“Wow, what a wonderful place to stay with family”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #35 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Just returned from a fantastic 8 days at Graceland, Phuket. Travelled with family of 2 adults, 14 year old, 11 year old and 8 year old. As written by many previous reviewers I too was weary after varied reviews. There was no need for concern. We arrived late afternoon and check in took around 10 minutes. A bell boy took us to our 2 bedroom family suite and we were amazed at the size of the room. A very minor detail was a problem with the toilet in the main bathroom but after speaking to reception that was rectified and yes, the beds are extremely hard but certainly nothing you can't cope with. Our view of the top pool overlooking the ocean was gorgeous. The 2 pools were fantastic, our favourite being the top pool as it was a bit quieter. Earlier reviews of the pool being ""run down" are exaggerated. I honestly think that anyone that complains about the minor details should just stay home. Breakfast was very busy unless you went early and let's fact it, if you're on holidays you want to sleep in. The variety was fantastic especially with a very fussy 8 year old! I also want to mention the staff. Yes, most of them have limited English but remember you are in THEIR country, if that's going to be a problem for you stay in yours! We had a wonderfuly time and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank burritobrothers
Phuketgraceland, Guest Relations Manager at Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for your comments and compliment. We are really happy to know that you and your family spent a wonderful time with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

Guest Relation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,847)

Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I spent 8 nights in a Grand Deluxe Seaview room in early Sept 2010. The room was very spacious and clean, but it was on the 5th floor of the main lobby building and the "view" of the ocean was very distant. The buffet breakfast was great with a huge variety of food that was well presented and very tasty. We also ate dinner at the hotel bar and grill restaurant (on the beach road) a couple of times and found the food to be very good, although a little bit pricier than you can find elsewhere. We spent a couple of days alongside the sky pool (access via 3rd floor in main lobby building) which was very relaxing and we had no trouble getting poolside drinks and snacks.
Staff were friendly and attentive. I was particularly pleased when I asked for an extension of our checkout time from 12pm to 3pm and this was granted at no extra charge (I asked at about 8am on the day of checkout).
The resort is located about a 10 min walk from the main Patong Beach shops/restaurants, but it is a pleasant walk along the beach and we found the exercise a nice break from the incessant eating and drinking!
Overall, this is a lovely resort to stay in near Patong Beach and we would return here again, although probably in a different type of room closer to the pool area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tam24Jim
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My 2 girlfriends and I stayed here for 9 nights and have only just returned yesterday! from the time we got to Phuket Gracelands, we were pleasantly suprised by the resort, staff, and the rooms. We stayed in a Grand Deluxe Room, which had a pool and ocean view, and was definitely worth the extra money paid. from the time of check in to check out, we could not fault the resort for anything. I have to admit that i was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on this site, that maybe we should have stayed elsewhere but after being there i wouldn't change anything. we are all planning another trip back in 12 months with the families! the breakfast was fantastic, especially the fresh waffles everyday! the pool and grounds were immaculate and the pools were great! we had no problem getting chairs by the pool, and you can hire towels from either the top or bottom pool! the only downfall to patong, was the shopping! the thai shop owners were lovely people, although the indian shopkeepers we a bit a turn off with their agressive approach. We probably would have shopped more if we were able to look around a bit more in peace and quiet without having them shove things into our faces constantly! they can also be a bit insulting by suggesting they have a skinny dress for you! Once shop we found was along Patong Beach Road (Jinda shop) and they had very reasonable prices and were also very friendly. I bought two pairs of shorts and 2 shirts for my daughter for 450bt, where the shop 2 doors up wanted 1500bt just for 2 pairs of cotton shorts!!!!!!
We booked our tours through the hotel (Tours East) and the lady who looked after us (Thip) was lovely! even though it did cost a bit extra, as we were 3 girls travelling by ourselves, we wanted the comfort of knowing that we would be safe and looked after! we did the Phi Phi Island Tour with Phuket Adventures, and our tour guide Joon Joon? (think that is how it is spelt) was absolutely fantastic! nothing was too much trouble and he was very attentive and friendly! There are plenty of massage parlours around, but the best one we found was around the corner from our hotel. it was called Hair Ways and the girls there were absolutely lovely and very professional. we all had foot massages (which cost 200bt - a bargain), the foot massage included whole leg, arms, neck, temples, shoulders etc. I cannot wait to go back here, and would definitely recommend Gracelands as the place to be! great location with a great beach across the road, and 10mins walk to Bangla Road (now that was an experience :))

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank lushus66
Phuketgraceland, Guest Relations Manager at Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Greetings from Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa,

Thank you very much for your compliment and comments. We are really happy to learn that you and your friends had a great time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again !

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2010

We have just returned from a 10 day stay at Graceland. Whilst the hotel is excellent it was far too family oriented for us....kids everywhere(and it was not school holidays). So if you are looking for a peaceful break without having to tolerate everybody else's kids constantly screaming around the place I recommend you stay elsewhere. I suggest they make 3rd floor pool 18+ adults only, that would help Also avoid "Grace" restaurant at the front on beach side, we have never had worse service anywhere.The food was nothing like described on menu and the staff were incompetent.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyTraveller101

Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you very much for your comments. Our management team will definitely take your suggestions into consideration. Also, we will do whatever we can to upgrade our service and food quality.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and please do not hesitate to contact us directly (info@phuketgraceland.com), if you still have any questions or comments.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Just got back a week ago staying 8 nights at Gracelands. After reading many varying reviews was a bit worried what I would find. All in all I think Gracelands was great, the walk is not that far 10 minutes to Bangla Road. And just outside the front there ar money changers, tailors and a couple of good restaurants. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast was great. We have a deluxe pool view room, which did overlook the pool and we could also see the beach. I loved and would defintely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank warbyfam
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I went to Phuket with my 2 girlfriends (we're all in mid-20s) and for our first Thailand holiday there was not much we could fault. The staff at the front desk on checking in were very friendly, and as there was an influx of ppl checking in all at once they have several staff on the floor handing out drinks and talking to guests. The room was clean and very well presented - we stayed in a delux - and although the air con was leaking on the first night (and it was about 2300hrs before we noticed) after a call to the front desk they had maintenance there within half an hour and fixed it.

And a bonus was that the bottle water was stocked plentifully each day! The room was across from the restaurant with the water feature separating, and although it was a thoroughfare, it didn't seem to be much of a disturbance at all.

The breakfasts were good value whether you wanted to eat traditional thai or just cereal or toast and could set you up for the whole day. And for the days when we didn't want to go out to eat and just wanted something simple, the toasted sandwhiches and chips from room service hit the spot - although it may seem alot more expensive than food on the street, it works out to be what you would pay for room service anywhere else - hey, it's room service!!

The grounds were well kept and the tour desk were happy to help with any requests - however it is always a cheaper option to go out onto the street to organise tours or beauty treatments. All in all, definitely a hotel I'd recommend for anyone wanting a chill out holiday - although propably not for anyone wanting 5star immaculate silver platter service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank BrisbaneCal101
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My Sister & I (both mid 20's) stayed at the Graceland Resort & Spa for 7 nights at the end of August. I thought that the hotel was fantastic!
If I had my time again I would pay the extra and upgrade to a pool view room. Our room overlooked a car park and the cemetery (not that you could see into the cemetery). The room itself was clean and the beds weren’t as bad as everyone makes out!
The resort was in a great location. Not in the centre of Patong which was fine by us. We walked to Bangla Rd a couple of times (approx 15 minutes) however most of the time we just got a Tuk Tuk for 100THB.
The pool area was great and we managed to get a seat by the pool every day. We had no problems with the pool bar, we were served quickly every time and there were always staff walking around if you wanted to make another drink/food order.
Service overall was excellent except for the bell boy who asked us for a tip after he took us to our room. We had no money on us what so ever – no THB or AUD. He asked for a tip and we apologised and said we had no money, he then asked us for AUD and once again we had to explain that we hadn’t been to an ATM yet. He seemed quite mad at us.
The breakfast was fantastic - so much variety. Nothing to complain about at all! This was the only meal that we ate at the hotel. Can’t comment on lunch or dinner.
I would definitely recommend this hotel (I am a travel agent and I would recommend to my clients). It really is good for people of all ages. There were a lot of families as well as honeymooners and groups of friends.
Behind the hotel there is a lovely tailor that I would also recommend. It’s called David Jones’ and the man was lovely and not pushy at all. We had some excellent jackets made there. There is also a friendly man who sells pancakes (crepes) in the street behind the hotel. We got a pancake from him every night and he was so nice. He basically knew all of the guests by name!
If I go back to Patong I would stay at Graceland again (just in a pool view room!)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends