“Best value for the money in Patong”
Review of Villa Atchara

Villa Atchara
Ranked #81 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel during this past summer. I traveled to Phucket by myself and stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. I did a lot of research prior to making an accomodation selection in Phuket and decided on this one due to the location and price.

Very clean rooms, excellent location, and superb staff. It's located at the far end of Patong down a very quiet street--and trust me, it's not easy to find a quiet location like this at Patong. However, despite it being hidden and tucked away from the strip It still happens to be less than 200 meters from the beach and around a 5-10 minute walk from the main stretch on the strip.

Furthermore, the owner of the hotel, Johan was very accomodating and welcoming towards me--especially considering that I was traveling by myself. His family was in town as well and he invited me our for dinner with them, all of who were great company!

Also, it had a great salt water pool, free high speed internet (huge plus), and free breakfast! And they had no problem with me bringing guests back to the hotel to swim and have a few drinks!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed January 9, 2010

Johan, Parn and all the staff created a perfect atmosphere in this lovely house. Do not expect a 5 star resort but 5 star service is definitely the best word to describe this hotel.
Location is great because it is not in the middle of Patong's craziness. You have to walk 15 min if you're looking for ladie boys and all that crap. If you just want the beach, a few restaurants (and the best ones are not far - Joes Downstairs, White Box...) this is perfect.
The room itself is clean, big enough, a bit noisy as rooms are facing the swimming pool and some people like having their breakfast early.
The real value of Villa Atchara is service: from the minute you step into this house you feel at home. They call you with your first name, they suggest where to go, what to do...

To conclude, if you're looking for a relaxing atmosphere not too far from Patong's entertainment Villa Atchara is your choice.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2009

The best value for money hotel in all of Patong. Clean, comfortable and perfectly situated to all that Patong has to offer. If you like to be greeted by your first name for breakfast in the morning, stay in comfortable and quiet surrounds, this is the place to stay. The staff are wonderful and I can understand why so many travellers keep on coming back. I know I'll be returning.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xavcon
Reviewed September 6, 2009

8 of us in total stayed here for 7 nights in August 2009. Our stay was fantastic. The hotel is located about a 10min walk from Bangla road, so its quiet enough to get a decent sleep at night & not too loud. Its only a 2 min walk to the beach for a swim, if you don't want to take advantage of the gorgeous pool they have.
Johan, Pan & all of the staff were fantastic. They organised all of us on one floor & there were no hassles. Eggs cooked to order, breakfast was great!
The Deluxe rooms were spacious & clean. The superior rooms were quite a bit smaller, and I personally think its worth spending the extra money for a bit more space.
I would strongly reccommend this place to my friends, groups/couples/families alike!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for only one night. We wished it was more. The property is beautiful. The pool is incredible and the hotel is great. The owner is scandanavian and the hotel has a lot western characteristics. That makes it very nice. The staff is very helpful and the service is great. Breakfast is included in the morning and was fantasic. The rooms were very nice, good size and clean. Very close to the beach and plenty of food around for a short walk. This hotel was also quite. No bumping music from clubs. Very relaxing. I would strongly recommend this hotel to everyone. Especially families. Your kids will love the pool. But, at the same time romantic for couples.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at Villa Atchara, The room was large, clean and quiet. The staff do everything they can to make you feel at home. The breakfast was always good with eggs made to order, fruit and choice of breads. it is an easy walk to the beach. The swimming pool was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank mphflorida
Reviewed April 2, 2009

We are at Villa Atchara now arrived 8 days ago and couldnt be happier, we are staying for one month. I found this hotel on this site and contacted Johan by email and organised our stay, excellent service even when I rang and asked if we could arrive 2 days early, the room was ready for us 1 hour later. The hotel is lovely, like a large french home, you are treated like family, nothing is too much trouble. Johan, Parm and Staff are friendly and helpful, room is large and very clean, breakfast is excellent, restaurant has good food at good price, pool is sparkling, and the lift is an added bonus. Price of room is excellent. We have been travelling through, Malayasia, Vietnam and Thailand and have stayed at many hotels most of them being more expensive, but we have never felt so comfortable, safe and welcome as we have at this charming hotel. Its at the quiet end of town 10 mins walk to bars and etc. 3 mins walk to beach. There are many restaurants close by from cheap to more expensive. We will definately return to Villa
Atchara