“Beautiful Place, Beautiful People” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #38 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful Place, Beautiful People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

From the minute we arrived at Graceland we were greeted with smiles! The staff at the resort were all wonderful!! It didn't matter who we walked passed they always said hello and went out of their way to shake hands with our children.
We went to Phuket for 12nights with two children aged 5yrs & 4yrs, they were treated like royalty over there by everyone.
The room was nice and just a step away from the pool, it was cleaned and refreshed everyday, we had room service a few times and it was always quick with great service, the food was a bit more expensive at the resort but still not as expensive as we pay back in Aus.
The pool area was great, had everything you could need..kids section, adult section, bar and chairs to sit back and relax on, we spent many days lounging by the pool while the kids swam, they loved the pool area and wanted to go everyday.
The resort is directly across the road from the beach and just walking distance to other restaurants and markets...which we found were just as well priced as the other bigger markets.
Our daughter turned 4 when we were over there and the resort gave a cake with Happy Birthday on it.
We found a wonderful tuk tuk driver down the road who took us everywhere we needed to go for cheap prices, his name is Mr Ton and highly recommended.
We absolutely loved our stay at Graceland and Phuket in general, cant wait to go back again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lozzle78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

Stayed at gracelands for 10 days recently with friends and my daughter and her fiance. Good location, lovely grounds and pools. Found the staff to be the most unfriendly encountered so far on our visits to patong. Management need to lift in this department. I can name friendly service (e.g. Pon at little bar over the road) but no one from Gracelands comes to mind? Also room service generally a disaster, long wait and cold food.
Breakfast was good although a little repetitious.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bigtoneAustralia
Picton, NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband & I stayed here for 7 nights & enjoyed every moment.
- Fantastic breakfast spread, so much to choose from, does get busy though.
- Pools are lovely, plenty of beds to go round, swim up bar was a fav, a few ants around but that's going to happen with sticky food/drink around. Towels at reception for outside tours.
- Didn't eat at the resturants but ate at the bar/grill at the front, great view, sometimes a sewer smell but that is everywhere.
- Bowling isn't cheap, about the same as back in Aus, take socks with you as they charge.
- Rooms was great, made up everyday, 2 bottles of water everyday & always re stocked your soaps etc, 2 double beds, was a little hard & pillows too high for my personal liking. Had a nice view looking at the grassed area/roof top pool. Room service pricey but where isn't?
- Was happy with the location as you could go out the front to the beach or through reception to the streets, there was a great guy out the front of the Hotel Ibis who had the best nutella pancakes...mmmmmm. About a 10-15 walk to Bangla Rd, but was what we wanted, very cheap to catch a tuk tuk back after a day of shopping. Still smaller market stalls around & great massage ladies as well (not the sexual kind).
- recomment Mr Tom, opposite McDonalds on Bangla rd for tattoo's
- I loved the resort & Phuket, can't wait to go back one day
- read comments about the cemetary, didn't even know it was there....seriously how much time do you spend in your room? If you want to spend alot request another room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nomes_Sydney
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

We arrived around midnight after a short flight from Hong Kong and were checked in really quickly. The room was lovely with 2 large double beds and a really nice big balcony overlooking the gardens just by the pool. There are other rooms across the hall overlooking the car park and cemetery! which is not so nice but I guess it is just luck of the draw although I would have asked to be moved if we had been put in one of them. Air con worked a treat and boy, do you need it! We had a huge bathroom with a very deep bath and large walk in shower, which had great pressure.
We ordered room service on the first night as it was so late and I had the biggest spring roll I have ever seen with 1 enormous prawn the size of a cod in it – it was delicious and I would recommend it. The TV was great with a channel called Star Moves, which showed a current release every day, just the thing to relax to in the air con after a long day on the beach!
The breakfast buffet was a bit of a scrum and rather than eggs being made to order, they were all made in advance and laid out under heat lamps so you’d be lucky to get one that was not stone cold. The tea is awful too, pack some t-bags from home! I was glad we were not all inclusive and would have had to eat there every day.
The pool was always quite busy, we spent the first day there but then went to Patong beach, which is directly across one small road out the back of the hotel. The beach is amazing but totally mobbed – umbrellas are packed so tightly together that you can reach out and touch your neighbour, not so good if they are smoking/playing loud music/jabbering loudly but then I guess that is what everyone is there for.
We had lunch a couple of times in Grace bar opposite the beach and the food was really good – except one time when they brought my husbands lunch out first, I said ok go ahead, waited 15 minutes and asked several times where mine was to be told they had forgotten about my order and I had nothing on the way!!! This is just one of those things because the food that did arrive was very nice. Patong was a bit crazy for us, too packed so the only reason I would not return here is because I’d like to go to another island but I would recommend this hotel to others.

One of the day trips on offer is speedboat to PhiPhi which we really wanted to do but I was very disappointed. There were hundreds of people lined up at the port to board the boats and there are about 25 people to a boat. There is a padded bench which runs around the edge so you are looking directly at the person sitting opposite you. The sides of the boat are really high so you have to stand up on the bench to see anything over the top and there is a gap of about 2 foot between the top of the boat and the roof so you can mostly see boat, dark tinted windows or boat roof! There are seats out the front part of the boat but as it goes pretty fast, it is very bumpy and there is no shade. I don’t know what I was expecting, I know it would be very ‘touristy’ but it felt a little like transporting livestock and we were the livestock! The islands you visit are spectacular but obviously mobbed by the hundreds of other speed boats doing the same thing. I would not recommend this trip.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pod26
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

How many places in this world can you go to where you are sitting in or by your pool, sipping on a drink and watch the ocean. On top of this you have a very clean hotel, with good sized rooms, prompt service requests, great breakfast and a location that puts you just far enough away from the hustle and bustle but within walking distance if you want to go back to it. Also the location is the best part of Patong beach.

A family friend highly recommended Graceland and I agree with everything they said about it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elveeAustralia
trabug
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

I recently spent 8 nights at this hotel on recommendation from a travel agent, and were extremely happy.

The hotel is located on the northern end of Patong, only a 5 minute walk into the main strip. Patong is fun, but can be full on, so the hotel being located away from the craziness (though this is still very accessible) is a positive. It's also right across the road from the gorgeous beach.

The hotel has 2 beautiful pools, a wi-fi centre, a gym, a day spa, 2 restaurants, a bar and some small shops. The pools are lovely, though you sometimes need to fight the crowds for a chair. The swim-up bar in the pool is wonderful! Had no problems with the wi-fi centre, also used the day spa which is wonderful, but you can get equally good massages for much, much cheaper out of the hotel.

We ate in the breakfast buffet every morning - great variety - and ate in the street side restaurant twice, and were very happy.

Staff wer very friendly, and all speak English (which I don't necessarily expect in a non-English speaking country). On the occassions we had trouble - when we forgot our safe code, and when our air conditioner leaked - they sent someone up to help us out immediately.

Rooms are fine, nothing to write home about, and the beds admitedly are very uncomfortable. Had a quiet sleep every night.

Another traveller whilst we were staying here was complaining very loudly that she had had to change rooms twice because she was overlooking a Muslim cemetery. We tried very hard to find this, and when we did it was so small, hidden, inoffensive and hard-to-see, that we could only conclude this girl was somewhat precious!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank trabug
melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

My husband, myself and our 2 young children (2 & 4months) stayed at graceland for 10 days in a grand deluxe room for my 30th birthday. Our room was great, on ground level right near the pool. The beds are extremely uncomfortable i didnt sleep through a whole night at all thank god for the massages every day! Breakfast was great, everything you could imagine pastrys,eggs,bacon, fresh juice and fresh fruit, although we had alot of problems getting somewhere to sit every morning. The pool..well the pool itself was always clean lots of sunlounges but the steps into the kids pool is VERY dangerous BEWARE if you have young children!! Four days before we were due to leave phuket my husband went to take our 4month old for a swim in the kids pool when he slipped on the tiled steps, that have no grip on them. So to cut a long story short we ended up at bangkok private hospital in phuket, and my poor little baby had a fracuted leg and ended up in a plaster cast. When i spoke to management about this problem they werent really worried about if my daughter was alright or about fixing the problem with the steps, they were just concerned that my husband wasnt hurt. To sum it all up was a nice place to stay, staff were very friendly. We are returning to phuket in may but are not staying there this time but will be visiting to see if the problem has been recitfied.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family