bar size. Room was right in front of pool which was very handy having kids in and out all day. We would through things from our porch to our sunlounger we were that close! Every moring at 6am sharp someone would walk around and flip the mats on the sun loungers which is very noisy!

Pools: Good size pools, lots of sunloungers, however sometimes hard to get one with an umbrella. Plenty of towels, open from 8am-8pm. Good kids pool, however does go straight into the bigger pool so you should be careful they don't topple over the wall! Also note that EVERYONE seems to smoke by the pool, not non smoking like some countries.

Grounds: Clean grounds, very spacious feeling. Yes there can be a smell like sewerage sometimes but this is typical of Thailand and didnt last long.

Pool bar: Only used this to order hot chips and satay chicken for lunch ($8 each I think!). The waiters walk around very infrequently so if you need anything you really need to walk to the bar to order.

Kids club: very basic, had 2 playstations and some soft play equipment. All our kids visited occassionally when they needed some quiet time or some indoor time.

Bowling Alley: very fun, cant remember prices but very cheaps by Australian prices.

Buffet Breakfast: Excellent selection. Very crowded but I do think the hotel was fully booked . Hot food kept in wrmers was cold most of the time, however they were quite happy to cook me hot waffles when I asked and also they cook omlets to order. The eggs are also being cooked all the time so these were always hot. There is plently of selection of pasties, cereals, breads, fruits, noodels etc so I just skipped the hot selection that was kept in the warmers.

Rooms recommendations: I would say always book a pool view. The standard rooms look over either the Muslim cemetary, a building site, car park etc. very ugly! Would hate to sit on these balcony's. There are some rooms that look straight onto the restaurant which are not very good either but am not sure what room category these are.

Lobby - Staff could be a bit unfriendly behind the counter (they wanted to charge me 78bht ($2.50) just to call a mobile to ask where my transfer pick up was. I told them to forget it and then the very kind dood man used his own personal phone to call for me for nothing!

Noise: I will agree here with all the other comments that this can be a very noisy hotel. I was lucky that the family next door through the interconnecting doors were very quite. My friend next door was not so lucky and had a terrible time. You have to remember that Patong in a party town and people are walking around at all hours and not carrying about how much noise they make. Best advise is to open the door and either ask them or yell at them to be quite! There are always doors slaming etc as well. The hall ways are ugly like someone else reviews but who cares as you dont spend any time out there! I slept with ear plugs each night and the air con on so the noise didnt bother me too much. We were also in the last block down the very end so didnt have too many people walk past. If you are in the first few blocks down stairs then everone would walk past and this could be a very big problem.

Laundry: No laundry but you can get it washed for 50bht ($1.80) per kilo all over the place and if you drop in the morning you can usually pickup that night. I could fit about 3kg in a standard shopping bag which was about 25 pieces, including underwear.

Overview: Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would probably return. Remember that you are not at home so there are always going to be things you don't like so try to laugh it off as all part of the experience and just relax and enjoy!

4  Thank SW0590
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I can say without a lie that this was an absolutly stunning place. We arrived to see helpful and smiling staff, willinging to help out where ever they could. The location was perfect, acroos from the beach and not right in the middle of the madnes of Patong. Breakfast was outstanding - a huge variety for every nation and loads of it. The rooms were huge, spacious, clean and had an amazing view. The hotel was always clean, beautifully decorated and had a wonderful atmosphere. We will most definately be coming back here on our return and have advised the same to all our friends!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alinks
Phuketgraceland, Guest Relations Manager at Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2010

Greeting from Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa,

Thank you so much for your kind support. Your compliment motivates us to be a even better quality hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Sylvia Tsai