“Mediocre”

Ranked #32 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Blaricum, The Netherlands
“Mediocre”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It is quite difficult to rate this hotel since the family room we've stayed in was very nice; spacious enough for 5 with small but nice balcony overlooking the lawn and swimming pool and comfy beds. Here comes the 'but'; entrance/lobby of hotel looks tacky or carnival like. When you enter you start the fear what the rest of the hotel looks like but I already mentioned the room was nice. Breakfast area is very dirty. Breakfast itself is average. The things that should be warm are cold like pancakes. The orange juice is a sort of extremly sweet lemonade, awful but the coffee is the worst. They start 'cleaning up' the chairs and tables while you are still eating. It closes at 1030 am but at 1015 most chairs are on top of the tables next where you are still eating. They clean like this; they swipe the table and the crumbs fall on the chairs and then they put the chairs upsite down on the table! The cloth from the chairs and cushions are als very dirty and stained. Another 'but'; the swimming pool near the new wing was very nice. We never ate at the restaurant in the resort but had nice meals on the beach, there are plenty of little restaurants on the beach. The christmas eve dinner was below average. I didn't dare to eat the salmon sashime because it was placed outside at the buffet area 2 hours before the dinner started. Overall, we will not return to Graceland but the time we've spent there was ok not horrible but not worth the money. Sometimes I get the idea that a chain hotel is better?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mayke25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in a room overlooking the pool in the "older" part of the hotel. We had a decent size room which actually had 2 double beds, decent sized bathroom and the balcony overlooking the pool/beach. We could not fault the room at all even though it was part of the "older" section of the hotel.

The location was amazing, only a 5 minute walk to Bangla Road so the hotel itself is far enough away from all the action, so you always get a good nights sleep!

Our favourite spot during the day was the pool bar!!! The staff were so funny and accommodating, music pumping, everyone having a good time and always meeting new people! Happy hour is the best where you get 2 for 1 cocktails - good reason to try every flavour!

We also stayed at a different hotel, Patong Merlin, and did not compare to this amazing hotel!!!

Definitely recommend and will definitely be back one day!!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool/beach!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShelleyandCoreyB
Sydney
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Check in was very impersonal- you are just another number to them. We booked a deluxe room for 3 adults and paid $300+ per night. We were put in the worst room we have ever seen! Went to reception to ask to change as it wasn't good enough, told no straight up, no apology or explanation for why we (my time guests) were given such a run down room.
After spending the whole morning contacting our travel agent- by 2pm we had a new room! Just like that there was magically one available! It was a lot better and we were then able to enjoy our holiday! Very expensive resort for what you get. Facilities in resort are also run down. A suggestion would be new lobby lounges!! They are so stained you wouldn't want to sit on them. Same in the restaurant!
I'd like to mention this was my 4th visit to this hotel an will be the LAST!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Anita S
Melbourne,
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was our first time to Phuket with our well travelled friends and their two young children. We were two adults and a 14 year old, we selected the Graceland after we both were told by two separate flight centre that it was the best resort for families. Prior to going I sent an email and confirmed that we we're going to be in adjoining rooms, to allow for the children to spend time together. We had booked the cheaper room so knew we would be in the older section of the resort. Upon arrival, staff were rude and not accommodating we were told that there were no adjoining room and we were in different areas of the resort, once we complained we were told adjoining rooms were available the next day but one of us would have to move, I agreed that we would move and we were then told that the other room would not be ready until 1 pm which was fine. Arriving in the room it was clean but old, it was ok for us three. After I long flight I we to use the bathroom only to have water dripping on my head from the aircondtioner. Not wanting to make fuss and knowing I was moving we returned with our friends at 1 pm to be advised that the room would not be ready for another hour, my friend became upset and requested we speak to the manager. Half an hour later and lots of disgruntled discussion and rudeness we got the manager to talk to us, she advised that nothing could be done and that we had to wait. At this point we dug our feet in and requested our adjoining room today. After much heated discussion the manager found two adjoining rooms with balcony view be it of the cemetery. The pools and breakfast here are great, lots of choice. The cleaning of rooms is very average,and if you don't like cats don't come here as they are everywhere. But the real reason I will not return was because one night our toilet got blocked, the staff member came with the plunger and unblocked it, luckily I was watching as the staff member then proceeded to clean the plunger with the face washer and left it were it was, thank god I was there I struggle to think how this could be ok by any standard. Up to that point I still would have recommended the resort , but that was the final straw. The location is good and I can not comment on the new section. One plus is the beds we had great sleep, but I would not recommend this place to my friends or family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank stracan
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Graceland resort for 5 days after leaving Foto Hotel (in Kata Beach - Foto is beautiful will highly recommend). We were really excited about Graceland because we heard it was just beautiful, but when we got there found it was outdated and smelt. If you HAVE to stay there then stay in the sunset wing NOT THE DELUXE WING. We were put in the Deluxe Wing and it was horrible. Old, almost smelt like the streets, the bathrooms didn't feel like they had been cleaned properly (clearly hadn't as both my partner and I got gastro right before we left). The ground look amazing in photos but in real life they are only nice to look at at night. During the day they look like they need a good fix up/clean (mold all over pool tiles). People say it's in a great location but to be honest I thought it was in a shocking location. To get to any action you had to walk 20 mins or so in the heat, but I'll add walking isn't an issue for us as at Foto Hotel we were on top of a hill and had to walk a slight distance but the view and scenery were beautiful so we always enjoyed the walk. Where as at Graceland, the resort is located in a shocking spot, across the road from a cemetery and the streets around that area just really smelt and felt very dirty. Yes the beach was directly in front of the resort which was nice, but the walk to get a meal or do some shopping was long (in the heat), plus you got hassled by many people down that end, and mainly Indians! not as many thai's (would have preferred thai's as we found they were more gentle in Thailand). I would NEVER stay at Phuket Graceland again, I found it ruined the second part of our holiday and if we have stayed at Foto Hotel the whole time, we would have been so much happier. But if you are going to stay there don't get your hopes up, maybe you'll enjoy it more if you don't have high expectations of the place and make sure you stay in the sunset wing!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zoe J
Patong, Thailand
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The checking in was chaotic and impersonal. No friendly greeting from staff..so sterile. The room was spacious, two queen size beds, mini lounge and fairly sized bathroom. Great pool area which my nine year old loved. Breakfast choices were great and for lunch and dinner plenty of restaurant nearby. One thing I'm not happy about is no warning was given on hidden cost for every tour booked via the hotel tour operator

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bidekifo F
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We checked into the Graceland with our friend's family as well, we were both given Smoking rooms when we asked for non smoking, the room reeked of cigarette and the room was old.
So when asked for another room we were told that there were none until we told them that both our kids were asthmatic, thats when they found 2 rooms for us and our friends.
the staffs were not helpful. we asked if we can get room service to bring fresh milk to our room for my baby during the night, that never happened! so only when we called up to cancel the milk (after I've gone to 7eleven) thats when room service remembered.
That's the last time that I hope to set foot in the Phuket Graceland again.... not happy

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family