Baan Laimai Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$173
$144
Amari.com
Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$100
Nap Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$87
$58
Agoda.com
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$77
$68
B-Lay Tong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$156
$89
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
$101
$85
$65
$58
$132
$119
Marriott Hotels
2,267 results
All reviewslive bandmantiacross the roadpool viewpool bargreat poolthai foodthe location is perfectbangla roadbuffet breakfastgreat resortbangla rdanilphuketactionnightlifejungceylon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Where do I begin?

CHECK IN/OUT - We had no problem with this process at all, Check in was completed with in 10-15 minutes and check out took about the same amount of time. There are a lot of people complaining about the 3000 THB deposit for room keys, we were not charged this and we were informed that they are no longer taking this deposit.

ROOM - We were in deluxe ocean view room 5505 which also had a prime pool view!
The rooms are quiet dark and not all of our lighting worked, minor problem.
The maid came everyday and in fact one day we were just relaxing in our room I had the do not disturb sign on and housekeeping called me to make sure I did not want my room cleaned, thats service! However I am not too sure what the maids actually do other than make the bed and supply fresh towels, some days we did not even get toilet paper, on several occasions I had to phone housekeeping and get them to bring toilet paper to our room.
There was a lot that would need to be done to make this room clean to an Australian standard. There was mould on the ceiling, greasy hand prints on the wall above the bed head of all places :-/, something that looked like vomit on the corner of the wall and quiet a lot of grime build up in the shower, So off I went to family mart for some bathroom cleaner.... bathroom fixed!
Overall for what we paid I was happy with the accommodation, I mean for $50 AUD per night what can you really expect?

POOL - The pool is amazing! you can always get a deckchair and the pool bar staff are great.

RESTAURANT - I would not waste my time going back to the restaurant for the quality and taste of the food it was severely OVER PRICED.

BUFFET BREAKFAST - Well worth paying the extra money for! breakfast was excellent every day, it was always fresh and tasty.

LOCATION - The location of this hotel is PERFECT!! If you walk straight out from reception Family Mart (7/11) is right next door, straight across the soi is the G spot bar which is a quiet little bar with cheap COLD drinks and right next door to that is Orange Massage where the girls are super friendly (We actually paid for one of the girls Sara to come into the Naka market with us and she was fantastic with getting us the best prices and telling us if something was just not worth the money. It cost us 500THB for her to come with us and I bought her some shoes and a shirt to thank her for her troubles), if you turn left on the soi there is a restaurant call Song Pee Nong which has fantastic Thai and western food and right across from there is an indian restaurant which i cannot remember the name of but the food was great.
Jungceylon Shopping center is only about a 10 minute walk away which is great to have a stroll around when its raining or just too hot to be outside.
The beach is across the road and the market stalls are everywhere.
There is a money exchange right out the front of the hotel and also an ATM.

I think that is my review done!
I hope this information has helped but if you want to know anything else feel free to message me.

Room Tip: 5503, 5504, 5505, 5506 are all excellently positioned rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisha81
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I would encourage all travellers to avoid this hotel. The hotel takes a 3000 THB credit card security deposit and their policy, as stated on their website, is to refund that deposit within seven days. Stayed between 3 and 7 August 2013. It is now 13 September and, despite numerous polite requests, we have still not received our refund. From other reviews on several travel sits, it seems that this is common practice for this hotel. BEWARE !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strzelecki61
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

They have a cool place and a perfect get a way....u will love it there. When u get out from the hotel front of it is the sea and u can also go walking at the same time shopping coz its almost near to shopping center and nearby small shops. It is also a few step a way from there mini mart anf restaurants....

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank eaaseeri
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A fairly good hotel, we underestimated it a little bit before and in the first few hours. Although the staff here is less hospitable than other places, and I think they are not really interested in picking up their reception phone.... but overall I think it is a good experience. The pool is great and clean, with a lot of seating spaces to sit or lie nearby. The rooms are just ok, pretty basic to say it softly... but at the price that I got it, I think I cant complain.

There was this issue of warm water in the shower, plz talk to the reception firmly if you experience anything similar. The breakfast was pretty good, we didnt have any complains about that. For people who want to look for a basic room for under $500 mark, this is probably the best place in patong. Its really close to the beach and almost all the necessary stuff is whithin 5-10 minutes distance.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a pool view, I didn't have one, but the people who had it were the most happiest.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Faizan M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed a couple nights here pool was awesome great location. Nice big bed. Water pressure was almost no existent though in shower. Will stay here again. Cost $nzd75 a night after hotel tax and agoda fees.

• Stayed: September 2013