“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!”

Ranked #185 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Cornelius
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Easily the worst place I stayed in Thailand.
Found in a Lonely Planet book, so figured it had to be fine.
The woman (I think owner) was the rudest, meanest person I encountered in the country. Surly as I paid her cash, argumentative when I questioned the contants of my minibar vs. the inventory sheet.
As for the room, it was functional, but about the quality and comfort of a US Days Inn, right before it is rebranded into an even lower level chain. Dingy, cheap old blankets, peeling paint, etc.
Location and quiet were good, but with the 1000 places to stay in Patong, I'm positive you can do better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Finland
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Rooms were dirty and full of ants. Sheets were not changed even if asked. Staff very unfriendly. Even with a cheap price I cannot recommend to stay in there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Arrived in Patong in November 2009 after travelling from Ko Samui. Turned up at Capricorn on spec, and managed to book three weeks there. The service was lovely, the staff were really helpful and always smiling. Our rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard, the cleaners were also lovely. We ended up staying another few weeks as we were so happy there. We weren't really there for the nightlife, which is what Patong is really for, but we still had a good time. We were also told we could use the swimming pool at K hotel next door. Next door to Capricorn is Capricorn Internet cafe and travel agent, they booked our Visa Run to Burma there which went smoothly. I would definately recommend Capricorn Village to anybody.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vicki_1988
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The staff at the Capricorn was magnificent. We moved out of our previous accommodation in Phuket-M's Guesthouse-due to a very bad experience, only to be welcomed with true Thai hospitality here. The rooms are standard for hostel, but do contain a stocked bar fridge. the coffee shop outside-part of the capricorn hotel-makes the BEST coffee, and next door is the internet cafe (also part of capricorn hotel). It's very close to the Jung Ceylong Mall and Bangla road..the hub of activity, and although i thought it might be very noisy in the evening, it wasn't a problem and easy to get a good nights sleep. Special thanks to Ms Na and her team who really made our stay a pleasure-she and her team where on standby to arrange taxi's, post letters, give directions and advise and help us with early check-in when i pitched at their place at 7am looking for a new hotel. The have 24hr security as well. All the tourist companies we used found the location easily.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I don't know where you have read about tennis court. Of course there is no such thing. Must be a mistake. I have stayed now three times at Capricorn and I have never experienced that the gate to K-hotel was locked, low or peak season.
I just learnt that some new rooms have been built. I don't know anything about them but I will find out in a few days when I arrive to Capricorn for the fourth time!
Nils-Paul Nordin (Sweden)

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2006

Adverties pool & tennis court, there is no tennis court, the pool belongs to the K Hotel next door & you can only use it when the K Hotel has over booked it's rooms & has their customers staying at the Capricorn, otherwise they keep the gate locked. Rooms have the aircon adjust buttons removed so you can't cool them down enough. Next door are several girlie bars & a disco, don't expect to try and sleep until 4am, thats about what time your bungalow stops vibrating. Other than that I can't complain except for all the stray cats that live there. 1500 baht a night, I guess you get what you pay for.
martin

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Rico's Hotel
#201 of 378 in Kathu
Lamai Inn
Lamai Inn
#138 of 322 in Patong

Been to Capricorn Village? Share your experiences!