“biggest mistake ever”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 23, 2013

we booked for honeymoon with my time as well when we got there other people arrived after us and were seen to there room we were made to wait 3 hrs when I went to the desk just after 3pm they had the rm ready (so they said) when we got to rm there was no cake or fruit basket for us like the rm was ment to have when we rang reception thay asked if I wonted to order it I said it should have been already in rm. half way through our stay it was 4.30pm and had to ring reception to ask what time they plan to clean our rm then just after the fruit ripened they took it away before we finished it and the food wasn't very good as well. and considering they have so meny Australians stay there there was less English channels then our first hotel

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank simone h
Write a ReviewReviews (2,786)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

having travelled to bali 3 times in 5 years my family and I were really looking forward to going to Phuket and the gracelands resort.within 3 days we all got very very sick,projectile vomiting and fire hydrant runs.to can it off we booked 3 daytrips with destination asia in the lobby,instead of charging our credit card $900.00(aussie dollars) the rep charged us $9000.00.we didn't realise until the folloeing day and 2 weeks later have not received our money back.the room service guy (of indian decent)was extremely rude with massive attitude.do yourself and never ever stay here.i will make a point to warn anyone who is thinking of staying at this poor excuse for a resort to stay elsewere.

5  Thank GaryM653
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked in February for an October stay (2013). Our first impression was that the hotel was a little dated, the lobby busy and staff not overly friendly.
Our room was a superior room, this was the biggest mistake. It had no view. In fact, the only view we did have from the window was of the adjoining building next door. Which of course, was in action with noisy workers around 6am EVERY morning. Not happy. I asked to upgrade to a better room (I was willing to pay) but apparently they had no other rooms available.
The bathroom itself was OK but the smell of damp and the odd smell of the water not so much.
Wifi. ONLY available in the lobby - and by this I mean a particularly small area of the lobby with people having to sit on the dirty floor to get internet access. Seriously.
Also, my Australian iPad needed charging and I needed the relevant adapter asked reception to be told that it is 200 THB to loan the adapter. Oh and the breakfast was lacking one substantial staple being bacon. Sorry Graceland but 'chicken ham' is NOT bacon.
We couldn't last the four nights I felt like crying I didn't want to spend another minute in that horrible room so we booked in at The Imperial Adamas in Naiyang beach. What a relief, this resort is beautiful and I will post about this later.
I would never stay at the Graceland again. In fact I would have gone home very upset about Phuket in general because of the Graceland nightmare.

Room Tip: Stay at the new wing - Sunset wing. Pay the extra money for the Sunset if you like Patong. Or at the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nadiaidan_81
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here after friends rated it highly. The dining chairs were filthy dirty, so were the lobby lounges. Drink prices were expensive and the language barrier was poor. It was however central to shopping and nigt life, opposite the beach which was good. The pools were clean and nice to look at. We had breakfast included which was ok....it was hard to find a table to sit at and tables weren't always set. Nothing to do at the resort other than bowling and swimming which was a little dissapointing for our kids

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family (partner and two children aged 7 and 8 years) stayed mid October 2013 for 10 days. This was my 7 trip to Phuket over the past 20 years and my family's 1st. Ive never stayed in Patong before but chose to stay there this time as it was easy access for things to do for the kids. It was ok being close to things but would prefer Kata or Karon beach as its somewhat quieter. Now the Resort, It is old and tired, except for the new wing which we didn't stay. We had a Family room size was good but it smelled of damp and Cigarettes. House cleaning was good, no complaints. Unfortunately we all were very ill for a few days, vomiting etc and I had heard others in the resort talking about other children being taken to Hospital. The 1st time ive ever been sick In my time in Phuket. The kids club (main reason we chose this Resort) was CRAP. We had planned for the kids to spend some time in kids club and some with us but the Kids club was so bad they refused to go. Any organised activities, were plonked onto the table in front of them and then they were left on their own. There was no staff interaction or assistance. Other resorts I've stayed in with the kids have had amazing activities for the kids organised and facilitated by staff, none at Graceland. The bowling alley was great but its not something you would want to do daily.
Breakfast was ok, the usual sort of Buffet. The food and atmosphere was much better at the new restaurant near the new wing of the resort.
I was also not happy about booking a Family room for two adults and two children and then being slugged a fee for each child, it was 1,000 baht per night for the two kids but over 10 days that is $300 aus dollars. Staff couldn't explain to us as to why we were charged for the children when we booked a family room accommodating a family of 4!!!!!! Also it was an adjoining room and you could hear EVERYTHING from the room next door.
service around the pool was fine, pools themselves were a little dated but clean and cool.
overall I wouldn't stay here again and I think I could get much better out of Patong.

Room Tip: stay in the new building
1  Thank skip883
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Spent 7 nights here last week. There were 12 of us, 11 of us were very sick. The rooms were a little dated, but it was the mould on the walls in the bedroom and black hairs in the shower that were the most off putting.
The first day 1 of us got severe conjunctivitis from swimming in the pool. Not many hand sanitisers around, and seeing though there was a nasty gastro bug going around I expected more. We went to the Belgian Beer Cafe one evening for a drink, where we saw a lady vomiting, coming back from our room another boy vomiting in the garden. I was in the lobby and saw a lady helping her husband, very I'll back to his room. It felt like a war zone and people were going down around us. Another of us forgot and put her head under the water, and within hours, conjunctivitis again! Wherever we went outside the resort and remarked about how sick we were. The locals said oh you are staying at Graceland? Even the tourist doctor that came to my husband remarked about how busy she was, especially at this resort. From what we saw the bug is all over Patong but Graceland really don't help to alleviate it with lack of cleaning practices.
For your own health give this resort a big miss!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Penny B
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed there in 2012 and again in Oct 2013 1st stay was great this recent stay was terrible, the whole resort was sick house keeping were cleaning bathrooms without gloves then cleaning the cups and glasses with there hands in the bathroom sink just after they had cleaned the toilets with there hands. Some on our floor had room service they put the plates outside there room they stayed there for 3 days until i complained to reception, hygiene in this resort is not good. We were a party of 12 and would never stay there again.

4  Thank bronwyn s