“Baan Lai Mai needs some work”

Baan Laimai Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed in an old room at the front. They are run down and need a serious makeover. The noise from the live band downstairs comes straight into your room and goes til pas midnight so no sleep til the last set is over.
The food in the restaurant is good but expensive. The service at reception is friendly but slow. One nasty surprise is a 3000 baht security deposit that does not get refunded for over three weeks! More a place for young singles - not for families.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sam W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

i did not enjoy staying in this hotel.my room was not clean.saw few cockroaches.when i complained about the issue they did not offer any room change.there were not much selection for breakfast buffet also.except the location,overall the service was very poor.so i would not recommend anybody to stay in this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tony d
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After my stay I wondering if ever I still can trust agoda recommendation or not?
Over all the hotel it's nice and facilities are meet up your request, but the service at reception doesn't make me feel happy at all, as am also a hotelier this kind of thing shouldn't be happen, and it's never happen in my working place.
Two day before our flight I email to reservation for arrange airport transportation, but I didn't get any reply from your.
I understand the check in time it's 2pm and we arrived very early, so went out for food and walk then come back to the hotel about 1230pm because was start to rain. so I tried to ask the reception if ever there is an room can you please let us check in a bit early? And the guy just look at me say "sorry your room won't be ready so early because the guest having check out, you have to wait till 2pm", will will ok.
Then when I feed back about the reservation didn't reply my email, then the guy told me "actually you take taxi from airport its cheaper", maybe it's true but then in that case your website shouldn't put in this service.
After 2pm we still not getting our room, I approached to the counter and ask, they ask us to wait for another 15 minutes. 20 minutes later no one come and tell us if the room ready, I have to go and ask them again, then the staff pass us the room and let us check in, so which means if I don't ask you don't talk. "GreatJOB"
It's your room really full house can't even change another room for us, we must wait for that particular room to check in?
If your reservation staff don't even know how to reply email then why should you need the staff sitting down there for doing nothing? Arrival guest just sitting there for feeding mosquito.
Your management should looking into staff training and motivate your staff performance.
As hotelier as front line staff your should know assigning room to the arrival guest should be flexible.

Room Tip: The hotel facilities not bad, but the staff at the counter not helpful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShirleyLiu
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and 15 year old daughter stayed for 8 nights and loved it, we had a swim access pool room and totally recommend. The breakfast every morning was fantastic and the staff only to happy to help. the location to the beach,shops, and Bangala Rd was excellent, we chose this place as we wanted to be close to everything and everything is on your door step. The only downfall is the beds, they are soooo hard I had trouble sleeping on them, recommend the hotel invest in some topper's or bring one with you, but other than that totally recommend, We will be back.
PS Try the dish where you cook your own meats, love it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Georgia B
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My stay was awesome. Big spacious room where you can have a mini party in your room or friends.. We were at room 7605 top floor with nice good view. They do have renovation going around but it was fine for me.. close to the beach, shopping mall and everything else.
Disadvantage: The lift is not working when it rains. But dont worry they have a new lift at the new wings.
WARNING: To all Tripadvisors PLEASE DO AVOID this Bike renting area. its just opposite the hotel. close enough Burger King. It's a scam..i had a bad experience here..
I would recommend the POOL VIEW ROOM.

Room Tip: Please book the pool view room. Worth your money. It's really big and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sophian S
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned after staying 7 Nights there this month. After reading all the negative reviews I was skeptical about staying here as well. Turned out the place is just fine. It makes you wonder what hotel previous reviewers stayed at!!! Perfect location, breakfast is great, and rooms are solid. Staff were friendly and nothing was an issue. Maybe people should learn how to speak to people without being rude and obnoxious.(Here's a tip, learn some basic Thai like "Hello" "How are you" and "Thank-you") They appreciate you trying. Check in was not a problem , I dealt with the Hotel Directly via e-mail before we arrived and just made sure everything was clear and in writing which i took with me to make sure it was as smooth as possible. This was a big plus. We had three rooms and arrived very early two rooms were ready and we were able to go straight into them, they had everything you needed. The rooms we had were pool view. (Yes the shower leaked a little as did the fridge, and the air conditioner was a little noisy) But hey no big issue.

Construction was going on but was not an annoyance. (When are they suppose to upgrade if its not going to be in the off season?) Some need to read reviews before booking!

Beach is perfectly located across the street and shopping and nightlife is right around the corner. People just expect too much these days and apparently love to complain about stuff.
Yes "wow wee" the band played till midnight!!! Haha Its Phuket People! If you want quiet do your homework and stay further South or North.

Ok, so I've given it a big wrap so i should point out some of the faults as well.
Construction was going on and blocked off part of the swim up bar!
Air Con was a little noisy but I slept fine.
Shower drain was slow and filled up a bit when the shower was on flat out. (turned shower down a touch and that fixed that)
Shower and fridge leaked a little.
My biggest issue was the fridge wasn't icy cold!! (I like cold drinks) Hahahaha

We would def return to Bann Laimai,

Room Tip: Expect a little noise going on at the moment Take print outs out accommodation details Learn a fe...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank DoctorPaul1111
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon in Thailand. We booked a pool view room which was fine for the price – fairly basic with a veranda ect. All the facilities were pretty good – except for the fairly rude front desk staff! The swim up bar was fantastic! And the staff remembered us each day! They made our stay! - also 2 for 1 cocktails - awesome!

We however did not book this hotel for the room or the facilities – we booked Baan Laimai because of the AWSOME location! It is right in front of the beach – within walking distance to everything that Patong has to offer, including the great night life. We only needed to catch one Tuk tuk the whole time we were there!

All in all I would say this hotel is pretty great for the great price that you pay for a room. Next time I would defiantly pay a little extra for a pool access room – swim right up to your room!

If you are wanting a relaxing time in Patong – then this hotel or location probably isn’t the right place for you! But if you want to be in the heart of all the action and not wanting to spend too much time in your room then this is perfect!

Room Tip: Get a pool view or pool access room - and if noise is an issue - ask for a room towards the back of...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple