“Good time in Phuket”

Baan Laimai Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Beautiful resort and practically right on the beach. Our room was HUGE and we were satisfied with the comfort. We didn't get a room with a view so our balcony overlooked an alley. It wasn't a big deal to us. The pool area was a great place to hangout, very beautifully designed. Swim up bar was cool too! their drinks were great and the included breakfast was excellent! We ate dinner there one night and it was not the best, but still decent. I would've liked to see a different side of Phuket - so it depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for. We were in a pretty dense beach area with a high volume of tourists which means you are getting hit up by the locals there to get a massage or look at whatever shop pretty much ever step you take! If I ever go back to Phuket I'd probably stay somewhere less polluted with tourism.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,118)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I can't stop gushing about this property. I have to admit I got one amazing deal through Expedia for a windowless room. I wasn't keen on getting a windowless room BUT the resort had a very good trip advisor review and the pool was a huge draw. I also was on a tight budget and did not want to spend copious amounts of money on a resort in Patong Beach. When I checked in I was shocked at how close the beach is to the resort, it is literally across the street. The 2 PM check in time was enforced, but they took in my bags and processed my check in. Check in took about 15 minutes which is about average in Thailand. At 2:30 PM, I went to get my key and I was escorted to my room. Only thing it was not a room, I got upgraded to a Villa! I was stunned I had this gorgeous villa that sat on the top floor and overlooked the street/beach. There were 6 villas, each with its own seating area outside. My Villa had a large bedroom, sitting area and massive bathroom. It was a little piece of heaven in what can be a chaotic town! The pool area is fantastic, there was always day chairs to lay and take in the sun. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious and had a wide variety of food. In the evening the restaurant features a live band and the food is delicious!

I don't think I will ever forget my stay ay Baan Laimai!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Checked into hotel with pool-view room for 5 nights. After checking, while hanging out on the balcony? We were locked outside for 30 mins. Had to get a neighbouring room to get reception to come get us out. While waiting outside, the chair broke when I sat on it. The chair was taken away and didnt return back. Toilet/bathroom is rusting terribly on handles and shower head. Room is big but feels empty as there is not much furniture. Requested a new room and was given one as i didnt want to get stuck on the balcony again. New room has a balcony but faces a wall. Got home late night to shower after being out all day and there is no hot water. Already booked another hotel and forfeiting my other 4 nights as I dont want this to ruin my trip. Usd $750 wasted.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank David S
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great hotel, great location enjoyed every moment of our stay. Its rght in the centre of patong whilst being relaxing at the same time. Entertain provided by the hotel at nigh with great cocktails being served

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kayliebrook2
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Good for location, steps away from the beach...

Check in:
Like other reviewers said, you don't get to check in early. We understand but everyone was treated the same.
The staff pointed to the desk "Check in is 2pm"!

The Reception staff do not portray an image that they interested in their job. No Smile... That's not the usual Thai style that I have been traveling within Asia.

When you requested for a Duty Manager, Assistant General Manager, the staff replied "Oh sorry, no manager on duty..."!

Last time staying in this hotel.

Poolside and Room Service guys are more cheery & happy people.!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stars72
Reviewed January 17, 2014

If you are looking for a place close to the beach (just cross the street), shopping’s and restaurants, you will find there. The pool is nice also, so if you are tired of the beach, or beach is too crowded, the pool gives you a good option. Rooms are spacious, clean but furniture/condition needs attention. After some problems in our room due to maintenance, we were moved to a pool view room which was great - if you have chance to select this type of room, it is recommend. All staff very friendly and attentive. Good breakfast. New Year Celebration was great with excellent variety of food and shows.

Room Tip: If you can choose the room, i would recommend the pool view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LuSing
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is ideally located with the beach across the road, various restaurants, pubs, spas and shops within walking distance. The reception customer service was excellent, we even extended our stay by 2 nights, total stay of 11 nights! Bangla road (nightlife at its best) is not even a 3min walk. Tuk tuk taxis are available at the road in front of the hotel. The pool was one of the best I've seen and been in. The room service meals were of an excellent standard.

If location is important to you, this is ideal!

It is very noisy due to the road being close by and the entertainment at the hotel being on til late, so not ideal for a quiet get away with a loved one, ideal for a group of friends. Free wifi available and great business centre to keep in touch with family back home, standard gym facilities available also. The daily breakfast was sufficient, but could be better in terms of variety. The room service/housekeeping staff's English is not too good, sometimes you don't get what you asked for.

I suggest a pool facing room, its creates the perfect scene to a great holiday.

Room Tip: Pool/beach facing rooms are a must have!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends