“Good place to stay”

Ranked #16 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Indian Harbour Beach FL
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here Oct 26-27 and enjoyed the location, great pool, good service, friendly people, nice play area for children. Beds were on the hard side, but ok. Room large. On the main road, across from the beach. Make sure to ask for quiet room as they have a live band that plays until about 10PM. It didn't bother us as our room was on the 6th floor in the building above the check-in desk. Free internet. We booked on agora.com and the rate was $87/night all inclusive. No free breakfast. I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gloria347

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I traveled with a party of 14 football players for an end of season trip. As the elder statesman of the group, I was a little worried after reading Trip Advisor reviews these past couple of months but I shouldn't have been concerned, I can only surmise that some of the reviews were posted by people who don't often travel, stayed at a different hotel or were posted by competitors trying to denigrate the opposition.

Lets itemise...

1. Check in time: took 10 minutes (around standard in S.E. Asia) and I was on my way with a porter who took my luggage and me to my assigned room.

2. Rooms: I had a deluxe room in the same block as the reception area. The room was huge, very clean and had an extremely comfortable King Size bed. The first day, the room was made up after 6.00pm. Second day, I noticed that there are two lights outside my room. One said "do not disturb"and the other said "make up my room". Once, I discovered this and switched on the correct light, I found that I could go out for a couple of hours and come back to a perfectly made up room.

3. Facilities: As everyone else has said, the pool is huge and there are many sun beds so you will never miss out. Drinks at the pool bar aren't particularly cheap but not expensive either. Food prices vary but you can't go past the steak sandwich and fries for 180 Baht ($6 AUD). The rest of the grounds are fantastic. The original block, above the old reception area, is being renovated and some of my friends had rooms in this block. Their rooms weren't as nice as mine, but were still clean and comfortable.

4.Staff: People, this is Thailand - no one speaks good english, so you need to take a little more time to communicate. However, as a group, we were all treated with the utmost friendliness, and we always seem to be. Here's the tip; if you smile, go out of your way to be friendly and even have a couple of jokes with the staff, you will be repaid a thousand fold. We witnessed others (mostly of middle eastern origin) be rude, aggressive or arrogant with staff, and they received poor service in return. Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.

5. Location: As others have said...right across the road from the beach and short walk to Bangla Road, Jungceylon shopping centre and Banana Walk. Numerous (cheap) dining cafes at your doorstep and even a Subway and Burger King if that is your thing.

In summary, I have travelled to Thailand, Bali and Malaysia, multiple times over the past decade and can honestly say that this resort ranks right up with the best of them. At the price we paid, it is an out and out bargain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bob S
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel's location is really good, and it happens to be on a very famous crowded street Patong, whereby you can find many shops, facing the beach - not the best one though - plenty of restaurants around.What characterizes this hotel the most is this big swimming pool with the bar in it, and the rooms' balconies are also nice. However, their service and cleanness were really poor. The breakfast was horrible as well with few varieties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I never experienced such bad service at a restaurant with its service staff in Phuket. I am writing this whist still in Lai Mai Restaurant which is exactly in front of Baan Laimai Beach Resort.

The service staff is not attentive at all. And worse, they are not friendly!

1. We asked if they have veggie dishes and we got a curt reply to check the menu. We wouldnt have asked if it was in the menu!
2. We were at the table for over 20 minutes and we were not even asked or served water. This is basic service anticipation, knowing what the patrons need before they even know it.
3. When the food came after 25 minutes, there wasnt any rice along the entrees. We asked for extra rice to be served. And we got a reply saying, its not free and we have to pay. I wouldnthink that that is already a given.

All in all, worse service. Thai's are well known to be attentive and friendly especially at a place like Phuket. The staff at Lai Mai Resraurant in front of Baan Laimai Beach Resort sorely shames the image of Thai people. How disappointing!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank shanchua65
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Baan Laimai Beach Resort on Patong Beach from the 20th to the 28th of September 2013. The resort absolutely dazzled in the photo's we viewed prior to booking.
Upon arrival it still looked pretty special, in most parts. There seemed to be a number of unfinished rooms and possibly outbuildings throughout the complex which really detracted from its presentation.
I understand that the main cluster of buildings had been recently renovated. They had a great concept its just the execution of it which appeared to have been done on the cheap without a great degree of attention to detail.
The front building / wing of the hotel closest to Patong Beach actually commenced internal demolition works over the last days of our trip. This proved a tad noisy whilst lounging about the great big pool - which is delightful by the way, just a bit shallow.
Who really goes to Patong Beach to relax anyway. The area is full on hustle and bustle until well into the night! :)
Regarding our Quarters... We stayed in a deluxe room with balcony in building 3 on level 6. Great big room. Fantastic air conditioning. Modern Trendy styled bathroom with wild silver tiles possessing a surface reminiscent of old vinyl records. Shower had an enormous square rose and a small hand sprayer as well. They were difficult to operate but once we taught ourselves it was smooth sailing.
Plenty of space for all of my wife's precious toiletries on the vanity with great big mirrors. The lighting was sufficient, although difficult to navigate the controls; which were all over the place. They worked flawlessly and appeared 100% safe.
You must ensure that you get two swipe cards or you will return to a warm room and a warm fridge we made that mistake a number of times until we realized that a card had to remain in the transmitter slot at all times to get power.
The bed was gloriously firm, adorned with the perfect amount of bedding which was expertly made daily. We slept very well. The walls did seem thin however which was a downer.
I was unlucky enough to spend a day sick in bed. Unlucky because one of my neighbors must have been watching an international football match at stupid volumes.
Room service for things like toilet paper wasn't very good. They only provided us with a single roll of toilet paper when requested.
The language barrier was a challenge whilst trying to check in. I was shocked that we weren't assisted to our rooms from beyond the front desk. They explained our room location well enough. So we did manage to find it alright.
The safe provided in the room was free for the taking. It was secured very poorly to the gyprock wall and had already been torn off. Not very good for piece of mind. It was a great little safe though.
The breakfast buffet was better than I was expecting. The skilled egg chefs did a great job looking after my wife and I every morning like royalty.
A senior staff member who's name was something like 'Chardonnay' was the most helpful man we met, no other staff really offered anything,which was a refreshing break from getting hassled constantly by salespeople on the streets. Language barrier was evident, constantly. The front desk guys did do there best and were polite.

It was a bit rough and ready but still presented exceptional value. I totally enjoyed my stay and am certain that I will return again. Even with all the building and unfinished works going on it was still a nice place to be.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with with only one common wall. Building 3 was the pick of the litter for peace and q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gavin T
Reviewed September 27, 2013

very good hotel in a prime location.realy value for money,the beach is acrrose the street big rooms with all the facilities guest need. mini bar,coffee set and else.the breakfast is o.k and the swimming pool is good also

Room Tip: rooms at the upper floors or first floor with exit to the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gangan25
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Never experienced such a lousy services. I called twice before coming and requested for twin room, when we reached, You can guess.
Room number is misleading, so without a bellman, we took 10 mins to locate our room. Bear in mind, first number of your room is not floor number.
Lousy room, big and empty. aircon didnt work. Called reception twice and service guy took more than 20 mins to reach. Can't fix so soon, so we changed room. No one help, so we did it alone and took another 5 mins to find d room. View? Don't think about it. I do see a lot of rooms with nice view but definitely not our "deluxe room". You can call it "other's rooftop view". Will post a photo about it.
Tomorrow we are leaving, so packing the bag now and realized we lost a pair if leather sandals, new one, 2 days old. Called housekeeping, was told nothing found in old room. Very hard to communicate, and impossible we lost d shoes outside! The service attitude really pissed me off! The way that reception staff talked to me as if I'm looking for trouble! Not only this time, when we change room, asked for new room keys and no one came to change room for us, the attitude was bad. Don't mention they tried to give me a king size bed room, don't they have a record or at least verbal communication?!
The lift looks like new but every part is shaking, looks like gonna be collapse soon. Many places are undergoing construction, very disturbing.
Lousiest experience ever!