“Great Place for Families”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 weeks at Graceland. Fab place to take the family. Rooms are lovely. Pool and surrounds are beautiful. Staff are very friendly. Far enough away from the hustle of Jungceylon but only a tuk tuk away. Breakfast has great variety for everyone. Kids had a ball. Would Definately go back.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Stukat66

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here with a large group this April. This place is awesome, rooms lovely & clean, view from our room onto the pool & the beach was amazing. The pool was fantastic so huge & we even got a spa sitting at an empty pool access room. Staff very helpful & friendly, breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. The Belgium Waffle cones freshly made each afternoon in the foyer were delicious. Quick walk across the road to the beach for a relaxing massage & banana lounges galore awaiting us for a lazy day at the beach. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This resort was everything I thought it would be, and more! Two highlights to my stay;
The live band (Quatro uno) that sang almost every night at the Belgian beer cafe were a pleasure to listen too! I'd go back again just for them.

The staff were incredible. I honestly don't understand how they can be criticised. All my respect goes out to them!

Thanks Gracelands! See you in December/Jan 2015

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Tyanna-k
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed with 2 of our children their partners & 4 grand kids from
10 -18 April, we loved the resort, rooms & staff were great, fantastic breakfast. Fab free cocktail afternoon with food & drinks laid on. Lovely pools right across the road from a great beach & in close walking distance to everything, best location in phuket, we will all go back & stay again at gracelands

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I work and manage a hotel in Australia. I tell you know do not ever come here it is all about the money, the staff are not helpful and the managers have no clue what they are talking about. I came here with my family and wanted to go out one night with my partner for dinner and I organized my friend to look after our son for a couple hours. Manager advised us that we need to pay 1 thousand bart for the other perosn I advised them that she was not staying and they still said they need to charge us. In the end they did not charge us but they said if she comes again they need to charge us each time. This is a JOKE. Do not come here. Worst hotel I have stayed at. all about money and not about customer service and friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank beachgirl282014
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I recently travelled with a group of 17 people,including males,females, families and singles aged from 7 to 68. The resort is in a great location directly opposite patong beach which is very clean. The resort is very clean and has three pools to cater for all people. There are also rooms that have pools attached. There are two swim up bars that are worked by friendly experienced staff. From the time we all entered the resort we were greeted by friendly staff with a complimentary drink and who were very helpful. We had the odd minor issue but nothing you wouldn't get at any other resort. Some rooms in the resort require some maintenance however they were perfect for what we paid. The continental breakfast was plentiful and seating was not an issue. Resort is only a 5 minute walk from Bang la road. There was plenty to do for everyone including swimming, kids room, ten pin bowling and pool tables. (Charges apply). They also have freshly made waffle cones every afternoon made while you wait at a good price. Scooters are available to hire from the resort and prices are reasonable and are willing to negotiate depending on how many you hire. As far as noise level, there were a couple of mornings where the noise from cleaning staff, outside machinery and other amplified noise was loud. However for the price and location you would expect a little noise. We all stayed for 10 nights and between us there were no major problems or complaints. I would most certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Before you travel from the resort speak to the drivers of the transfer buses. Inparticular Alex. He...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Buzz122
Reviewed April 16, 2014

To think after reading a spate of bad reviews I almost cancelled my booking!! I am so very glad that I didn't as this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and I have travelled a lot. People complained that it was dirty and the staff unfriendly- NOT TRUE.
We stayed for 5 nights from the beginning of April (myself, husband and 2 kids 3 & 18 months).
As soon as we arrived we were thrilled. Check in was a breeze and the giant aquarium was amazing. Our room in the Sunset Wing, (I upgraded rather than cancel due to the bad reviews) was clean and spacious, overlooking the long pool.
Breakfast at the hotel was delicious. Huge variety and fresh.
The staff were so friendly and would go out of their way to say hello and play with our kids. The only reason I could think people would say the staff were unfriendly, is maybe that it was actually them that was unfriendly and were treated in kind.
The location was excellent. Maybe a 10-15 minute walk to Bangla Road.
I can see why people get annoyed having to walk down the lane to get to the street at the front of the hotel, but don't let this put you off. There are some really great restaurants down there and a great tailor.
Overall I give Graceland a 5/5. I would stay here again as a first preference. To all those who were unhappy, I honestly can't see why. I have nothing bad to say about Graceland. Thank you to all the staff who made our amazing holiday even better. I really hope to return.

Room Tip: Sunset wing is lovely and by the sounds of it, worth the extra money
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family