“Nice resort shame about the reception staff”

Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed September 1, 2013

1st time in Thailand with family and absolutely enjoyed it. We traveled there with friends of ours and stayed at Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa which was good for its location and facilities. The kids enjoyed the 10 pin bowling and the pools. The buffet breakfast was great,kitchen staff were friendly and the chefs were wonderful. As for the reception staff, they were not as friendly or helpful. As usual upon our arrival we were put in different blocks (not in the rooms that we booked through our travel agent). We were warned about this while waiting for our connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket. The reception staff were not helpful and we couldn't be bothered discussing the rooms as we arrived late (due to flight been delayed) and were tired. Apart from the arrogant reception staff we had a terrific time in Thailand. Even contacting the front desk staff on the in room phone they were not that pleasant. The resort was nice,cleaning staff,kitchen staff and even the security staff were good. It is a great family friendly resort and the rooms were pretty reasonable. We stayed in a Deluxe room and found it quite comfortable. If not for the arrogance of the reception staff I would probably stay there again but would look elsewhere next time I visit Phuket Thailand.

4  Thank Wilz47

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We got this place last minute, i stayed 8 nights for just over $300.00. Wouldn't be able to stay anywhere else for that price. On arrival our bags were scooped up and taken to our rooms. We checked in with no hassle. The staff were very polite. We were on the third floor over looking the infinity pool and Patong Beach. Room was massive. We met tour guides in the lobby and booked our excursions, we booked with My Time. My Time were awesome hosts, English speaking guides. Recommend them to anyone. The meals were a hit n miss, some days were great some days not so great. Not a big deal considering you can walk to the markets 5 min up the road and get some food. The markets are an acquired taste, if you like being hassled by people to buy their stuff then you will enjoy the markets. The pools were awesome, the staff were friendly. The only problem I really had was the mattress was so hard it was very uncomfortable other than that I can't really fault this place. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Thackers75
Reviewed August 31, 2013

phuket graceland resort and spa in sunset wind is stunning spent 7 nights hear staff. food. resort grounds and rooms should be 5 star rated not 4 i would recommend to all familys. couples. single. for any age group i have stayed at graceland 3 times now and will go back again next year

Room Tip: duluxe sup rooms with balcony the best
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goninon
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at Gracelands in August 2013. What a huge disappointment it was, compared to our stay in 2012. Never again!!!! We were a party of 8, and all of us became very ill with gastro. The rooms were cleaned daily, with just a lick and polish, and never was anything refilled, unless we requested it. As I had to return to Australia early, I had to reconfirm the changing of our flights. Normally reception do this, but the woman I was dealing with Christine, dialled the number, and handed the phone back to me.The person on the other end could not understand me, and I her. Calling Christine back to help me, I got a nasty look, and the comment on the phone was,"she not understand your english" I was very disappointed, as I had recommended Gracelands to our friends. Never again!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went in August for a week it was raining almost everyday and the hotel room was very humid to the point that every thing inside was almost wet! There was a sign on the balcony saying keep the doors closed so that insects do not invade the rooms. So we kept them closed and the humidity stayed in. On our last day I took the risk of opening the balcony doors and the situation improved dramatically. The pool is wonderful and the breakfast is great. Its location is next to the ocean and the downtown is about 700 meters away. The beds are a bit stiff.

1  Thank jack k
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at Gracelands in August 2013,had a great time.Close to everything,rooms were nice & clean,staff were friendly & accommodating for example our mattrress was very hard but asked about it & the next thing they were back putting a mattress topper on.There was a great variety for breakfast every day.Would go back there anytime loved it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the old part facing the garden it was nice & quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at The Graceland Resort in August 2013. My family consists of 2 Adults and 2 Children
ages 14 & 11 yrs. We stayed in the Sunset Wing Pool View Rooms which is the new part of the hotel and would definitely pay the extra to stay in one of these rooms again. Rooms are very spacious, modern, clean and bathroom and shower is huge.
Rooms were cleaned everyday, staff were nice and friendly and breakfast was great with a good variety to choose from.
Location was great as you were across the road from the beach and only a short stroll to the action of Bangla Rd.
They have a Bowling Alley for a small fee of I think it was around $4 AUD for game and shoe hire per person.
Free Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby area which is huge. They have a kids club which looked great but my kids are too old for that.
Would definitely stay here next trip to Phuket :) :)

Room Tip: Sunset Pool Access or Pool View are the best to have as they are new and modern
1  Thank SmileyPerth