My wife and i stayed at Villa Atchara for 10 nights from 1st January.
it was our seventh trip to Thailand together and this has to be one of the best so far.
We were met at the airport by Johan (the owner) and he talked to us all the way during the drive to Patong, giving us useful tips of where to eat, where to go out etc... We felt at ease the moment we entered the hotel which has a calm homely feel to it in a sort of tropical colonial way. The staff are all Thai and extremely friendly and cheerful and this only added to our enjoyment of the Hotel.
Villa Atchara is located at the Northern end of Patong beach near to the Novotel and up a little road off the main road that gets very little traffic and is very peaceful. The beach is only a couple of minutes walk and there are shops (eg. Seven/eleven) also just a short walk from the hotel. Also, there are authentic Thai massage places and plenty of restaurants and bars nearby.
Everything about the hotel was perfect for us. It ticked all our boxes from the large airy rooms (which are spotlessly clean) to the friendly service and authentic Thai food in the restaurant.
Our hosts, Johan and Parn are great and certainly made our stay there a special one.
They always have time for a friendly chat and you are made to feel more like one of the family rather than a hotel guest.
The location is ideal, close to Patong beach, 10 to 15 minutes walk to the centre of Patong's night life area and shops yet it is very quiet at night with no neighbouring bars or restaurants making a noise.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and intend to stay here again as soon as we manage to get back to Phuket.
There is a lot to be said for staying in a small intimate hotel rather than a huge resort type hotel.
There are plenty of repeat guests here, which speaks for its self.
Breakfast was included in the rate, but we were late up most days and the odd day we had breakfast it was ok.
The Thai food that we ate at the hotel was fantastic (we feel qualified to judge as we eat Thai food all the time) and the portions were large and it was extremely fresh and spicy.
Not much else to say except thank you for a great stay, keep up the good work Johan, Parn and staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Atchara is the perfect getaway in Patong. Close to all the fun but quiet from traffic and sellers. We have pool, free internet, restaurant, bar,tour info. Welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Atchara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Atchara Hotel Patong
- Atchara Hotel Patong
- Villa Atchara Patong, Phuket