“Graceland Elvis has left the building”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Australia
“Graceland Elvis has left the building”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had 13 nights at the Phuket Graceland the hotel is at the North end of Patong beach but easy walking distance to the madness of Bangla road. It is situated directly across from the beach. There are two parts to this hotel the older main wing and the newer sunset wing. The main wing is dated and looking lived in. (The couple we travelled with stayed in this section). The sunset wing is better appointed and has a brighter feel to it. The service was hit and miss the house keeping staff and bar staff were excellent but the restaurant staff (breakfast) were un helpful. Overall not a bad hotel but there are better hotels in Patong. There are plenty of bars and restaurants close to the hotel

Room Tip: For a little extra book a room in the sunset wing
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

After reading such negative reviews, I was concerned about my trip from( 1/11 - 8/11) with my 5 sister-in-laws to celebrate my birthday, but from the moment we arrived, we loved this place, the staff were welcoming and friendly, never had a problem with them, very helpful. Our rooms were in the old part above the Lobby, I loved it there, very clean and quite. Beds were firm, but I slept well, loved the pillows, We tipped our cleaner on the first day and she was so friendly, she'd knock on our door at night & give us chocolate. The pools were immaculate, lovely gardens, great position, it was so easy to get anywhere, 200 baht for tuk tuk, got us anywhere we wanted to go, Breakfast had lots of variety, if you couldn't find something you liked, then you're just too fussy, You are after all in a different country and culture, things are meant to be different, Just look around and enjoy where you are, We went to Phi Phi Island, Siam Safari to ride elephants, saw the brilliant show "FantaSea", recommend this to everyone and we spent so much time in the pool or the pool bar, the beach and ocean were beautiful and shopping, shopping, shopping at the markets, loved the people there, yes they can be overwhelming, but they're just trying to make a living, if you want a different shopping experience, go to JungCeylon shopping centre, lots of great shops and restaurants, go down stairs if you want authentic Thai souvenirs, you can still negotiate the price with them. The best holiday I've ever had, My advice if you're going to Graceland is don't read the negative reviews, make your own memories and have you own opinion, just enjoy your holiday, There're wouldn't be a resort in the world that doesn't have things go wrong on a daily basis, treat people how you would like to be treated and remember some people will whinge about anything, Enjoy your holiday, Thailand is magical.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the older part but very quite,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Kerry A
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Booking through a travel agent we asked for the new side which they said was fine. On our arrival staff were friendly enough, told we had to wait 45minutes for our room to be made up for our honeymoon special and we were given 1 small glass of juice. They did the room up with rose petals and swan towels which was great. The room itself however was not.
One bed was broken, bathroom build up of grime however still clean, our view consisted of the side of building, roting wood on the verandah, window skirting held together with clear sticky tape, cupboard hinge to access the fridge broken so would half fall off every time going to the fridge.
Rang to ask for another room for our 10 night honeymoon stay, told there was no other unless we paid for an upgrade at $200AUD per night.
The food was great consistently with a good variety to choose from, drinks were quite expensive though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blake w
Pakenham, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in the hotel which is considered to be the Grand Deluxe room and the experience was crap. The beds were just not comfortable at all. The worst part was the bathroom with leaking bathtub, the jammed drainage of wash basin, and toilet which flushes water but the water keeps on adding on rather than flushing out. Called for room service and it was difficult to explain to the person as she could hardly understand english. Well no one turned up to fix it. So had to finally go up to the service desk to explain the problem. They said someone will be there to
fix it. The whole night passed no one turned up. It was disaster as we did not want to enter the bathroom as it was in complete mess. I have uploaded some pics as well with this review.
I was very angry with the service of the staff as they were least bothered to help you or even make an eye contact with you as you might ask them something. Well i went to see the manager for the problem and the manager was very rude as well and the answer she gave me was "why you worried as you will check out today". I was just so amazed that did i pay that much for that crap room so called as grand deluxe room and no service available at anytime.

Another issue was the internet service provided was only for first 6 hours on the first day pf your stay and it wont get carried on to next day. If you use for 10 minutes and log out, thats it as you wont be able to log back in and if you ask for help all u get to hear is that you have to use 6 hrs in one go if u logout ur password expires and u will not get a replacement password. They will ask u to sit in lobby and use the free wifi which will never work and all people sitting there will be just looking at each other asking if there computer or Phone is working on internet.No help from any staff member As they are least bother to help u.

I was charged 1 bhatt each for myself and my partner before checkin in but when given password was handed 1 password saying its one for one room and when i asked then y charging for 2 people and they say its company policy. Overall a very very bad experience. Will recommend not to go there at all. Its just a rip off !!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Har_Jeet9
Dlink
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I would recommend this resort to anyone and would definitely stay there again. We received a free upgrade from Deluxe Pool View to a Sunset room Direct pool access. After all the negative reviews I was very concerned but have nothing but praise for Gracelands now. Beds were so comfortable almost better than my own. Cocktail party was no expense spared. In general we couldn't of asked for more.

Room Tip: Direct pool access is amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank OptimaDlink
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have just stayed in this property for a quick weekend break, the hotel is outdated..whilst they have built a new modern wing with new pool the main hotel is in need of a refurbishment.

Customer service is absolutely disgraceful, one instance is when asking for an iron in room and being told to wait until 5pm as the hotel laundry requires them, given the size of the hotel and amount of guests I would expect they would at least have one or two available for guest use at anytime of the day

On departure this evening I was advised to get reception to organise taxi to airport who they then conveniently pushed responsibility to the bell boy...he found a driver who conveniently
Was waiting at the lobby who wanted to charge double the rate which I refused. Bellboy walks off and states not his problem I either pay the rate or don't get a taxi.

Unfortunately my stay at this hotel was not what I had hoped or expected from a 4 star property

On the positive property is in a quieter loa room of patong however you can access all patong offers within a short stroll

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CJINSING
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Hard beds we complained that we had horrible sleep from the hard mattress. Had to ask 3 times for a solution which was a thin mattress protector on bed! Not happy but obviously it does not get through. No one in that hotel speaks good English very frustrating you just give up!

3rd night we decided to order room service I had a bowl of fries and my husband ordered spring rolls and a hamburger.

About 7 hours later my husband started to vomited and run to the toilet! Yep food poisoning!!!!! That day we only ate from the hotel! No where else!!!

I decided to go down stairs to tell the staff that my husband had gotten food poisoning from their food. But rude!!! Rude rude!!!! That's all I got out of them no compassion they said oh no not this food .

I had bumped into a lady who's son got food poisoning from eating spring rolls from hotel too!!!

I'm not surprised we did not get our linen changed at all in the 9 days we slept their. Our glasses we're rinsed with the dirty water and wiped dry with the dirty hand towels .

After 3 days stuck in the room with a sick husband I decided to go to lobby to ask them for help with a doctor .
I literally had to raise my voice and cause a scene to get some info about getting a doctor down . 9000 baht later doctor came .

The staff never once checked to see how he was feeling . We could not wait to go home. This was our first time in Thailand and last!!!! Bali is so much better lovely kind people not like Thailand they don't give a crap about you !!!!!

Do not go to this hotel!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple