“Good experience”

Duangjitt Resort & Spa
Ranked #88 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Loved the pool and poolbar. Superior rooms were large and spacious. Not so keen on frosted glass for the toilet doors though. A/C worked and it was clean. Great location. Staff very friendly and brekkie was a very good selection.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you very much for your review posted on Trip advisor. We appreciate that you had great stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Phuket

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 11 nights in the deluxe garden rooms which we had interconnecting as we are family of 2 adults 4 children 11-14. Check in staff were not friendly which is very disappointing.
We have stayed at the Holiday Inn at Patong previously but chose here hoping that it was quieter which it was. Plenty of room around the pool, which is just beautiful, kids loved the waterfall. Breakfast was okay surprised there was no bananas on the fruit plates as bananas in Thailand are the best we have ever eaten. The rooms were a surpeise with the lack of privacy to the toilet and shower these are not in a separate room. Our children loved Mr Saki sorry if spelt incorrectly, they looked forward to seeing him everyday. The grounds are immaculate, food in restaurants was good. Great location close to everything but away from the noise. Overall we were very happy with the resort but a waterslide into the main pool for older children would be fantastic. I took 2 girls to the Phuket Orchid farm, dont bother very disappointing. We all got sick, take all your mediciation with you as this was our 3rd visit and we have never been ill like this before for days on end. Warning the beds are rock hard i read previous reviews and thought that they cant be that hard but believe me they are like sleeping on a slab of concrete.

Room Tip: Just read all reviews as some people said our rooms were a long way from the pool etc but we did not...
1  Thank bythebeachMcCraeVic

Thank you very much for your grateful review please be informed that your kind suggestion comment on lacking of bananas for breakfast buffet and having no a water slide for older children at our main pool, these have been addressed to our board meeting therefore we can share your value comments amongst the management.

BTW as your compliments on our Activity Manager Mr Saki, we also have passed on your wishes to him.

As for the hard mattress issue, please note that upon your arrival, only if you had informed us, we would have given you the topper which has frequently requested by guests from Australia. Generally, it is common that most beds in hotels in Asia are similar to what we are having. the mattress is not too hard to sleep.(According to the research, hard bed is good for your blood circulation)

Lastly, we do apology that our check-in process would not meet your expectation. We trust that we will improve our service to exceed the guests expectation.

Thank you very much again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back if the chance may arise on your next visit to Phuket.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Love the location- nice & close to the action, but quiet & private. Massive grounds & so many pools! Staff are amazing! The food was pretty basic, not as good as other Patong beach resorts, but go for a walk & find something close & voila- perfect!!
We will be back that is for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank itravelwith3kids

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor. It is glad to learn that you had wonderful stay with us. We all are looking forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is really something; star quality service, great location, fantastic first class international buffet breakfast and food, awesome garden, amazing pools, great rooms, just stunning! We booked this hotel online and we stayed here right before the busy season, which meant that the hotel was undergoing some upgrading but this did not affect our stay whatsoever. Our room was upgraded upon arrival and we were served welcome drinks and a great live band was performing. The hotel is located ideally very close within easy walking distance to Patong beach, its street markets and entertainment. The rooms are of a very high standard and very clean. Transport is easily accessible from the hotel and the tourism reservations office is helpful in booking great trips with great prices. The spa is fantastic, beautiful and so serene, highly recommend a visit there on your stay. We recommend this hotel/resort for couples and families alike (as they cater for kids).

Room Tip: Under no circumstances put toilet paper into the toilet pot it might block it...lol
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrahamTarrin

We have read your review on Trip advisor with delight that you had spent great stay with us. We are all very proud that we can make your stay fulfill with happiness and memorable experience.

We wish to have a chance to be of service to you on your next visit to Phuket

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at Duanjitt with my wife and three kids (5, 3 and 1) in September / October, along with some extended family. We had booked adjoining rooms so that we could be close to our kids and were advised on check in that we'd be upgraded to a suite.

The suites were much bigger than the standard rooms (in comparison with our other family staying there) and were two story, with two w/c's, double basin and spa upstairs and a shower and single basin downstairs. It was very spacious, however with young children (specifically the 1 & 3 yo), the spiral staircase was a concern and the balustrade was only about 40cm high, so the kids could easily tumble over it - but they were well supervised when using the stairs.

The room had views over the lobby pool, and easy access via the balcony to the pool area. Rooms cleaned daily and sheets / towels changed most days.

The prices for food and beverage at the hotel are very fairly priced, leaving little reason to leave the hotel. The quality of the food was very good, with the exception of one incident of ants and a spider being cooked into my chicken satay. The kids menu offered a good selection of kid’s food at very good prices and was always cooked well.

Breakfast at the hotel left a lot to be desired, it appeared as though it was mainly prepared for the Asian clientele, with the western foods being bacon, cereal, Danish, toast, fruit and various eggs the rest was made up of whole fried potatoes, tomato based pasta (?) and other Asian type cuisine. The lobby restaurant was being renovated during our stay but opened 1/2 way through. No change to the menu, but the decor was a bit nicer than at the big hut.

The resort offered 3 pools, the lobby pool, which is a medium sized pool with a swim up bar, which appeared to only be staffed occasionally. This pool offered a toddler pool which was a fair bit shallower than the main pool, but constant supervision is required as there is only a 30 cm gap between that and the larger pool which is about 160cm deep (way too deep for small children). The main pool (big pool) was very nice with a large swim up bar. The pool surrounds a little island which you can walk over a log to get to if not keen on swimming. It also has a very shallow area which is great for babies and a kiddie pool for those a bit bigger; again, constant supervision is required.

The pools were lovely, but appeared to not be cleaned regularly as there was often sand, leaf litter and other crud under your feet and the sides of the pool edge were covered with moss / mildew.

The grounds are lovely and for the most part the staff were very friendly, our kids visited the kids club on a number of occasions, but we generally stayed to supervise them as there is a charge of you wish to leave them unaccompanied. The kids club is well equipped with various toys, an array of computers loaded with games, a rest area and a video area which are all segregated by the different mushrooms.

Duangjitt is located only minutes from Patong beach, with supermarket and shopping very close. There is little point in trying to negotiate with the tuk-tuk drivers as there is one flat fee of 200 Baht for anywhere in Patong. Interestingly, the hotel wouldn’t allow you to hop into a tuk-tuk from the lobby - you had to walk down to the street to get one. Transport can be arranged via the bell desk and is at a reasonable cost, which can be negotiated. The advantage of this is that the drivers don’t tend to want to take you to every factory and attraction that offers them a kick back.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience on check out which has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Our airport transfers were scheduled to collect us at 9pm for a midnight flight back to Perth, with the small children, we opted to put them to bed as usual and carry them straight to the bus so that they could continue sleeping.

I took our luggage to the lobby in advance, re-stocked the bar fridge with their product (I'd taken it out for my own drinks) and left money on the minibar tab for a bottle of water I'd consumed.

At 8.45 I carried my sleeping 3 year old to the lobby and handed my keys over while the transfer bus was waiting, I was told I had to wait while they checked the room, which basically meant that they would conduct a search to make sure that nothing was stolen. After about 10 minutes, with the rest of the family loaded onto the bus and waiting I was told that there were 2 teaspoons missing and 2 bottles of water had been consumed.

I attempted to tell the lady at reception that the spoons would be somewhere in the room, but to no avail and was then shown a catalogue of room items and told that they'd be 200 Baht each. I continued to tell them that my youngest son (1) would have been playing with them and they were likely under the bed or furniture, but was told that I should check with my other family if they knew where they were, I did so and no one knew. (My wife pointed out later that we'd actually used the spoons to feed our 1 year old at the pool on a couple of occasions and that they'd probably been left with the other cutlery from the food we'd eaten).

The lady at reception eventually had a manager come out and I explained that I didn't know where the spoons where, but they must be in the room - as the bus was waiting and I was holding a heavy 3 year old and over the whole situation I told the manager that to settle it I'd pay 100 baht - he agreed and I handed over 100 baht... just as I was about to storm over to the awaiting bus I was told by the lady that there was still the 2 bottles of water... As the bus had now been waiting for 20 minutes and over the need to argue that I'd only had one and left the money for it, I took out 200 baht and kept my change.

Overall, the hotel is good, food good and well priced, nice gardens, pools and surrounds but check out was a debacle I could have done without.

I'd suggest that checkout proceedures be advised to guests in advance of checkout to avoid that situation, Also would like Duanjitt to take note of my comments regarding the water and spoons, which would have ended up back in your kitchen... I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to argue with a sleeping child in my arms and a bus full of family waiting.

Room Tip: If your travelling as a family go for the two story suites much more comfortably and about the same...
1  Thank 2AD3CH

Thank you very much for your stay with us. We apologise that we cannot meet your expectation in some aspect. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Phuket.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took whole family to this hotel recommended by travel agent. We have always stayed at Merlin Beach which was a bit out of the way. This hotel is set in large grounds so if you have trouble walking not an ideal place to stay but grounds are beautifully kept and a pleasure to walk around. The room we had was in the Gasalong wing which was close to reception and breakfast area also kids club. Pool areas were very nice, all rooms very clean. Daughter's family was upgraded to family suite which is two levels and large. She was very happy with it. Some of the rooms we saw were quite strange in design as you entered through bathroom but room was nice apart from that. The hotel is set back from the road but just a short walk to beach and supermarket, plenty of shops and restuarants 5 minutes away. I would stay here again as it was quiet yet easily accessible to shops etc.My daughter found the mattress quite firm for her liking so told housekeeping and they put a foam overlay and it worked a treat!

2  Thank badcustservice
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoy your stay with us.
We wish to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future if the chance may arise.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our third visit to Phuket so we thought we would stay somewhere different this time around. We stayed at this resort during Melboune school holidays 19 Sept till 6 Oct, comprising of 2 children ages 12 and 14 and us. We had a duplex opposite the pool near reception. The rooms were quite large with a master bedroom upstairs huge bathroom (double basins) spa bath and all the other bits and pieces. Downstairs also had a king bed, smaller bathroom, yet quite functional. It was very well serviced daily. Breakfast was good, this was located in one of the outside dining areas, as the resturant near reception was under renovations....However before checkout we got to have breakfast there and they certainly have done a wonderful job. There is also a gym located along with beauty packages in the available. 3 massive pools in total with swim up bars, there are pool life guards on duty throughout the day. The hotel is located about 10-15 minute walk to Bangla road, Junceylon, eateries etc. It is set back from the road, yet convenient....All staff are excellent in English on the front desk and in the resort. There is also kids (the mushroom house!) club available but did not use this service. A massive conference centre is currently being built, should be completed in the new year. Overall we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chops42
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

It is very glad to learn that you had great stay with us. We do appreciate on your review. We wish to have you back to stay with us very soon if the chance may arise.