Baan Laimai Beach Resort
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$118
$100
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$87
$77
$95
2,318 results
All reviewslive bandmantiacross the roadpool viewpool bargreat poolthai foodthe location is perfectbangla roadbuffet breakfastgreat resortbangla rdanilphuketactionnightlifejungceylon
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Baan Laimai for 2 weeks in October 2012.
After reading all the horrible reviews I was terrified of staying there, until we pulled up out the front at 12am and were taken straight out of the taxi by the bellboy and whisked away to reception, we were treated like VIP's. Check in was the easiest ever, and we were taken straight to our room(Deluxe pool view room).
Our room was beautiful, lovely and clean. Everything was exactly as it looked in the pictures.
The bed was really firm, but we slept well and woke up very refreshed every day.
The room was very quiet.. The "live band" every night was not as loud as it is made out to be, could not hear it with doors closed.
House keeping was very efficient, always came back in the afternoon to a clean room, fresh towels and linen everyday, and the young lady who cleaned our room was very sweet.
The pool was great, shallow in areas so you could just relax and deep enough in other areas so you could swim around. The pool bar was so much fun, so many cocktails to choose from and the bar staff were very friendly, Marwin especially :-)
There was work going on around the hotel, but you could not hear this from our room (which was right below the work going on)
You could book tours through the hotel, and the lady who ran this service was full of honest advice, and gave discounts where she could, and remembered us and where we had been every time we went back.
The location of the hotel was perfect, a very short walk from bangla rd, and shops and lots of restaurants right out the front.
Checkout was a breeze, we were given our deposit back straight away, and they held our bags, free of charge, for a few hours while we had time to kill before our flight.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel, I would definitely recommend it, and I will definitely be staying there again.

My biggest tip for people staying in Thailand, a smile goes a long way! If you are nice to the staff, shop keepers, tuk tuk drivers etc, they will respect you and give you the best service they can.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jenna-lee1
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here from the 22 sept to the 7 of oct,we had the best time.The staff are amazing.We had no trouble with check in and out,we paid the deposit of $100 and received it back on check out.We enjoyed spending time at the pool bar as Marwin the pool bar attendant entertained us with his down to earth humour.The room service is fast and very yummy.Breakfast was full on ,with loads of choices,including chocolate cake for breakfast:).The band did go til early morning,but its a holiday resort so music is a must.Will be recommending this hotel to all our friends.

Over all we cant wait til next year to come back to the Baan Laimai with our kids....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed in an old room at the front. They are run down and need a serious makeover. The noise from the live band downstairs comes straight into your room and goes til pas midnight so no sleep til the last set is over.
The food in the restaurant is good but expensive. The service at reception is friendly but slow. One nasty surprise is a 3000 baht security deposit that does not get refunded for over three weeks! More a place for young singles - not for families.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sam W
Reviewed October 9, 2012

i did not enjoy staying in this hotel.my room was not clean.saw few cockroaches.when i complained about the issue they did not offer any room change.there were not much selection for breakfast buffet also.except the location,overall the service was very poor.so i would not recommend anybody to stay in this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tony d
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After my stay I wondering if ever I still can trust agoda recommendation or not?
Over all the hotel it's nice and facilities are meet up your request, but the service at reception doesn't make me feel happy at all, as am also a hotelier this kind of thing shouldn't be happen, and it's never happen in my working place.
Two day before our flight I email to reservation for arrange airport transportation, but I didn't get any reply from your.
I understand the check in time it's 2pm and we arrived very early, so went out for food and walk then come back to the hotel about 1230pm because was start to rain. so I tried to ask the reception if ever there is an room can you please let us check in a bit early? And the guy just look at me say "sorry your room won't be ready so early because the guest having check out, you have to wait till 2pm", will will ok.
Then when I feed back about the reservation didn't reply my email, then the guy told me "actually you take taxi from airport its cheaper", maybe it's true but then in that case your website shouldn't put in this service.
After 2pm we still not getting our room, I approached to the counter and ask, they ask us to wait for another 15 minutes. 20 minutes later no one come and tell us if the room ready, I have to go and ask them again, then the staff pass us the room and let us check in, so which means if I don't ask you don't talk. "GreatJOB"
It's your room really full house can't even change another room for us, we must wait for that particular room to check in?
If your reservation staff don't even know how to reply email then why should you need the staff sitting down there for doing nothing? Arrival guest just sitting there for feeding mosquito.
Your management should looking into staff training and motivate your staff performance.
As hotelier as front line staff your should know assigning room to the arrival guest should be flexible.

Room Tip: The hotel facilities not bad, but the staff at the counter not helpful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple