“Great value for $ and awesome pools!”

Duangjitt Resort & Spa
Ranked #91 of 327 Hotels in Patong
“Great value for $ and awesome pools!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Love the location- nice & close to the action, but quiet & private. Massive grounds & so many pools! Staff are amazing! The food was pretty basic, not as good as other Patong beach resorts, but go for a walk & find something close & voila- perfect!!
We will be back that is for sure!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank itravelwith3kids
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip advisor. It is glad to learn that you had wonderful stay with us. We all are looking forward to welcoming you back .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is really something; star quality service, great location, fantastic first class international buffet breakfast and food, awesome garden, amazing pools, great rooms, just stunning! We booked this hotel online and we stayed here right before the busy season, which meant that the hotel was undergoing some upgrading but this did not affect our stay whatsoever. Our room was upgraded upon arrival and we were served welcome drinks and a great live band was performing. The hotel is located ideally very close within easy walking distance to Patong beach, its street markets and entertainment. The rooms are of a very high standard and very clean. Transport is easily accessible from the hotel and the tourism reservations office is helpful in booking great trips with great prices. The spa is fantastic, beautiful and so serene, highly recommend a visit there on your stay. We recommend this hotel/resort for couples and families alike (as they cater for kids).

Room Tip: Under no circumstances put toilet paper into the toilet pot it might block it...lol
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GrahamTarrin
We have read your review on Trip advisor with delight that you had spent great stay with us. We are all very proud that we can make your stay fulfill with happiness and memorable experience.

We wish to have a chance to be of service to you on your next visit to Phuket
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at Duanjitt with my wife and three kids (5, 3 and 1) in September / October, along with some extended family. We had booked adjoining rooms so that we could be close to our kids and were advised on check in that we'd be upgraded to a suite.

The suites were much bigger than the standard rooms (in comparison with our other family staying there) and were two story, with two w/c's, double basin and spa upstairs and a shower and single basin downstairs. It was very spacious, however with young children (specifically the 1 & 3 yo), the spiral staircase was a concern and the balustrade was only about 40cm high, so the kids could easily tumble over it - but they were well supervised when using the stairs.

The room had views over the lobby pool, and easy access via the balcony to the pool area. Rooms cleaned daily and sheets / towels changed most days.

The prices for food and beverage at the hotel are very fairly priced, leaving little reason to leave the hotel. The quality of the food was very good, with the exception of one incident of ants and a spider being cooked into my chicken satay. The kids menu offered a good selection of kid’s food at very good prices and was always cooked well.

Breakfast at the hotel left a lot to be desired, it appeared as though it was mainly prepared for the Asian clientele, with the western foods being bacon, cereal, Danish, toast, fruit and various eggs the rest was made up of whole fried potatoes, tomato based pasta (?) and other Asian type cuisine. The lobby restaurant was being renovated during our stay but opened 1/2 way through. No change to the menu, but the decor was a bit nicer than at the big hut.

The resort offered 3 pools, the lobby pool, which is a medium sized pool with a swim up bar, which appeared to only be staffed occasionally. This pool offered a toddler pool which was a fair bit shallower than the main pool, but constant supervision is required as there is only a 30 cm gap between that and the larger pool which is about 160cm deep (way too deep for small children). The main pool (big pool) was very nice with a large swim up bar. The pool surrounds a little island which you can walk over a log to get to if not keen on swimming. It also has a very shallow area which is great for babies and a kiddie pool for those a bit bigger; again, constant supervision is required.

The pools were lovely, but appeared to not be cleaned regularly as there was often sand, leaf litter and other crud under your feet and the sides of the pool edge were covered with moss / mildew.

The grounds are lovely and for the most part the staff were very friendly, our kids visited the kids club on a number of occasions, but we generally stayed to supervise them as there is a charge of you wish to leave them unaccompanied. The kids club is well equipped with various toys, an array of computers loaded with games, a rest area and a video area which are all segregated by the different mushrooms.

Duangjitt is located only minutes from Patong beach, with supermarket and shopping very close. There is little point in trying to negotiate with the tuk-tuk drivers as there is one flat fee of 200 Baht for anywhere in Patong. Interestingly, the hotel wouldn’t allow you to hop into a tuk-tuk from the lobby - you had to walk down to the street to get one. Transport can be arranged via the bell desk and is at a reasonable cost, which can be negotiated. The advantage of this is that the drivers don’t tend to want to take you to every factory and attraction that offers them a kick back.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience on check out which has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Our airport transfers were scheduled to collect us at 9pm for a midnight flight back to Perth, with the small children, we opted to put them to bed as usual and carry them straight to the bus so that they could continue sleeping.

I took our luggage to the lobby in advance, re-stocked the bar fridge with their product (I'd taken it out for my own drinks) and left money on the minibar tab for a bottle of water I'd consumed.

At 8.45 I carried my sleeping 3 year old to the lobby and handed my keys over while the transfer bus was waiting, I was told I had to wait while they checked the room, which basically meant that they would conduct a search to make sure that nothing was stolen. After about 10 minutes, with the rest of the family loaded onto the bus and waiting I was told that there were 2 teaspoons missing and 2 bottles of water had been consumed.

I attempted to tell the lady at reception that the spoons would be somewhere in the room, but to no avail and was then shown a catalogue of room items and told that they'd be 200 Baht each. I continued to tell them that my youngest son (1) would have been playing with them and they were likely under the bed or furniture, but was told that I should check with my other family if they knew where they were, I did so and no one knew. (My wife pointed out later that we'd actually used the spoons to feed our 1 year old at the pool on a couple of occasions and that they'd probably been left with the other cutlery from the food we'd eaten).

The lady at reception eventually had a manager come out and I explained that I didn't know where the spoons where, but they must be in the room - as the bus was waiting and I was holding a heavy 3 year old and over the whole situation I told the manager that to settle it I'd pay 100 baht - he agreed and I handed over 100 baht... just as I was about to storm over to the awaiting bus I was told by the lady that there was still the 2 bottles of water... As the bus had now been waiting for 20 minutes and over the need to argue that I'd only had one and left the money for it, I took out 200 baht and kept my change.

Overall, the hotel is good, food good and well priced, nice gardens, pools and surrounds but check out was a debacle I could have done without.

I'd suggest that checkout proceedures be advised to guests in advance of checkout to avoid that situation, Also would like Duanjitt to take note of my comments regarding the water and spoons, which would have ended up back in your kitchen... I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to argue with a sleeping child in my arms and a bus full of family waiting.

Room Tip: If your travelling as a family go for the two story suites much more comfortably and about the same...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank flying4dummies
Thank you very much for your stay with us. We apologise that we cannot meet your expectation in some aspect. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Phuket.
perth
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took whole family to this hotel recommended by travel agent. We have always stayed at Merlin Beach which was a bit out of the way. This hotel is set in large grounds so if you have trouble walking not an ideal place to stay but grounds are beautifully kept and a pleasure to walk around. The room we had was in the Gasalong wing which was close to reception and breakfast area also kids club. Pool areas were very nice, all rooms very clean. Daughter's family was upgraded to family suite which is two levels and large. She was very happy with it. Some of the rooms we saw were quite strange in design as you entered through bathroom but room was nice apart from that. The hotel is set back from the road but just a short walk to beach and supermarket, plenty of shops and restuarants 5 minutes away. I would stay here again as it was quiet yet easily accessible to shops etc.My daughter found the mattress quite firm for her liking so told housekeeping and they put a foam overlay and it worked a treat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank badcustservice
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoy your stay with us.
We wish to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future if the chance may arise.
Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our third visit to Phuket so we thought we would stay somewhere different this time around. We stayed at this resort during Melboune school holidays 19 Sept till 6 Oct, comprising of 2 children ages 12 and 14 and us. We had a duplex opposite the pool near reception. The rooms were quite large with a master bedroom upstairs huge bathroom (double basins) spa bath and all the other bits and pieces. Downstairs also had a king bed, smaller bathroom, yet quite functional. It was very well serviced daily. Breakfast was good, this was located in one of the outside dining areas, as the resturant near reception was under renovations....However before checkout we got to have breakfast there and they certainly have done a wonderful job. There is also a gym located along with beauty packages in the available. 3 massive pools in total with swim up bars, there are pool life guards on duty throughout the day. The hotel is located about 10-15 minute walk to Bangla road, Junceylon, eateries etc. It is set back from the road, yet convenient....All staff are excellent in English on the front desk and in the resort. There is also kids (the mushroom house!) club available but did not use this service. A massive conference centre is currently being built, should be completed in the new year. Overall we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chops42
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
It is very glad to learn that you had great stay with us. We do appreciate on your review. We wish to have you back to stay with us very soon if the chance may arise.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a lovely place to stay. Just outside the gates is the chaos of Patong and the beach is barely 5 minutes away. Inside there are beautiful gardens and fantastic swimming pools. The food is good and we were surprised there were not more guests eating there in the evening, as the salmon and tuna in particular were superb. We're not sure I would stay in Patong again as it is too commercial and busy, but if we did we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdrienneandStuart
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. It is glad to learn that you enjoy your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future if the chance may arise.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at the Duangjitt Resort for 11 nights recently & loved it.
The staff were fantastic, especially Mr Saki, who greeted my 3 kids with the warmest of smiles every morning at breakfast, & "Joyce", our cleaning lady, who took it upon herself to care for us when we all fell ill for 24 hrs. I think she wanted to adopt my 12 year old boy as his gifts of flowers lasted longer than everyone elses.
The location was perfect for a young family as it allowed you to wander anywhere in Patong with an easy 10 minute stroll to Bangla Rd, 5 min to the beach or endless amounts of bars & restaurants as well as shop after shop , yet escape the constant call of Taxi, Tuk Tuk, you want suit, or massaaaaaaage, by returning to the beautifully relaxing 20+ acres of manicured gardens.
My kids loved the huge pool & waterfall, with swim up bar for their daily milkshakes, & spent plenty of time in the lobby taking advantage of the free Wi Fi to catch up with friends at home.
There were possibly only 2 negatives for the whole time we were there.
1 - The price of food & drink inside the resort( a common complaint with all resorts, I know) was a bit pricey, especially considering you get charged approx. 20% extra in taxes when eating/drinking at the swim up bar or restaurants. This would explain why the restaurant was basically empty every night.
2 - Some more activities needed to be organised for older kids. eg water polo, volleyball or even family bingo of an evening. Most resorts we've stayed at have run these type of games & have been really well attended by all age groups. Maybe even investing in some water slides for the main pool would be a simple crowd pleaser.
Overall, this is a great resort for all travellers & we look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rob S
muek, Guest Relations Manager at Duangjitt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to learn that you had great stay with us and will return to our family again. Also hearty thanks for your comments on our downsides for further improvement.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon