“Great Place”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Graceland resort and found everything we needed at the resort, the staff were wonderful, the room was lovely we received a free room upgrade, the breakfast was fantastic so much to choose from and the beach was over the road and found shopping and restaurants weren't far away within walking distance I would stay here again :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kristy B
There are newer reviews for Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I both 19 stayed here as first time travellers to Thailand we absolutely loved it. Staff were friendly, helpful and polite and we felt comfortable asking any questions to the staff. Our room was great very spacious and the cleaners did a great job always nice coming home to a fresh smelling room. The buffet breakfast was better than I thought it would be with a large variety of different choices for breakfast. MUST STAY :)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ggillies1994
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We enjoyed two weeks relaxing on the beach and by the pool. The room was comfortable and the breakfast ample. The resort was an easy walk to many restaurants and shopping and we also enjoyed the seafood buffet and two buffets on the lawn. The Belgium beer cafe looked after us Christmas night with great entertainment and food. A fireworks display topped it off.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed February 3, 2014

myself and 3 other friends stayed in graceland resort for 4 days for my bachelorette party. The resort was fairly large with numerous pools and restaurants to choose from as well as a snooker room and bowling alley.

We checked in at 11am but were not allowed to get our room keys until 2 pm so we had to leave our luggages with the bell boy who just placed the luggages on a trolley and left it in in the hallway in front of the reception desk.

The rooms were quite long and very comfortable. The staff were super nice and accommodating when we rang for room service and extra supplies for the rooms.

We were provided breakfast every morning but the variety of food was pretty limited. The coffee was terrible but the tea and fruit juices at least made up for that.

The resort was right across the street from Patong beach so it was literally steps away. The only negative was at it backed onto a busy road so crossing the street can be tricky at times.

All in all a wonderful resort. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Canadianabroad2014
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and i stayed here for 3 nights last week. Certainly one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Excellent location, right on Patong beach road. Just a 100 meters walk and you hit the chain of stores, restaurants etc.. Just cross the road to lay down and relax on the beach. Liked the welcome drink. check in was quite easy. even though we arrived early in the morning (8:30 AM), we were checked into our room. The room was very clean with a very nice pool view and ocean view. The breakfast was a feast with a huge selection. The staff could use more smile..but then again, we did not really have to interact with them a lot...everything was taken care of to our expectations.

Room Tip: 8th block has better decks...the once towards the beach end have a pool and ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fanofflying
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Good spot. Right on the beach although we didn't even swim,only in Phuket for 4 days before koh samui so was busy each day with tours. Very happy with the rooms, managed to a free upgrade to the sunset (new building) room was beautiful overlooking the new pool, new Barton our right along with the beach front. Breakfast was decent each morning. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Heard from other guests who had a car park view that wasn't as good experience. We originally ha...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Ok so this is technically in Patong but not really a stones throw from anything except the beach.

We had 2 pool access rooms in early January booked through Agoda. We received free internet in the rooms although it was patchy. Far better in reception.

Our pool access rooms had access to a pool which was more of a moat that runs up and down outside the pool access rooms. The water here is very cold and we preferred not to swim there. There is another pool about 15 meters from this pool which runs up and down the same courtyard but is on the sunny side. This was much warmer, had the swim up bar and was the one we really used. That meant we left our pool access rooms by the front door and walked over a bridge to the pool that same as everyone else not in a pool access room. There are pool access rooms on the nice pool but they are "Sunset Wing Pool access rooms".

There are so many guests at this hotel and no real control of traffic flow. Meaning that they walk up and down outside your room All night, yelling and talking loudly. That is people who are not even staying in the same building. Once you finally do get to sleep you are awoken around 5am when the serial tourists come out to put their towels on the best seats and drag them into position. I guess they then go back to bed and come back later. Kids often start jumping from the bridges into the pool at around 7am even though there are signs clearly prohibiting this.

Breakfast is good but crowded. The reception staff basically don't want to know you once you have checked in. Our flight out was late at night but when we asked about late checkout they said come back the day before and ask. When we did they said you just check out and they will hold your bags. You can shower in the gym if you need to. I don't see why they couldn't tell us that when we first asked. I had found out that I needed to travel on to KL on business instead of returning home. I decided I could stay an extra day and the family could use my room until they went to the airport. When I asked reception if I could extend my stay in one of the rooms, they didn't ask me my room number or when I was staying till, said "We usually charge 5000 per night for extending, we are very busy, fully booked." in a fairly rude and unhelpful tone. I checked on agoda later that day and could have booked pretty much any room I wanted for the night in question.

Our room and the area outside constantly smelled of sewage.

If you go to Jung Ceylon regularly you will end up taking TukTuks all the time as it a long walk. These are fixed price at 200 or they try to sting you 300 to come back from Bangla road at night time.

The bar staff in the pool were very friendly although the drinks here are more expensive than other more expensive hotels we have stayed at.

We have been to Phuket 7 times. Stayed at Merlin Beach, Millenium, La Flora, Sala and Novotel. We would return to any one of these other hotels, but not Graceland.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family